Search results

1. RDD

1.0 TSi FR DSG - Any Thoughts?

Spot on, thanks for the insight! Yeah it makes you wonder if they want to sell cars sometimes doesn't it :rolleyes: I'm just a bit concerned about the stress on that small engine and turbo pushing out that amount of power all the time, highly strung comes to mind....but I've not heard anything...
  2. RDD

1.0 TSi FR DSG - Any Thoughts?

I'm considering a brand new 1.0 TSi 7 speed DSG FR in the coming months but I was just wondering if anyone had driven one and what the experience was like? I don't need monster speed, in fact I trundle around most of the time, but a bit of urgency for junctions and roundabouts as well as torque...
  3. RDD

1.4 copa panel filter

Yeah know what you mean, if you look at the air box that should give you a clue, mine's flat and rectangular, a few clips should reveal it to you if you fancied a look.
  4. RDD

1.4 copa panel filter

This is what you need http://www.knfilters.co.uk/search/product.aspx?prod=33-2920
  5. RDD

Sparco wheels - Ibiza, what ya think?!

Only seeing one link to the Sparco here, am I missing something? I do think the Sparco looks pretty aggressive though if that's the look you're going for.
  6. RDD

1.2TSI Blow off valve

Probably very true, but I'd still get one for the sound alone, in fact that'd be my main motivation :rofl:
  7. RDD

1.2TSI Blow off valve

From wiki; "Its purpose is to prevent compressor surge, and reduce wear on the turbocharger and engine. Blowoff valves relieve the damaging effects of compressor "surge loading" by allowing the compressed air to vent to the atmosphere, making a distinct hissing sound, or recirculate into the...
  8. RDD

1.2TSI Blow off valve

Well firstly I think the "tssss" sound you get from a dump valve in-between gears is probably the coolest sound in existence, so yes it is worth it just for that in my opinion ;) Secondly from a mechanical perspective they help the turbo veins to keep spinning between gears, in theory making...
  9. RDD

New 2015 Ibiza

Never a truer word said.
  10. RDD

Thinking of buying

Nothing much to check for on the 1.4 normally aspirated engined Ibiza, it's pretty bullet proof, just check the stuff which Big Col's already mentioned.
  11. RDD

Missing rear speakers?

Just checked for you and my 2011 Copa five door on an 11 plate has speakers in the back doors, thought it did.
  12. RDD

Missing rear speakers?

Interesting, I've got a five door 2011 Copa so I'll have a listen tonight, 99% sure it has though.
  13. RDD

New 2015 Ibiza

The "climatronic" climate control is great, just set the temperature you want and let the car do the rest.
  14. RDD

New 2015 Ibiza

Well you're definitely in the right place :D I'd ignore reviews of Seat as a brand from 7 years ago, really forums like that are the place to see what's happening now. My 2011 Ibiza is rock solid and to be honest I can't tell it apart build or materials wise from any other VAG offering...
  15. RDD

Cool Tax disc replacement badge

Great idea and dead simple to apply, get it in the shop!
  16. RDD

Sportcoupe bhp

They won't really, limits of the engine unfortunately. The remap will make it more "drivable" and responsive, probably where the wise money would go.
  17. RDD

Sportcoupe bhp

Exhaust, filter, remap - the big three really.
  18. RDD

2011 Ibiza Salvage Project

Those would look good black, pain in the arse to clean in-between the smaller parts of the spokes though!
  19. RDD

Lookers Seat Stockport

Nothing worse than that, I went looking at a car here a while back and managed to go unnoticed as they were pestering other people, but they did come across as proper "wide boy" sales staff, nothing professional about them (unlike Toyota over the road, chalk and cheese) just ill fitting suits...
  20. RDD

Should I have brought a boc

The Cupra's smart and the same colour as my Copa I think, always shines up nice. As others have suggested you could always add colour, how abut some bright orange wheels like the new Cupra's that have been tested here recently...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.