Search results

1. Diamond cut alloy repairs or full refurb?

£786 incl. the VAT for a new wheel. No doubt cheaper for trade. Plus VAT and tax deductible. Could also sell the old wheel for a couple of hundred. https://seatdirectparts.co.uk/parts/leon-cupra/cupra-2013-2019/accessories-cupra-2013-2019/seat-leon-cupra-2017-2020-19-black-alloy-wheel/
  2. Temperamental Android Auto

I had a similar problem with my phone disconnecting if it got jogged, bumpy road etc. Turned out to be my phone's flexible case that was a little tight around the USB socket, preventing the cable from pushing in fully and breaking contact if disturbed slightly. Just trimmed the case with a...
  3. Diamond cut alloy repairs or full refurb?

I had a full refurb on my wheel (same as yours) although mine was curbed. It matched the factory finish just fine but where it was lathed to cut back the damage it's lost the slight radius on the edge of the rim - now has a sharp corner. But if yours hasn't gone deeper than the lacquer that may...
  4. Fuel.grade?

I am half way through testing for any difference over multiple tanks (brim to brim, not using car's fuel computer) of each in my 2019 Cupra. Also testing with Dragy for any difference in 30 to 70 times. By no means scientific, but will be interesting to see if any difference.
  5. Bronze wheels

I like that Cupra badge on the grille instead of the Seat one.
  6. Digi-speedo stopped displaying on digi-cockpit

Thanks Serdar, that helped me figure it out. I had assumed the car symbol along the left/right button menu was for the 'driving data' info, where the speedo would be located. Where as of course it's under the same menu as the fuel computer. I've only had the car a short time, still learning...
  7. Digi-speedo stopped displaying on digi-cockpit

Where the digi-speedo would normally be displayed under the 'driving data' section (between the speedo & tacho) of the digi-cockpit, it now just says 'no entries' with a green tick. This is despite the fact that the option is still selected in the settings. I've tried resetting the instrument...
  8. Bought a Cupra to go with the 190tsi, is this vibration a characteristic?

It turns out, according to an MOT advisory that the front inside wheel was 'slightly distorted '. Hopefully that was the cause of the vibration. Will find out tomorrow when I get it back from the wheel refurbishers. Because the heating process to straighten the buckle (which is on the outside...
  9. Can't stop Waze shouting at me when connected to Android Auto

Maybe adjusting the voice control volume in settings would work also.
  10. Can't stop Waze shouting at me when connected to Android Auto

OP here, no I didn't solve the problem with Wase, i just use Google maps instead which is fine. But I will give this a try though, as Wase has features G maps doesn't. It was occurring in Mrs Mustard's FR, so no digital dash but should still work in the same way. Plus I've now got myself a...
  11. Bought a Cupra to go with the 190tsi, is this vibration a characteristic?

Great info, thanks all. Will get in checked and report back.
  12. Bought a Cupra to go with the 190tsi, is this vibration a characteristic?

Been on the forum for 8 years because Mrs Mustard had an FR 1.8tsi and currently an FR 2.0tsi. It was time for my 340i touring to go, and because I've always thought the FRs felt so much more light & agile than the beemer I thought I'd replace it with a 2019 Cupra hatch. The car is pretty...
  13. Nice enough car, very sloppy presentation......

I've never understood this policy that most second hand car dealers have (in my experience) of leaving all the faults on the car for sale, and only agreeing to fix them once the customer has put down a deposit. My son recently, ready to drop a large sum of money on a used Lotus was told he would...
  14. Bye bye old Leon, hello new Leon

Can we call it a 'shooting brake'? Not pretentious at all.
  15. Bye bye old Leon, hello new Leon

Nice upgrade from the pre-facelift in terms of equipment & interior. The extra boot space is going to be very useful.
  16. Leon X-Perience 2.0 TSI? or "FR X-perience"?

The FR does have quite firm suspension, which feels sporty when you're in the mood but most of the time I wish it had softer springs for a more comfortable ride. I think the FR Sport with DCC would be better, however I haven't driven one so not sure how the comfort setting feels. The 2.0 will...
  17. FR Vs Cupra

I've owned a mk5 GTi, FR1.8 tsi and FR2.0tsi. Not the ST though. The 1.8 feels and sounds (although via a soundaktor) more like the GTi than the 2.0tsi does. It revs more freely higher up the rev range, whereas the 2.0tsi feels (and sounds) 'diesel-esk', with a lot more torque low & mid range...
  18. 2.0TSi (190) - Lumpy Running and Poor MPG

The fan on mine does stay on after turning the car on any time it's been driven enthusiastically or on a hot day. But never experienced the other symptoms you describe in over 12k miles. Does sound like a GPF issue, hopefully the dealer will sort it.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.