Search results

1. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

Can I ask how you know it isn't the DMF? I've got mine scheduled in to have the clutch and DMF changed on Monday, however the mechanic is hopefully going to take it for a spin first to make sure he thinks it's definitely that. I've hoped all the way along it isn't, but feel that it probably is :(
  2. BKD Porous head - prevention?

Thanks Cheshire, I'll look in to it. I'd heard the BKD engines were a bit rubbish (at least, the "A" revision) from what I've seen across the VAG forums.
  3. BKD Porous head - prevention?

Hi guys (and gals?), Not long had my 2.0TDi BKD (Altea) and noticed it has used a bit of water, and oil. There's no mayo but having checked it's got an "A" revision head on it, so it's probably leaking internally I'd guess? So, I've resigned myself to the fact that one day, probably in the...
  4. Radio replacement

I can't really add much to this, other than to say I'm hoping to find a decent replacement unit. There's nothing wrong with the unit in my car, but I don't do CD's, and I'm not a great fan of listening to the radio. In my old car I had a HU with USB that allowed me to use my iPhone/Android, not...
  5. Closing all wibdows with key fob.

I don't think mine does this, that said my keyfob really doesn't work like it's supposed to so I don't think mine can be classed as a decent working example! I do however think I've seen the options when looking through the VAGCOM documentation (although never looked on the car to see if it...
  6. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

If the clutch is down (or completely out of gear, feet off of pedals), that's when it vibrates/shudders. If I bring the clutch up to the bite point then the vibrations stop. From what I've read the DMF tends to be the other way around? So far, no change - I've been unwell and not had chance...
  7. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

Fairly certain I have seen the EML light, and I have had a cheapo OBDII reader attached and seen nothing on it. I do have VCDS and I have a mate who has VagCom I just need to put it on the laptop and plug it in!
  8. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

Yup, if the EML came on I think I'd almost prefer it? My thinking at the moment is - no EML, can't be that serious? *famous last words I know!* Nope, doesn't judder at all. Sometimes seems a little sluggish to turn over from warm but always fine from cold.
  9. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

I only picked the car up in November and I think it's done it on and off since - I just assumed it was "normal" but the more it happens the less convinced I am that it can be! Like I say, it does it sometimes, and I can't figure out a pattern. I will also have a look for split hoses, I had the...
  10. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

Could be DMF but from what I've read that goes when you put the clutch down, not up as mine does? Probably won't be spark plugs. Could be 02/MAF but I'd have thought there may have been a fault code logged? Or I guess they might not be faulty enough to cause a code? Could be fuel filter - I...
  11. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

No worries, like I say I'll definitely check it at the weekend - doesn't cost anything! As far as I know the car is performing absolutely fine other than that - as I say I've only recently got it and prior to this all I've ever driven is a 17yr old French diesel so this seems to have a whole...
  12. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

Cheers for the quick reply, I'll have a quick look at the weekend but I'd have thought if it was engine mounts that it would either vibrate, or not, rather than come and go? I've had (and replaced) failed engine mounts on the 306 and they were a permanent "bounce".
  13. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

Evening all, I've had a search through but can't find any threads that seem to show the same as what I'm "suffering" from. I've only had the car a couple of months, having had my last car (1.9DT Pug 306) for around 8 years and doing all my own maintenance work to it, but my knowledge on the more...
  14. Remote control Key programming

Hi guys, just stumbled across this forum/thread whilst researching my new Altea. It's come with only one key (the flip fob), and no manual key/plastic code thing, I have a friend who has access to VagCom so he should be able to sort me out (I'm assuming that using the software I don't need the...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise