Search results

1. Driver's door swap - easy enough?

Afternoon My driver's door has now almost completely fallen to bits lately and I can pick up a complete driver's door from the scrapper for £60 from the same model and colour car, so seems to be, on paper anyway, the quickest fix. Having never done one before, is it a relatively hassle free...
  2. My Ibiza FR shot with my camera rig

Cheers folks - plan to take the rig up the Lakes with me in a week or 2. In the meantime I decided to experiment with some pillowcases gaffer taped to the floor to give the impression of being on a track :D This is a local shopping centre car park in reality.
  3. favourite pic of your car

Like.
  4. My Ibiza FR shot with my camera rig

Got myself a camera rig that means I can mount and shoot cars in motion with my DSLR, so naturally I have been testing it out on my little FR. x3 outings so far with it: 1. 2. 3. Enjoy.
  5. favourite pic of your car

Just noticed this forum and as I'm a keen photographer it would be rude not to post this here. My favourite - so far. Shot using a camera rig that I use to holds my DSLR to the car whilst it moves. Shes an old 06 FR and the photo perhaps flatters her a little :)
  6. 2006 FR with standard 17" wheels - tyre questions

Rainsports are to be my tyre of choice, they're the most frequently mentioned tyre I can find reference to in here anyway and always a good word.
  7. 2006 FR with standard 17" wheels - tyre questions

I have only had the car a little over 3 weeks and it's come with these tyres, so unfortunately I don't know what, if anything, has been done to allow. It runs smooth enough so on that basis I might stick to 45 profile.
  8. Plastic bag sucked into engine...

Did you do a search on here for any older threads?
  9. 2006 FR with standard 17" wheels - tyre questions

I'm going to need x4 new tyres and have had a look on blackcircles which tell me I need 205/40. I have the standard facelift 17" FR wheels (do they have a name?). I've just noticed however that the tyres that are currently on it are 205/45. There are loads of previous threads on here...
  10. How would I know my exhaust was busted

Start the car up from cold and put a cloth over the end of the exhaust. See if you notice anything audible - it might start to strugle, or not so much if the gases are getting out elsewhere.
  11. Heater/Fans all mouth no trousers in 2006 Ibiza 1.9 TDi FR

Got a Haynes Manual on the way too thanks to a link I found here. The VCDS print outs in the service log is a great idea, I'll be doing that. The service routine guide on here is also a mighty help. I've got nothing documented whatsoever from the previous chap and I feel a bit of a dope for...
  12. Heater/Fans all mouth no trousers in 2006 Ibiza 1.9 TDi FR

:thumbup: I'll get my swimming goggles out (-:
  13. Heater/Fans all mouth no trousers in 2006 Ibiza 1.9 TDi FR

Thank you - the cable has been dispatched, but it's coming from China(!) so I imagine I might be waiting for little while.
  14. Heater/Fans all mouth no trousers in 2006 Ibiza 1.9 TDi FR

Thanks all - I'll try that krussel - in my mind I can't remember hearing anything audible when I flick between settings, so perhaps it a flaps thing. Filters etc. will be changed on Monday and beyond that I've ordered a FTDI FT232RL cable so I can use your excellent guide Badger - thank you! (-...
  15. Heater/Fans all mouth no trousers in 2006 Ibiza 1.9 TDi FR

Thanks, I'll service it I think regardless, the previous owner seems to have done most things himself and it's impossible to tell what was done when. I've also discovered something extra odd as I type this now sat playing on the driveway; the fan motor comes on and is quite quiet as I sit here...
  16. Heater/Fans all mouth no trousers in 2006 Ibiza 1.9 TDi FR

Right, I'm new here and I'm new to the car, having just bought it a week ago; it's a 2006 1.9 TDI FR. I've had a search though this forum (worth looking in he MK3 forum too?) and although I've found several similar threads, there's nothing quite precise enough to give me enough confidence...
  17. Greetings

Thanks, I'm having a rummage now - some similar issues but nothing quite identical but this place is certainly a rich source of useful information!
  18. Greetings

Greetings all, I've just signed up here as I've just bought myself a used 2006 Ibiza FR (diesel) and already have a couple of questions. I'm an active member at several other web forums on different interests so appreciate how helpful being a member of a dedicated community like this can be...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members