Search results

1. Syndrome

Cupra 300 ST 4Drive - Jerky gearbox

Hey all, Have been running a 17 plate Leon Cupra 300 ST 4Drive since August, I have had an issue where the gearbox seems to forget to engage first for a few seconds when coming down the box, this is particularly fun when approaching roundabouts, give-ways etc. To be honest it only seems to...
  2. Syndrome

Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Did have a look with a torch and no evidence of damage or any material being removed, there were some contact patches on the insert but I expected that. Interesting both of you had bent 034 inserts, particularly on a 1.8. What tyres were you both using at the time?
  3. Syndrome

Cuppa 290 BE Stolen!!!

As far as I am aware there isn't currently a keyless entry system that is immune to the repeater attacks. Modern Audis are getting targeted pretty frequently and I'd be surprised if the KESSY system is different to any other keyless entry system in the VWG. It's a bit of a patronising video but...
  4. Syndrome

Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

One final update. First of all, apologies for forgetting to check up on the thread when I updated in February, my life went a bit interesting for a few months and my feet have only just touched the ground. Anyway, I decided to take the 034 insert out today as the 280 SC is going back...
  5. Syndrome

Cuppa 290 BE Stolen!!!

I do spend time around there so I'll keep a look out when I'm in the area. I'm guessing you have already looked into home security such as PIR lights, alarms and CCTV, another one to consider I am looking for the car itself is a Ghost Autowatch immobiliser, which prevents the car from running...
  6. Syndrome

Cuppa 290 BE Stolen!!!

Massive sympathy for you OP, I had a motorbike nicked while I was out many moons ago and that was gut wrenching enough, never mind having the insult of being burgled. Do you mind if I ask where in the UK you live? I travel around a lot so I'll keep my eyes peeled.
  7. Syndrome

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Good to know, I was looking at getting some but if they are really noisy I won't.
  8. Syndrome

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Picked up the ST today, so until the SC gets picked up on Monday my driveway has a double trouble look to it. Also took the time to transfer my BlackVue dashcam over. I must admit the Mystery Blue colour is absolutely stunning and has already attracted a number of comments, I will be...
  9. Syndrome

Sub 8 brake issues

steveo59, by any chance was it the drivers side both times?
  10. Syndrome

Cupra ST Towbar

From what I've read the problem probably wouldn't be with the plod, as these things usually aren't checked too often, it would be if you had a crash, particularly getting rear ended and the insurance company using it to say the bar caused damage as it wasn't approved. For me as much as I would...
  11. Syndrome

Resonating brakes

Now you mention it that does ring a bell, my experience certainly tallies up to this as it was that side that went. FYI they had no track days (shame on me I know) and *ahem* spirited driving where I would always take it steady before parking up to let the brakes cool. Another thing that...
  12. Syndrome

New MK3 Leon CUPRA R Confirmed

Love the design of the alloys, colour of the alloys and the colour scheme in general I can't say has grabbed me. Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like £6k for a PP with bling wheels, questionable colour scheme and stick on trim pieces.
  13. Syndrome

Cupra ST Towbar

True, while I agree they have their place they are not a sporty powerplant. Motorway cruising etc, they are fantastic. One of the most effortless cars to drive I have owned was a Mk4 Golf GT with a 130hp PD engine.
  14. Syndrome

Cupra ST Towbar

Did not know that, glad they stopped however. Good lord. Why would you replace the engine in that with a Diesel? If you respond with something about MPG I may have to refer you to your first post :p
  15. Syndrome

Cupra 300 ST DSG AWD vs Cupra 280 SC DSG Sub8 FWD - Back-to-back

Wanting a pretty specific spec, plus although the AWD is a bit boring in comparison it is a little more usable on a daily basis, something that suits me with the mileage I'll be doing. If I want fun I can get the Caterham out of the garage, something that may happen a little more now.
  16. Syndrome

Cheers guys. On the premium side the car I am taking has 5k on the clock and is less than £27k, so seem to have a pretty good deal as it is about £38k RRP and £32k on CarWow etc. I do slightly regret not being told an estate was a few months away from being released when I ordered mine in...
  17. Syndrome

A while ago VW very graciously gave me a Golf R for a week after my Cupra 280 ate it's own engine and I did a rather lengthy post on a back-to-back comparison, clicky: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=432400 Well the 280 SC DSG is going back at the end of the month and being...
  18. Syndrome

Cupra ST Towbar

Agree with the sentiment somewhat, however for me the beauty of cars such as these is you can have proper fun in it but not sacrifice on practicality... I'd be lying if I said I was disappointed the ST 300 isn't tow rated, however it was to tow a Caterham to a track so I'm not giving my...
  19. Syndrome

Resonating brakes

Had the exact same issue culminating in a pretty nasty warp on the front drivers disc, as AndrewJB said it is common with the TTRS brakes that are used in the Sub8 pack. After bumbling round some threads on the TTRS forums it seems the discs are the culprit and are seen as "a bit naff"...
  20. Syndrome

Another Traction Control Question Thread...

Honestly from the driver seat the change in NVH is barely noticeable, I only noticed because I was looking for it, it really is such a minor change. No-one who has sat in the passenger seat could tell even when I told them what was different. I wouldn't tolerate it myself tbh if it was even...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise