Search results

1. larrychips

Most Hideous / Embarassing Courtesy Cars

My Cupra 280 SC was at the service centre for a couple of days this week getting an engine management light diagnosed (which has yet to be diagnosed!)...and the courtesy car I was given was a bright red Skoda CityGo. I have never driven anything with so little power and go...I felt pretty...
  2. larrychips

Cupra 280 - Confused DSG gearbox

Thanks for the comments, it is reassuring to hear its not something unique to my car. I do find it a little unnerving that when "Issue 2" occurs, it's just bouncing off the limiter for that short time before it shifts down and takes off again. Going back to my original post, I guess I am...
  3. larrychips

Thanks for your comments guys. Ok, seems "issue" 1 is not an issue at all. I guess it is my inexperience with auto boxes...and sporty ones at that. I've always had manuals in the past, only driven the odd auto hire cars. As you've mentioned, it's expecting me to keep on accelerating and...
  4. larrychips

I thought I'd write about a couple of "issues" I've had with the DSG box on my Cupra 280 to see if anyone had experienced the same. I could be doing something wrong or expecting too much...or there could actually be a fault. I've done just over 6.5k miles in my Cupra now, so getting to know...
  5. larrychips

Windscreen/headlight washers - Selectable?

Excellent, many thanks for linking that...not sure how I missed it! I am glad to see I am not the only one reporting this "issue". As it requires a change in the VCDS (which I do not have access to), I think its something I'll just have to live with. Gives me a chance to take a look under the...
  6. larrychips

Windscreen/headlight washers - Selectable?

A question about the windscreen/headlight washers, which I have not been able to find the answer to: I have noticed that about 50% of the time, when I spray the windscreen with water to wash it, that it also sprays water onto the headlights. Given the weather, I have to clean the windscreen...
  7. larrychips

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Drove my Cupra (on standard tyres) in the ice snow a couple of days ago...took it verrrrry easy! A tiny squeeze too much on the loud pedal and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree...but not as bad as I was expecting. Me and my car got home in one piece, so must have done something right...
  8. larrychips

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Congrats! Isn't she pretty...I do like it in black. Part of me wishes I had waited the extra 10 weeks or so for a black one...needed it sooner, so mines a SC in "Dynamic Grey". I hear you about the first few curious jabs on the loud pedal, scared the bejeezes out of me the 1st time I put...
  9. larrychips

What's your "Individual Profile"

Don't worry Stever750, it took me a week or so after I got mine to discover that little D/S toggle via the gear selector feature, and its completely changed the way I drive it. It's in D 95% of the time, and when I want to over-take or a little red mist appears, a quick flick down and I'm gone...
  10. larrychips

Leon and Spotify

Having similar issues...it defaults to playing random music stored on the phone, not Spotify...even though Spotify was the last played music source on the phone (iPhone 6). I'll try the advice posted earlier in this thread to make Spotify the default music player app, as 90% of my music is on...
  11. larrychips

Door rattles!!

I have noticed that my passenger side door rattles a bit on my SC Cupra. It's only really noticable at slow speeds on poor roads. Are you saying I can take it to a dealer to sort out (for free)? Its not major, but it is a little annoying...and would not expect it from a brand new car, I've...
  12. larrychips

I'd have to agree...had to wait while the heater warmed up this morning to de-ice from the inside, still only took a 2-3mins. A heated front screen would be a nice touch. I just took my baby for it's 1st wash this morning, its looking all shiney again like the day I got it. No rain forcast...
  13. larrychips

I thought about it on the drive there, and you are right Rob, its just not worth it. The chances of something happening are very small, but simply not worth the risk. I cannot afford to loose my licence as I rely on it for work...not to mention I would be completely liable for my car and...
  14. larrychips

I'm taking my 280 up to show my father (for the 1st time) today, which I am really looking forward to. If anything, my dad is even more of a petrol head than I am (probably where I get it from!). He used to race cars in his youth, telling me stories of his highly modified Ford Anglia with...
  15. larrychips

Mines also "Dynamic Grey"...I was a little surprised when it arrived, it's more white than grey. It almost looks very light blue in some lights, in the dark it just looks white. Its a far lighter shade than I was expecting...the pictures online & the SEAT website are a little deceiving I think...
  16. larrychips

Just got mine yesterday...as posted in other threads. But I hear you ref. the YouTube vids...I probably account for the other half of the view counts! Watched every one several times whist waiting for mine to be delivered, including some of the ones in foreign languages! (The translate subtitles...
  17. larrychips

I find myself driving everywhere with a big grin on my face...partly because of only just getting it, and partly because it is a hoot to drive. I was giving my brother & his wife a little test drive this evening...I put foot a little on a clear stretch of road and backed off quite early (it was...
  18. larrychips

Well overdue hampshire meet.

Being new to Seat ownership & new to the forums...and based in SW London, I'm keen for a meet down in the SE somewhere. 14th December at the Mickey D's just outside of Southampton suites me fine...would enjoy the drive! - Leon Cupra 280 DSG
  19. larrychips

The dealer where I got it from (offered a good deal) was in York. I thought that it was going to be delivered on the back of a truck...but I guess it's my fault for not specifically requesting this or at least enquiring about how it was going to be delivered. The delivery guy was quite an...
  20. larrychips

Took delivery of my Cupra today: My first impressions... I took delivery of my Leon Cupra 280 today and took it for a good drive...although mostly in rush-hour traffic. I just got in from saying good-night to my new baby...thought it would be a good time to do a little "first impressions"...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.