Search results

1. Coilovers

Thank you for your prompt and competent response, I will invest in some JOM's when I have the money too.. I'll be sure to buy them from DPM Performance when I get around to it!
  2. Coilovers

Mainly just improved suspension but also improved handling when I do decide to take it for a proper spin! Heard quite good ratings about the ProSport ones compared to sets of nearly double their price. Thanks
  3. Coilovers

Would you say a set of these are worth getting compared to standard suspension Damian? Also which would be the best to get out of the 3 budget sets? Thanks
  4. Thermostat Sensor Replace Guide?

That just proves my lack of knowledge haha! Okay, looks like I'm going to have to replace the thermostat! Thanks for the guide link and the advice! Much appreciated! Will it hurt the car much to drive it like this for a few days?
  5. Thermostat Sensor Replace Guide?

Thank you and I may well need that guide to replace the thermostat but is there one just for the sensor? I used that guide for the ECT sensor and worked wonders for someone of my knowledge and capabilities!
  6. Thermostat Sensor Replace Guide?

Does anybody have a comprehensive guide on how to replace the thermostat sensor and not the ECT sensor. I know the thermostat sensors aren't a common problem to happen but I got it plugged in and the probable cause was the ECT sensor, Thermostat sensor. I replaced the ECT sensor and got the...
  7. Key Fob Problem

They aren't all that expensive to buy, you can get the pre face-lift model with less than 100,000 miles for 1,500 or less all day long. If you see a young lad smiling whilst driving a cupra, that'll be me!
  8. Key Fob Problem

Thanks Dan I live a few miles away from Tiverton and work in Tiverton, so I might see you and your cupra around sometime! [B)]
  9. Key Fob Problem

Hi guys, My key fob isn't working and think it might be the casing of the key. Can I just take everything out the old one and put into a new shell and get the key cut? In logic, I can't see why it wouldn't but don't want to do it, if it will need re-programming etc.. Thanks in advance!
  10. Engine Management Light is on!!

I've taken it in to the garage and it was the ECT sensor, engine coolant thermostat. I've went out and bought a new one, does anybody know where I could find a guide with working pictures to fit this sensor, I've heard it's relatively straight forward. Thanks
  11. Engine Management Light is on!!

Okay, I shall get it booked in and see what error codes come up. Hopefully it's nothing major and should bring the Dump Valve back to life. Thank you.
  12. Engine Management Light is on!!

All the hoses fit on properly and I replaced it the exact same way the Bosch DV came out. The small hose at the top. Jubilee clips have all been tightened up on it.
  13. Engine Management Light is on!!

I replaced my dump valve yesterday and a couple short 5 mile drives later, the engine management light came on. It is a forge recirculating one and hasn't worked since I put it on. Is it the Mass Air Flow or the Blow Off Valve gone? I also get sparks on the temperature gauge, driving along will...
  14. Best Oil to use?

Thanks for the responses. I will either buy Millers or Castrol Edge! It least I know I want to get 5w40 now :) Thanks guys!
  15. Best Oil to use?

Hi, I am new to this forum and to owning a Leon Cupra. I have been recommended by Mechanic friends to use 5w 40 Fully Synthetic. But Castrol Edge doesn't include Seat in it's list of manufacturers it's suitable for. Castrol website suggest 5w 30 fully synthetic. I read that the engine is...
  16. Leon MK1 Cruise Control Guide - Pic Heavy

Cruise Control Query! Hi, I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I am being stupid. Not sure if you specified but are those instructions applicable to a 2003 1.8T Cupra? Only I have just rung the local SEAT dealer and they quoted me 180 inc VAT and said they also might be more if they...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise