Search results

1. onvi losin its laquer

Another one bites the dust. My advice is not to touch it yourself and take it to a pro quick sticks! You might be able to save it before you are looking at a full re-spray. Take a look at a post in the top 10 about this or a search will return loads of problems like this will the Yellow &...
  2. How do you remove the standard radio?

4 slots indeed. You need to put the keys in straight then put them outwards (I think) to release them from the clip whilst pulling it towards you. I will need a bit of a wiggle before it comes out. I snapped my girlfriends tweezers and used them, doing the top first then the bottom along...
  3. Complete respray required?- Faded Ovni

2 for one!? I is not Burger King mate. :) I won't be doing it for a few months at least. My cash is required else where.
  4. Spark Plugs - How to

All of those tubes/wires either plug/clip in. If you are care full, remember where they came from and don’t rip it apart (worth taking a photo from you your mobile) it is fairly easy to take off and put back.
  5. no dash lights...Everything else works, turns over- cuts out after 1 sec

There are some fuses on top of the battery. Worth checking but I have no idea what they do to be honest.
  6. My boot wont open??

Take my expert advice that fixed my own boot locking problem, it will be cheaper and lot less effort. Forget you even have a boot for about three or four weeks folding the rear passenger seats down when you need to get to the space in the rear of your car (remember you can’t call it a boot...
  7. Complete respray required?- Faded Ovni

It is an 02 LCR so we are defo in the same boat. It does stink big time. VW/Audi/Scoda all have the same issue when it comes to yellow paint. Next time you see a 5/6 year old yellow A3 stop and have a look because I bet it will have the same issue. How much were you quoted to get it done...
  8. Complete respray required?- Faded Ovni

Hi... did anything come of this? Have you had the work done? I am in the exactly same boat. The bonnet is nearly white spilling over to the wings. The boot cap is a different colour and so is the plastic spoiler. It looks nasty and having lived with it for nearly two years I am now fed up and...
  9. leon cupra help!!!

Still not got it fixed mate? Ignition coil and the cylinder coil are different things. What you have described is exactly what happened to me three times over. You should not be driving it. The AA has fixed mine on the side of the road before in minutes. It is very simple to plug a new one in.
  10. leon cupra help!!!

If you have home start they will and even if you don't ring them up and just say you are on your road in the street (don't mention "home"). Some of them are a little sleepy or don't care. It has worked for me in the past.
  11. leon cupra help!!!

If you have been driving it like that since Tuesday then you could have other problems like the Cat is knackered. I would be surprised if you have been driving it with a failed coil mind. It feels horrid and obviously not worth driving. You can buy them off the AA , £25. If you want to...
  12. leon cupra help!!!

Definatly fuel problems. I am not 100% about low pressure but I belive so.
  13. leon cupra help!!!

The engine warning light will flash when revving or driving on a failed coil. When the engine idles it will clear. Try Andys suggestion however I would put money on it being a Coil. The Coil sits on top of the plug and fires it when told to. What you have described above is exactly what...
  14. leon cupra help!!!

Good point regarding the sparks. I ended up fitting some platinum plugs at about £7 a pop. Worth it in IMO.
  15. leon cupra help!!!

For sure with out hearing it run its hard to call. I have had three sets of Cylinder Coils on my 02 LCR and every time there has been an obvious flashing warning light whilst driving. The best way to describe it is "fluttering revs and loss of power", it is not pleasant! Watto, if this...
  16. leon cupra help!!!

Good point well made Danny.
  17. leon cupra help!!!

I doubt is has anything to do with the fuel. I only use Shells Optimax juice and she loves it. When you go from 95 RON (premium) to 99 RON (Shells Super) the engine can take a few miles to adjust and after a tank it should be fully settled in. If it is not idling properly and struggles to go...
  18. COOL remote windows feature available now!!!

to be honest I wont get a chance to do this for a few weeks so will have a go then post back if I have any dramas. Ta
  19. COOL remote windows feature available now!!!

Cheers for that! I like this feature a lot. Just need to buy a laptop, cable and download the software from somewhere, :). I might hook the PC up in the garage to get this one done. This should work on a 02 LCR right? As a request if you could work out the same methods for un-folding the...
  20. Leon Cupra - Cambelt change interval?

Defiantly needs to be changed at 60K mate. Then every 30K the belt needs to be checked and replaced if necessary. If you change the belt you might as well (and it is recommended) to replace the tensioners*SPELLING and rollers as well. These will cost you an only an extra 30 quid in parts. I...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.