Search results

1. My mk1 Leon Cupra - K04-064

Hello again, been a while since ive been on here, so id thought id share some updates on my Leon. I bought my Leon about 2 years ago, totally standard, sorted out the usual issues and started to play, had it mapped at Rtech to 250bhp/290lbft with a stock K03s and all the usual stage 2 stuff...
  2. My mk1 2001 Leon cupra WIP (now remapped, 251hp/285lbft)

Toyosport, got it off eBay for £60
  3. My mk1 2001 Leon cupra WIP (now remapped, 251hp/285lbft)

Ha, the washing line is on the piss, an most likely me also:D
  4. seat leon cupra springs

Euro car parts, £45 for a pair of rears
  5. polybush questions

Ive just fitted some PSB bushes to mine, fitted nicewith no issues, ride is firm but not uncomfortable.
  6. My mk1 2001 Leon cupra WIP (now remapped, 251hp/285lbft)

Update time again seeing as ive not been on in a wile. Since last time ive done a few more bits, and had the car remapped. had the car back in at R-Tech for a quick remap as ive changed the TIP and intercooler, ended up with this After mapping I fitted some lowering springs along...
  7. My mk1 2001 Leon cupra WIP (now remapped, 251hp/285lbft)

Been a while since I updated this, but since last time ive fitted some new tfsi coils, a 10 psi actuator, higer flow in tank fuel pump Fuel pump from Badger5, quite easy to fit with minimal fuss Actuator, this was an ass to fit[:@] And coils Doing the last few things means I could go...
  8. Hyprid K04 vs GT2871r , Leon 1.8t

A LSD is possibly the best thing you can do to a high power FWD car, no point having lots of power and torque if you cant put it down and use it, I fitted a quaiffe lsd to one of my old cars, was the best thing I ever did.
  9. Oil catch can

Hose internal bore needed is 19mm, most catch tanks come with a 15mm fitting, you can get 19mm fittings from a plumbing/hose shop that will fit, personally id get a can that plumbs back in to the inlet, mainly as the oil vapours stink if left to vent in the engine bay, or you could just run a...
  10. Race tube?

Decat on a std system sounds quite nice, maybe look at one as it will give you a bit more poke and noise
  11. Induction sound.

Also, the distance between the air filter and throttle body plays a part too, so with a turbo in the way and about 2m of pipework, the induction noise isn't going to be great, cone filter and decat and or exhaust = lots of turbo spooly wooshy goodness
  12. Yellow Oil Warning Light

Yellow oil light is level, red is oil pressure, sounds like the sensor is playing up, or the plug is full of crud, get a new one or clean the wiring plug, but just keep an eye on the level with the dipstick
  13. My mk1 2001 Leon cupra WIP (now remapped, 251hp/285lbft)

Booked in at R-tech in Hinckley
  14. My mk1 2001 Leon cupra WIP (now remapped, 251hp/285lbft)

Ive got round to finishing the exhaust, was well over due, the original box had started to fall apart as one of the tailpipes had fallen off. I diddnt get many pics, just a few of it all made and on the car, ive gone for just a plain 3" tip so is quite subtle, I can change it at a later date...
  15. Seat Leon Brake Fluid

Yes its fine, we use this at work all the time, its in mine too
  16. My FMIC and decat install

V-bands are well worth the extra money if you can, ill be using another for the rear section when I get round to doing it. Mananged to put me foot down tonight, it goes quite well now, pulls alot harder at higher revs, when I got back I had a feel of the charge pipes, the hot side was slightly...
  17. My FMIC and decat install

The stock cat came out quite eaisly, I removed the cat and mid section as one, came out with minimal fuss using a lift, but I have removed a cat before just using axle stands and that was also quite straight forward.
  18. My FMIC and decat install

This is just a copy and paste from my WIP thread, but though I would put in here too, just incase anyone is looking to similar In the future, Today was Decat day, and because it turned up, TIP fitting also, diddnt get many pictures of the build but still got a few Standard vs my decat...
  19. My mk1 2001 Leon cupra WIP (now remapped, 251hp/285lbft)

Thanks man!! Im not sure, tbh I diddnt even know that you could get them, I plan on using the passenger side one as a cold air feed, again, when I get round to doing it, but battery needs moving to the boot before I do that
  20. My mk1 2001 Leon cupra WIP (now remapped, 251hp/285lbft)

fmic install Today was fmic fitting day, diddnt get many pictures but I guess everyone has seen one done before, but this is mine. Ive gone for a 3" tube and fin intercooler with 2.5" stainless pipework Cold side with 42draft map sensor boss hot side with horn junk, when I get time...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.