Search results

1. Matt280

6-speed DSG sounds/noises?

Mine does and has always done this. Now three years old and 29k miles so nothing to worry about. I actually quite like it, reminds me of a down shift of a proper sequential racing gearbox.
  2. Matt280

Falken Tyres - opinions

Fair enough. Still feel it's horses for courses as the 350z crowd raved about them. I seem to remember there was an issue with the size for the fronts on the 350z which was a bit odd and Michelin didn't make a tyre that fitted exactly. As such you were restricted to the bridgestones which were...
  3. Matt280

Falken Tyres - opinions

Thanks for your worthwhile comment. Of course you can show proof that you have tested a set of FK452's and an 'expensive' tyre back to back on a 350z and have factual, not subjective, evidence that the expensive tyre significantly outperforms the Falken? In this application, I was a true...
  4. Matt280

Falken Tyres - opinions

I have to agree with this. I had FK452's fitted to my 350z and they were great. Better than the Bridgestones which came on the car, especially in the wet. On a 300bhp rear wheel drive car with an LSD you can't drive around on crap tyres as you will find a ditch very quickly! Can't comment on any...
  5. Matt280

Michelin Pilot Super Sport feedback

Completely echo the comments here. PSS's have transformed my Cupra to the extent where I now drive it so much harder as I simply have confidence in it. Yes, in the slush the other week they were - ahem - exciting, but still wouldn't swap them! I'm on 10k miles on the fronts and I still think...
  6. Matt280

Autocar - Cupra 300 4wd HATCH?

Completely agree. Apart from the really bad weather days, but then I take the wife's 4x4 anyway!!
  7. Matt280

Best tyres

Different driving styles I guess but I've had the opposite with mine. Got 15k miles out of the original Bridgestones and whilst I think I'll get near that with the PSS's I don't expect to exceed it. I do drive the car soooo much harder with the PSS on however, even in the wet, such is the...
  8. Matt280

Damper Control Fault

Never seen this I'm afraid. 2014 Cupra with 23k miles.
  9. Matt280

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Loving the fact that its unanimous that the OEM Bridgestones were absolute pants though!!! MPSS have been amazing for me, but pretty sure any of the premium brands will be purely a personal choice. It's important to remember that everyone drives their car differently. I love the bite and turn...
  10. Matt280

New MK3 Owner

Nice! Welcome. I'm in Ampthill so I'll keep an eye out for you too!!
  11. Matt280

Golf R vs Cupra 280 - Back-to-back

Really great write up and completely echoes my view of the two cars following a test drive in both. I make the same comments about most 4wd powerful cars. Cost was also a huge factor when I bought my Cupra.
  12. Matt280

What tyres factory fitted on 290 st black

The 290 black ST in my local dealer showroom has Pirelli Pzero's on it.
  13. Matt280

2014 Cupra Turbo problems

21k miles in mine and all fine. Mines an oct 14 64 plate so may be post the problems. It gets driven in an, ahem, spirited manner too but I always warm it up and let it cool down and keep an eye on the oil level (it has used virtually none, but keep an eye nonetheless). Can't help but think...
  14. Matt280

Driving Modes MPG

Well I was chuffed to bits yesterday. Usually average 30-31mpg (I never drive like I'm trying to achieve a good mileage number, just enjoy myself) but in a 300 mile round trip to Manchester, mainly on motorways I achieved 39 mpg! On comfort all the way and making 'good' progress (I don't do...
  15. Matt280

Anyone gone from Cupra stage 1 mk2 to a stock mk3 cupra

Valid comments mate, hope you enjoy! I went the other way and bought the Cupra over the Golf GTI. I agree on the GTI being a pretty rare beast, always enjoy trying to pick one out from the swarms of Golf R's and GTD's.
  16. Matt280

Is this normal on my Cupra

Mine looks exactly the same too. Had a good poke around underneath and couldn't find anything untoward. I don't like it but decided it was fine.
  17. Matt280

Performance Tyres

The PS4 is not a replacement for the Pilot Super Sports. They are still sold. The PS4 is a replacement for the PS3. If you look at Michelins website they still recommend the PSS for the Leon Cupra. I know I will be replacing the PSS on mine for another set of the same. They have been immense!!
  18. Matt280

CUPRA 300 coming next year

Sorry! My bad! I read it as near to a new price, not nearly new :doh: Was skim reading on my phone :ban:
  19. Matt280

CUPRA 300 coming next year

Wouldn't mind knowing where you are getting an xdrive 335d touring from for c£35k from? If we are talking about list prices? In reality, hands up who paid list price for their car?
  20. Matt280

Cupra 280/290 Running in?

Personally (not sure what the book says) I would run it in gently (sub 4K) for 300 miles but avoid constant speed/revs runs and stressing the car at low revs. Then progressively start using more and more revs as you get closer to 1000 miles. Once over 1k just go for it. The key point, not just...