Search results

1. New EGR fitted and my fuel economy is now worse

Not a silver 53 plate is it? Sounds like my old one
  2. Egr software delete west yorkshire

Long shot I know being a Friday night and short notice but is anyone around tomorrow to use their vag com to delete the egr so the engine management light stops coming on. Found the guide on how to do it already Prepared to travel and will pay good money Cheers
  3. Parts identification

Suppose I could have a go can't make it any worse! Anyone who's done this can it be done off a jack and them ramps you can drive on to or does it really need a 4 poster lift. I can call in a favour if I really need to
  4. Parts identification

Hi guys a few weeks ago my mk1 leon started playing up with its cooling fans. And now it's constantly on full speed. So anyway I've read all the guides on how to fix it and to be honest I'd rather just swap the whole thing and be done with it. Can any one tell me what exactly I need? Do I...
  5. The famous twin speed fan problem

Never mind problem sorted!
  6. Temperature problems

Super sticky I have exactly the same problem. Two probes and 2 stats later I got bored with it and just live with it now as it doesn't affect my MPG. The gauge does rise like it should it just drops when I let off the accelerator so can't see it being the wiring. I basically resigned myself...
  7. Temperature problems

Yeah what I said above is right. Mine goes up to 90 and stays there as it should
  8. Temperature problems

There's a guide on here somewhere. Off the top of my head you hold the up and recirculation button for a few seconds and then you scan thru the numbers. Think the temp one is number 51
  9. Temperature problems

Same as me then mate. Swapped the stat and sensor twice and it's still up and down. Have you checked with the temp readings on the climate control panel? Mine says it goes up to 90 and stays there so I'm just living with the gauge showing dodgy readings now I got bored of looking for a solution...
  10. mountain bike carrying

Gonna get worse once I get my fatty! That is my other option getting something like a caddy or connect. Shame to get rid so quick tho which I'd have to do as I don't need 2 vehicles
  11. mountain bike carrying

Before anybody says it I've used the search option first :) So I realise that because I have a tdi cupra a towbar isn't straight forwards. I don't mind cutting the bumper as if I do it'll be staying on for good as a parking sensor aswell. Before I do that though I've read a few times that...
  12. temperature gauge again

Bad times with a list like that slim. You must really like the car I'd of got shot by now if it was me. With regards to this temp problem wouldn't the car be over heating with a broken impellor in the water pump? I can't get the temp upto 90 let alone past it
  13. temperature gauge again

Really? Wow ive never had such a bad car lol. Nothing but problems so far! !
  14. temperature gauge again

Right so by this point I've realised I've ended up with a total lemon of a leon. Any common or general problem they can have mine has. Temp gauge was acting dodgy so I swapped the black 4 pin sensor to a new Green top sensor. Still wasn't right so I swapped the stat too. Now the gauge went up...
  15. Temperature problems

Right so after messing about this week we have a new stat and new Green temperature sensor fitted. And I'm back exactly where I started. Temp gauge stays down but goes up when accelerating and going down when taking it easy. Sits at what I would guess is 70 degrees on the gauge. Whilst all...
  16. Coolant Temp

Dunno how to put links up off my phone but on this first page there's my thread called temperature problems and a link in there with just the one pic and a brief explanation. Worked for me anyway! Didn't have to remove anything to do it either and I don't have small hands. Took me a couple of...
  17. Temperature problems

Well I swapped it over to the new stat but still not heating up. Temp stays at the bottom but lifted to halfway to 90 when I booted it through all the gears then went back down when I lifted off. Gonna see what the climate control tells me in the morning now I know it can tell me info. Seems...
  18. Temperature problems

Ok stupid question time..... From what I can tell I have g12 coolant because mines pink. But because it's a new car to me I don't know if it's normal or g12 plus? Does it matter if they are mixed? Also I'm guessing I have to pre drain it to do the stat? I read theres a drain valve on the...
  19. what have you done to your car today ?

Today I started on my to do list! Done all four door seals as I have a water leak. Dead easy compared to what I was expecting thanks to the guide on here
  20. Temperature problems

Ok cheers ill get one ordered. Are they all the same or is there a 'better' type or anything?