Search results

1. ac delete

i think you can just use a belt but the ribbed side will be on a flat roller so not ideal. The better way is to use the standard tensioner with a mazda ribbed roller. I used the same stuff as Lofty on Briskoda with my pd130 sport and it's been good for several years so far...
  2. Loose Drop Links??

meyle do a HD line which in generasl seems to be more heavy duty. I have their standard ibiza ones but they are not as short as the mondeo ones. They may do meyle HD mondeo ones. Not really that important though. You sure you are torquing up the nuts enough? You holding the bolt end steady...
  3. Loose Drop Links??

I don't think so, just shorter. You can probably get uprated ones like meyle HD the ones you have got have locking nuts?
  4. Loose Drop Links??

People usually fit mondeo ones i think. Not done it personally but it may be better?
  5. Aux belt resistance- alternator clutch or ac compressor?

Ok still pondering this one... AXR engine I think based on looking at real OEM and various other places that i may need a 780mm belt (that would fit just the alternator to the crankshaft pulley) Various things suggest i may or may not need a tensioner. possibly this one...
  6. rust and protection - wheel arch

Thanks guys. Down in Dundee and the salt has just appeared! Hopefully able to keep this in decent condition :)
  7. rust and protection - wheel arch

I'm looking to rust remove, paint then undercoat my wheel arches. There's already undercoat slopped up some of it and obviously arch liner to help. with some patches of rust in the are. i've no experience so if anyone has any advice to offer that would be great. Thinking of doing it in...
  8. Tdi 130 asz head gasket

they are not elastic...
  9. Aux belt resistance- alternator clutch or ac compressor?

Interesting stuff, thanks RUM4MO! Half thinking AC delete anyway as i've never really needed it but finding a good guide is hard. Obviously need a shorter belt but i think the tensioner may need moved/changed in that case
  10. Aux belt resistance- alternator clutch or ac compressor?

Hi Folks My pd100AXR is a little shakey when pulling away in 1st (especially so when cold) and the transmission/engine seems to lurch a bit when i let off the accelerator quickly. I started it up and wend for a quick drive without the aux belt and it seems considerably smoother I've checked...
  11. pre facelift pd130 (ASZ) engine to PD100 facelift

hmmm any other options that are good value? I'm thinking that it doesn't need to be so custom when components are pretty standard. I do want to do it right but i reckon the ten minutes it takes to transfer a file shouldn't be super expensive ( of course there are R&D costs for some mappers)...
  12. pre facelift pd130 (ASZ) engine to PD100 facelift

planning on using a blacksmoke map initially on the pd130. Heard they are mostly pretty decent for stage 1. Any opinions?
  13. pre facelift pd130 (ASZ) engine to PD100 facelift

Thank you badger. great info! Looking at stage 1 for now then possibly a hybrid or something else alongside a clutch to bring it up to 200-220. once i'm more committed Pretty sure the pd100 ASV is electronic, had noticed the ASZs one was vacumn opperated. The pd100 already has a remap but i...
  14. pre facelift pd130 (ASZ) engine to PD100 facelift

Hi folks I have a some upgrade options available to me but i'm not sure which way to go. I have a pre facelift mk iv sport with the ASZ engine and 6 speed box (recently bought) I also have a facelift AXR (pd100) ibiza sport which already has lowering struts,springs and a rear ARB I'm...
  15. Fuel range after battery disconnected

Chances are it'll sort itself out over 10-20 miles. Seen mine do this before
  16. pd100 AXR upgrade advice

That may well be the best thing for me to do then! I'd like to go crazy with it but obviously costs get ridiculous. Hopefully an LSD in the future though. Thank :)
  17. pd100 AXR upgrade advice

Seen both the 1749vb and injectors for decent prices on ebay so sounds good. You reckon they're reliable at that power? any idea if your friends have done the clutch? Thanks Gaz
  18. pd100 AXR upgrade advice

Hey folks Looking for more power (among other things) I've currently got a PD100 AXR Ibiza 6L with a remap and 90000 on the clock (57plate). Quite happy but i want more power I guess i have three rough options Get PD130 injectors and a larger turbo of some description (plus supporting...
  19. battery or starter motor?

Yeh try charging it does your dash battery light shine when the ignition is on but engine not? If not you may have a broken load sense wire(v common, search on here) that could be a really simple fix
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.