Search results

1. Timing Belt Replacement Interval

Why change the cambelt when it can be visual verified? See post #11. It's not a starship engine, it's a simply belt. I will extend my search to see if Seat Germany has this policy regarding timing belt. I understand, UK Seat has employees and they must be paid. So every penny is welcomed. Wish...
  2. Timing Belt Replacement Interval

Just one question: Who do I trust: the manual made by those who build the car or the dealers? For your correct knowledge and soul peace, try to send an email to SEAT Spain, ask them about this cambelt change and their answer will be the one you should trust. No comment. ( This cambelt change at...
  3. Timing Belt Replacement Interval

@Hp1 See my post #5, capture 1 and 2, this page.
  4. Timing Belt Replacement Interval

I read daily VW, Skoda, Seat forums from Romania, UK, France, Italy, Germany and Russia. I didn't find until now one single case of broken timing belt. See how to check the belt.
  5. Timing Belt Replacement Interval

I post a link to Seat manuals: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M4ofxxMgsFjE7hNWg6l4KuifelmdMUu0 You will find many manuals and answers to your problems. There is one major problem: you have to read them. These manuals are made by those who made the cars, not by Seat representatives...
  6. Timing Belt Replacement Interval

From the Maintenance Manual Seat. The table posted up is for another country grup, B.
  7. cambelt change intervals

Hi, I think that if you try to use this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M4ofxxMgsFjE7hNWg6l4KuifelmdMUu0 you will find many manuals, including Maintenance manual, in which you will find a table with service intervals and when to replace the cam belt. Have a nice day.
  8. Timing belt and Waterpump query

@GTunney I would like to know the answer they will give you. have a nice day.
  9. Timing belt and Waterpump query

@GTunney, 2 links: Seat Leon Mk3 Manuals: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M4ofxxMgsFjE7hNWg6l4KuifelmdMUu0 Seat Self Study Programmes: https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/timing-belt-and-waterpump-query.444853/
  10. Timing belt and Waterpump query

@GTunney, I have the same engine on my Skoda Octavia 3, !.4 TSI 103kw, code CHPA. In the maintenance manual, for our engines, it 's not specified this interval for changing the timing belt. Probably, the dealers and the guys from auto workshops know better than those who built the car and made...
  11. 1.4tsi act cambelt

From Maintenance Manual 01.2017
  12. Manual/owners guide

@ andrewpain, Hello, Please, can you send me Seat Leon ST owners manual on this e-mail address: "[email protected]". I can't send you a PM, so I use this way. Thank you in advance for your answer and time. Have a nice day.
  13. Cupra on normal 95 ron fuel

@seastormer, Yes, I think you're right. My intention is to keep this car for minimum 6-7 years, so I take care of engine by using high octane. I am not interested for more power, I am 50 years old so I have a peaceful driving style. That "min.95 RON" is marketing, it helps selling cars, that's...
  14. Cupra on normal 95 ron fuel

I didn't understood why ONLY Skoda write in owner manual that using higher octane brings a few hp and low consumption and the other VAG manuals didn't mention about this increase hp/decrease consumption. I also feel this improvement, even though my engine has only 140 hp. @andycupra: You are...
  15. Cupra on normal 95 ron fuel

Hi, I have a little dilemma. I read the Seat, Audi, VW owner manuals, forums from UK, France, Italy, Germany referring the recommended (best) petrol for your engine. The fuel with a higher RON can be used with no problems, but nothing about any benefits using this high octane. In my Skoda owner...
  16. 1.4 TSI technical document

Thank you. It seems interesting to read.
  17. 1.4 TSI technical document

Hello, Does anyone have this documentation: " VW Self-Study Program 511: Otto - EA211 TSI turbo engines"?
  18. Cold start problem 1.4TSI

Hi, Have you any sound record at start up engine? It may be useful.
  19. Lucifer's ultimate guide: 1.4tsi fundamental problems

Hello Lucifer, can you help me with my problem, that I posted at #48? Thank you for your time. PS. I can't post a video with that noise because I am new on this forum and I haven't the right to post URL.
  20. Lucifer's ultimate guide: 1.4tsi fundamental problems

Hi , Two months ago, I bought a Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI 140 HP and since then, every morning (since day 1) when I start the engine first time or when the engine is cold (after 4-5 hours), I hear a strange(whining) noise (less than 1 sec.). I searched the forums in my country for people who have...