Search results

1. DiddlyDonker

How Much Is She Worth Private Sale?

Hi guys, Just a quick question to anyone who would have an idea, but as the title says, how much do you reckon I would be looking at listing my Leon if I were so sell privately? Specs: 56 Leon PD170 87,000 miles Part Service History Next service due - 28/01/2017 MOT due - 28/01/2017, No...
  2. DiddlyDonker

The Heat Shield Under Bonnet Necessary?

Hi guys, I have a really annoying problem that I hope you could help me with. I live on a farm and recently we've been getting a lot of rats that have decided to live in my engine bay! :blink: They're living in-between the heat shield attached to the bonnet (I'm guessing it is a heat shield)...
  3. DiddlyDonker

FR PD170 Stage 2? Your Thoughts

Hi guys, Just realised my local mechanic has a re-mapping business and has offered to take my PD170 straight to a stage 2 220bhp remap for £200 as I've already had the DPF gutted. What is the PD engines like at stage 2? Worth the money or just stick to 170bhp. Would appreciate your...
  4. DiddlyDonker

Aftermarket Stereo Adaptors

Hi guys, Been thinking about changing the stock stereo in my Leon for some time now because I would like to fit a sub, but have always been put off by the additional adaptors etc you have to buy with it as it just confuses me. I've searched the forums and I know I need a Fakra aerial, facia...
  5. DiddlyDonker

Brake Calliper Colour Suggestions

Hi guys, I've decided I finally want to get round to painting my callipers but can't decide what colour!:confused:. The typical colour I see is red which is what I was thinking to begin with but now I'm not sure. I'm going for the black stealth look overall. The callipers aren't that...
  6. DiddlyDonker

MTEC H1 Super White Bulbs Problem

Hi guys, I've just installed my new set of MTEC H7 and H1 bulbs today and have a slight problem I was hoping you might be able to solve for me. The H7s are working and looking great but the H1s not so much. First of all they look very yellow when illuminated unlike the H7 but that's...
  7. DiddlyDonker

LED Sidelight Question

Hi guys, Just bought these from eBay: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-8-SMD-LED-T10-W5W-501-WEDGE-XENON-HID-WHITE-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-/290616312072 And they're pretty good. Nice and cheap and give out a nice white light. My only worry is are they capable of burning the headlight...
  8. DiddlyDonker

Coolant Leak?

Me again guys! And this time it's my coolant. So I noticed my coolant was beginning to drop quite rapidly the other day so I did a little test. I topped it up just above the Max line yesterday before driving an hour home as it was well below minimum: Did my hour trip home and noticed it had...
  9. DiddlyDonker

Aircon Problem, Need a Refil or Something Faulty?

Hi guys, This is a problem I've had for a while now but never really affected me until the temperatures have be scortching lately. When I turn my aircon on everything works fine but then after a minute or so the fans stop blowing air out. I can hear the noise they make when they blow out...
  10. DiddlyDonker

Clicking/Clunk Noise When Turning Left and Right?

Hi guys, Read a few posts on cars with similar symptoms to this but was hoping for a more direct answer if possible. Over the last few days I've noticed a clicking/clunk noise coming from the front of the car when steering both directions. It's a "clunk, clunk, clunk" noise as you turn...
  11. DiddlyDonker

Front Grille Removal - Top Clips Won't Budge!?

Hi guys, I know there are plenty of threads on how to remove the grille (the top one with the S badge) and I know what needs to be done: Lever out the top clips then pull the grill out. But I can't get the top clips out. Anyone have any tips? I've tried levering them out with a flat head...
  12. DiddlyDonker

Sell or Keep? Genuine SEAT Alloys

Just a quick 'what would you do?' Question. So I've purchased aftermarket, secondhand alloys for my Leon and I now have the old genuine FR alloys sat around. Do I sell them or keep them? The reason I'm asking is, when I eventually sell the car a couple years down the line, would it be...
  13. DiddlyDonker

Dodgy Electronics?

Hi guys, yes, it's me again. As some of you may have noticed I've posted a few threads this past week about some problems I'm having with my car and yes I'm back with yet another strange issue. Sorry to flood the site with these posts but I just don't know where else to turn. The car really...
  14. DiddlyDonker

Best Place For Replacement Parts?

So earlier today I found out my rear driver side coil spring has snapped, now I need a new one. Where do you guys recommend buying from? I'm fitting it myself and steering clear of the stealers. I've seen these on Eurocarparts...
  15. DiddlyDonker

2nd Hand Alloy Wheel Fitment

Hi guys, Sorry for badgering you guys with questions lately but I've recently found some second hand alloys for fairly cheap and I wanted to make sure they fit. I've searched the forum and online and I know the fitment for the MK2 Leon is 8jx18 ET40, PCD 5x112, Thread size M14x1.5, centre...
  16. DiddlyDonker

FL Climte Control Unit Badly Illuminated

Recently fitted the FL climate control unit in my Pre FL Leon but I've noticed during the day I can hardly see what temperature its on as the illuminated temperature numbers are almost impossible to see. I have the illumination level set to the highest for everything but still find it hard to...
  17. DiddlyDonker

A standard hourly rate from SEAT?

I have a few annoying minor problems with my car that the garage I bought my car from couldn't identify and fix in my warranty period. So I am now looking at taking the car to my local SEAT dealership, the only problem is, they want £106 an hour to do any searching for the problems! Is that the...
  18. DiddlyDonker

Plasti Dip On Interior Parts?

Anyone used Plasti Dip to change the colour of their dash (plastic around CD player/climate control unit)? Just bought a FL climate control unit which has some damage on the plastic so I'm after painting the dash black. Thanks.
  19. DiddlyDonker

18" Mk1 Cupra Alloys Fit Mk2?

Hi guys, Will the 18" Mk 1 5x100 Cupra Alloys fit my PD170? Seen a set for £100 in need of a refurbish and no tyres. Thought it looks like a very good deal. Thanks.
  20. DiddlyDonker

Annoying Squeaking Noise From Driver Side Wheel?

Hi guys, Was really hoping someone could help with this, it's doing my head in! So I recently had to drive to Manchester airport from North Wales down the dual carriageway. On the way back I noticed the traffic had suddenly stopped and I ended up having to slam the breaks on! After this I...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.