Search results

1. Adam D

PCV Valve / Oil Filler Cap

Here’s a video of the engine currently YouTube Link I actually don’t think it’s what i think, the RPM just over a minute is around 760, there’s the odd tiny blips that you can’t make out on the graph, goes to around 780/90 for second and i can feel it slightly jump sat inside. It’s probably...
  2. Adam D

No fault codes. I did have some misfire ones but i think changing the spark plugs has now sorted it however i’ve not really been able to go on a decent drive since i did them.
  3. Adam D

Thanks for that, When i turned the oil cap and lifted slightly there was a big range of suction against it and the engine started running really rough, as soon as i closed the gap again it smoothed back out. Not quite sure now as that goes against both things you’ve said haha, I’ll do...
  4. Adam D

I left them pre-gapped as they came. (just to note the slight off idle was the same before any of these main issues i’ve changed)
  5. Adam D

Following on from my thread here regarding changing my rocker cover gasket after finding oil on top of one of my spark plugs. I ran into a few further issues of misfiring on Friday (first since changing), enough that i could hardly drive the car. I popped some new spark plugs in as they were...
  6. Adam D

Misfire - Oil on spark plug

ordered a new one from Seat, waiting for the call to pick it up and then attempt to replace it! o_O
  7. Adam D

Since making the journey back home and getting the misfire again i’ve not had chance to take the coil back out and see if it’s filled up any more from when i initially tried to clean it out. From what i’ve read about the Mk1s it’s normally the gasket and it seems to be an easy enough job to...
  8. Adam D

Apologies, not sure why i said injector! When i take the ingnition coil out there’s oil around the bottom of the coil and some sat on top of the spark plug.
  9. Adam D

Hi Guys, Friday i topped up my oil as it was a little on the low side, drove a good 150 miles without issue. I took the car out Sunday and noticed lack of power when accelerating. I took the injectors out and 3 of 4 were all fine, the second one had a small amount of oil around and on top of...
  10. Adam D

Daft Question - Cambelt Change - Oil?

So my long overdue cambelt / waterpump is being replaced next week. With past cars part of the change was oil / filter. Is this needed when the garage carry out the work? The only reason i’m asking here and not them is they are closed until Monday and ecp have 35% off where i could purchase...
  11. Adam D

OEMVAG parts

Looks like they've just gone, the site has been like it has for a while and the facebook pages are still down. I tried calling their company number in Spain with no answer. I called my bank and put in a chargeback request, 3 days later i had a letter from the bank saying they have completed the...
  12. Adam D

So whats the deal with the grills?

Cheers for that, it makes sense now. I do like the look of the top and bottom grill in the FL version but i think the side grills look much better on the earlier ones.
  13. Adam D

That part i get, i have a K1 that has the kit on and the splitter looks like its a Triple R one being fitted, it was more aiming at the honeycomb part of the kit on a pre-FL one which you don't really see anywhere. Confused!
  14. Adam D

So ever since browsing the forums and getting my own Cupra the grill situation has confused me. I know the FL Cupra had the honeycomb top grill and the common one for a top grill seems to be the eBay ones with the black Seat logo. Then on the odd picture i see the the front bumber side...
  15. Adam D

What did you and your MK2 do today?

It does but they are kind of not scratches more of the paint not being applied right or it not taking right in them spots. It seems to be every corner that has a bad finish over all even if it is fully black. I used the contact form on the TRC website but not heard a responce yet. I had more...
  16. Adam D

Was about to fit my Triple R splitter but I opened the box today to take a look and fit and the corners don't look good, do they all come like this ?
  17. Adam D

Looks good, really thinking about it for mine, you got any pictures closer where the bung is? Does it look oem?
  18. Adam D

GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

Unfortunatley i cannot do this on mine, well i can. The boot up logo is the Seat one but when its just at the main menu where you select which function to use its a VW one. I cannot see anywhere to change this and talking to A-Sure through ebay they also tell me it cannot be changed. Maybe mine...
  19. Adam D

So far when i fed the USB connections into the glovebox i pulled in the SatNav antenna and after keeping my eye on the signal levels its pretty much strong singal from in there so i plan on leaving it there for now.
  20. Adam D

Sorry i didn't actually state what i had, i purchased one of the A-Sure ones off eBay. It's pretty much a chinese copy but pulls it off pretty well!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members