Search results

1. Genuine SEAT Ibiza Parts & Accessories

Hi Andy, Hopefully this is the right place to ask this but I'm after a radio surround for a 2015 Ibiza FR please. Is this something you could provide a price and lead time for? Many thanks.
  2. Cupra head unit in FR

Been looking into this again and surely it can be made to fit? Seen plenty of double din installs in a 6L Ibiza but I'd like to keep it looking OEM if possible. I believe the cupra screen was also available on the newer FRs as an option too so it really should fit.
  3. 1.2 TSI EPC Error (P334a)

I got the Laser TX Bit Set 23 Piece (product code: 1414F at the time of writing this). Hope the fix works
  4. 1.2 TSI EPC Error (P334a)

Hi voykek, It sounds like you have a gummed up wastegate valve which would mean investigations into that rather than the actuator. When I first was looking into the P334a issue I disconnected the actuator to see how easy it was to move the valve rod by hand and it was very easy with distinct...
  5. 1.2 TSI EPC Error (P334a)

You won't really be able to see the wear on the slides as such, it's more how sloppy a fit the sensor is to the housing that's telling of this. It could be that your car is having to relearn the positions of the hall sensor so it may go away on it's own after a few journeys. Did you notice any...
  6. 1.2 TSI EPC Error (P334a)

Glad to hear that. Hopefully it's sorted now :)
  7. 1.2 TSI EPC Error (P334a)

Hi, A silicone grease would be best such as this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverhook-SGPGT90-Silicone-Grease-Tube/dp/B00W6Q3B1G/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=silicone+grease&qid=1604181114&sr=8-3 Or red caliper grease would also work if you have any spare. Good luck with the fix and let...
  8. Cupra head unit in FR

Has anyone put the large screened head unit from the cupra into a more peasant spec Ibiza like our FR? I know I'd need to get the button assembly in front of the gear stick as well to move the buttons but wondered if this would be plug and play or whether I'd need to get deep into VCDS to get it...
  9. 1.2 TSI EPC Error (P334a)

FIX FOR P334A ISSUE… Having had a couple of 1.2 TSI cars that have demonstrated this fault and investigated further, it seems there’s a design flaw with the turbo actuators on this engine (located just to the right of the exhaust heatshield and mounted on the turbo). The internal position...
  10. Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI handling & VCDS options

I'm guessing the Ibiza Cupra isn't nearly as popular as the leon Cupra given the lack of replies :shrug:
  11. Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI potential

I'm looking at potentially going for the Ibiza 1.8 TSI from a Suzuki Swift Sport and have to say it's a bit disappointing how little this car is discussed on this forum. It's putting me off getting the car tbh as there's just too many unknowns. From the research I've done on the car it sounds...
  12. Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI handling & VCDS options

Hi All, Been looking into these what with having fond memories of my mk5 FR before getting my Suzuki Swift Sport. I have a couple of concerns though which won't all get answered by a test drive: On the limit handling Whilst not all that playful, I always thought my FR was fairly well balanced...
  13. Supermarket dings

You could always try to get another door from a scrappy. This can be cheaper than getting a door resprayed and (as long as it's in original condition) is OEM quality of course and more likely to last. That said if it's from an older car for example, the shade might be very different from yours...
  14. Soundaktor removal

Either series. I think the exhaust on an inline four can only ever sound alright at best tbh. That doesn't include the crossplane crank of a Yamaha R1 or MT10 though, they sound awesome.
  15. Soundaktor removal

The soundaktor mimics induction noise rather than exhaust noise which is always a far nicer thing to listen to on an inline four engine. They can compliment each other of course, but I challenge anyone to find a better sounding exhaust on a flatplane inline four cylinder engine than the...
  16. 1.4 tsi CAVE melted piston

Looks to me like your spark plug was either overtightened (which caused the thread to fail) or too loose (which allowed the hot gases to melt things). I've only had a brief look but all those fault codes look like they support something like that happening.
  17. Led number plate bulbs have blown and all burnt!?!?

I'd read elsewhere that the bulb test the car performs can damage LEDs and so needs to be disabled using VCDS. What has confirmed this maybe the case for me is that we had the same LED reverse bulbs in both our cars but both of them in the Ibiza have failed and this seems too much of a...
  18. EGR Sensor 1 - Signal Too Low - What to do?

I very much doubt it's the sensor that's faulty, it's merely reporting the mechanism is jamming due to being sooted up and as such is not moving to it's required positions. The car can only see it as a discrepancy between what it's telling the servo to do and what the position sensor is saying...
  19. Ibiza FR 1.2 tsi EPC fault light and emissions fault light

Sounds like all this could well be along the same lines as the issue we had with ours. If it is the same it can be fixed by a bit of tinkering and above all, a blob of superglue. See thread here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=426410 Our car's been running fine ever since.
  20. 1.2 TSI Problem

Our 1.2 TSI doesn't do that either. Are you able to use VCDS on it? Only some problems recognised by the car aren't significant enough to bring on the engine check light.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.