Search results

1. Thinking of trading in my Leon

I was getting 50-53 mpg from my 2018 Leon FR 2.0 190 petrol on longer trips (circa 120 miles, mostly A-Roads and some motorway). Even my current 2020 Cupra will do 43 on a similar 120 mile commute with a few good squirts of the loud pedal
  2. Wheel hop

My 2016 manual Cupra 290 suffered terribly especially if there was any steering angle on but I adapted my driving to minimise it. Seems much less of an issue on my current 2020 Cupra 290 DSG.
  3. Cupra ST Mud Flaps

Ok I was assuming it was like the hatch where the FR rear flaps do not fit the Cupra
  4. Cupra ST Mud Flaps

Pretty sure there are no OEM rear mudflaps for the Cupra.
  5. Stop Start Not Available

Possibly different between petrol and diesel or perhaps just later 19 cars?
  6. Stop Start Not Available

Checked the -‘ve post and there is a cable clipped into the module, no signs of anything missing. Connected Carista and it doesn’t show anything for stop-start but then a google showed that 2019-2020 cars can’t have stop-start turned off by Carista. going to revive my old VCDS laptop and see if...
  7. Stop Start Not Available

Thanks for the responses. I have an old VCDS from 2015 when I had my earlier Mk3 Leons but it doesn't read half the modules on this car as the cable/dongle needs to be updated. Will check the battery connections and also see if my old VCDS gives me any clues in case of a coding change has been...
  8. Stop Start Not Available

Done about 1000 miles since picking up my 2020 Cupra 290 now, and stop start always shows as unavailable with the message 'vehicle power consumption is high'. Is this what would happen if the previous owner used VCDS or Carista to disable Stop Start by setting a voltage limit ?
  9. Heater Fan Speed

So when I started my 2020 Cupra 290 this morning the heater fan went to MAX speed and there was seemingly no way to reduce it, turning the dial had no effect apart from the number of LEDs it lit up! Would not go to OFF with further anticlockwise rotation This is my 4th Leon and never experienced...
  10. Back in a Cupra

Yesterday was a long day. Over 8 hrs to clay, wash,dry,wax and fit front mudflaps. Happy with the outcome though and this afternoon got the dashcam wired in and swapped front to rear tyres to even out the wear.
  11. Back in a Cupra

Picked the car up this afternoon, so far very pleased. Only query so far is somebody said they think the lights have been tinted - could be the lighting and camera? Tomorrow will be spent with a clay bar removing tar and other contaminants, but it's in pretty good shape from what I've...
  12. Back in a Cupra

Back after a few years away. Collecting a low mileage 20-plate Leon Cupra 290 DSG on Friday, my previous 2016 Leon Cupra 290 Black was a manual (sold in 2018). On a test drive earlier the suspension seemed more compliant for town driving and less crashy on less than perfect road surfaces than I...
  13. DIY hardwire dashcam installation

From memory when I had mine, one of the unused fuse slots has a permanent live. I just made a short lead with a spade connector and buzzed through with a meter until I found the live.
  14. CUPRA Leon 300PS UK pricing and specification

and Seat have messed up the Leon FR too by limiting it to a 1.5 engine - the 1.8 (180) or 2.0 (190) engines and I might consider a std Leon as a daily again but not with that 1.5 under the hood.
  15. CUPRA Leon 300PS UK pricing and specification

They have blown it for me. There will be no return, not enough choice on what I want without being forced to the top spec which is too much money and has absolutely awful wheels. The whole point with the Mk 3 was it was 5k cheaper than a similar spec'd Golf, and IMHO looked better and was...
  16. VCDS / VAG-COM Register - Who's got what and where?

I have VCDS in Worcester, although I am away on business for the next 3 weeks
  17. Conundrum on model

I averaged almost 45 mpg over 2 years in my manual 1.8 FR (64 plate) doing about 9k a year, was with a 12 mile each way daily commute plus a fair few longer journeys. check the tech, the 17 plate car may have upgraded infotainment. the 1.8 has better suspension and brakes than the 1.4. I found...
  18. New 2019 BMW M135i XDRIVE set to launch with 302bhp. Thoughts?

This is the reason why I sold my Cupra 290 in December a good year earlier than I had planned .. so I could get the M140i with the 3.0 straight 6 and RWD whilst they are still available.
  19. Not why you buy a CUPRA but...

I averaged 35 overall in my 290 in the 2 years I had it. On a decent long run 40 was often seen but any kind of hold up and slow stop start traffic soon took that below 35, like on the morning commute. It got driven like it was supposed to when conditions allowed and I was in the mood. Overall...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.