Search results

1. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

Yeah - the garage was definitely a bonus, but didnt keep us that warm at 11 in the evening! Was a long day but worth it... hopefully turbo and clutch over the next couple of weeks (along with little bits like catch can and boost gauge), and then map time!
  2. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

So - nice and early yesterday morning, I setoff to my mates with this boot full of goodies; In there I have, a new Milltek Cat Back system (2.5" bore), Darkside Developments Intercooler pipework, a tecniclutch clutch and SMF kit (rated to more than 600lb foot of toque as well as my new...
  3. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

So - new turbo specs are; Its a hybrid, with T1749 housings and CHRA shaft with custom designed turbine wheel, compressor wheel and bearings. Seen plenty of 250bhp+ graphs using them!
  4. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

Just another couple of quick pics of the progress... Working on it last weekend; And some of the unnecessary rubbish removed from the engine bay to improve efficiency/packaging/running/everything!
  5. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

So - some updates... Have purchased a new turbo for the car. Includes various upgrades, and tweaks, and should be god for 250bhp with a remap... here is the item in question; So - spent a day with my mate and it turned into a preparation day for the turbo fitting. FOund a boost...
  6. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

Got hold of some genuine Bosch Aero wipers to smarten up the front end a bit - its brilliant that Bosch have finally started making an Aero wiper that you can fit to older style arms;
  7. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

Bit of an update - decided to get my wheels refurbished. I had spent quite a bit of time looking at possible wheel change options, but after some horror stories about AP Caliper clearance, aswell as the fact that I was happy with the stance of the original wheels, not to mention the way they...
  8. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

So - couple more little bits and pieces; not much interesting tho! Spent a good day, properly deep cleaning the arches/coilovers/callipers etc so that I have a small hope of adjusting the coilovers (going to raise the front a click or 2, and drop the back a similar amount); Also...
  9. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

Hey mitja155 - the mileage is about 10k a year, but, wear on parts suggests its not been ragged... hey ho - its off now. So, this weekend got the Miltek De-Cat and Stainless system on. As ever (with used parts) its never as easy as first intended, but we got there! Most of the day was spent...
  10. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

So - not quite as much done as I wanted as I burnt my hand during the week! I did get some rather nice pressed steel plates on (forgot to get pics), and also replaced the standard air filter with a lovely green cotton one; I also replaced the rotten front wing with a 2nd hand...
  11. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

So, a bit more progress this weekend. On Saturday, I did a fairly long drive to pick up a stainless exhaust system, with a Miltek De-Cat 3" downpipe, a green cotton filter, and a 2 new front wings (minus the rust of my current ones!)... Really looking forward to getting the 'zorst on (next...
  12. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

So - first couple of upgrades. First thing (within 1 week of ownership) was to get rid of the EGR valve - went the Allard route which I now realise may not have been the most cost effective... but hey, its done a job! Why get rid of the EGR valve? Check this out - a properly looked after...
  13. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

So - thought I'd keep track of the progress on my new car, with mods etc all in one place rather than littering up the forums with all sorts of posts! I have owned quiet a few cars, and they are always a compromise between economy (I have, and have had pretty silly commutes at various times)...
  14. flip key info thread

Brilliant info on this thread - thanks to all who have contributed... Will let you know how I get on!
  15. Best way to cure condensation in the headlight

Where is it that the condensation tends to get it?
  16. Best way to cure condensation in the headlight

Re the Silica Gel packets - where exactly do people stick them... my lights have so much condensation - its not even funny!
  17. My Mk4 facelift Ibiza Cupra TDi

Nice Car! Its just like my new one (at the moment!)
  18. New Style SFS Silicone Boost Pipes On The Way :-)

Thanks for putting this up - I'm thinking boost pipes, exhaust and filter on mine, in preparation for a map (or maybe a new turbo as well at the same time!). Any progress from anyone on the fitting at the bottom?
  19. Polo Rear Wiper Conversion Guide

Nice little guide, and a brilliant, cheap mod - on te to-do list... thanks!
  20. Newbie

Receipts... And based on the mechanical condition, I don't have reason to be suspicious...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.