Search results

1. clunk when braking / pulling off

Check the turret the mount bolts on to, I can see this being a likely problem for ibiza owners with alike symptoms, especially if running tuned, I honestly can't believe all they do is spot weld the turret on.. Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
  2. clunk when braking / pulling off

All stripped out and cleaned, it'd sheared off two earth leads that were attached to the turret, sheared a mounting bracket for the fuel filter housing and had been nibbling it's way through the AC pipe underneath. Making progress.. Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
  3. clunk when braking / pulling off

You can see here the base plate of the mount has sheared the spot welds on the chassis, there is a line you can see on the image where the plate should sit Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
  4. clunk when braking / pulling off

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
  5. clunk when braking / pulling off

Update - This knocking is definitely the engine mount on drivers side, I'll get some pics tomorrow Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
  6. clunk when braking / pulling off

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
  7. clunk when braking / pulling off

To me it sounds like it's coming from under my feet whilst driving?, my whole front end set up is pretty much brand new, pedal box? Engine mounts? Waiting on the drivers side mount so I'll report back when that's on. We will beat this
  8. clunk when braking / pulling off

Exact same issue here with the clunking, at first i thought it was console bushes which were spud bashed when I had the car, so far I've changed them for solid up-rated bushes, coilovers all round, new track rod ends and drop links, front top mounts, dog bone fitted with new powerflex bush, new...
  9. Another rattly Ibiza dash

Rattly dash here, I can live with it but it's fairly annoying at times, made worse by my friend throwing his go outdoors card on the dash which slid down the back, never to be seen again haha
  10. Whistle on high boost - normal?

this is now solved, my exhaust came real loose last week which amplified the whistling - not just on boost but all the time, so I chopped the centre box out and welded a pipe in, the whistle has gone so I assume the exhaust was the culprit
  11. Whistle on high boost - normal?

Agreed, its not too bad but something to improve later down the line. Its not too great hanging below the car where it is, I don't fancy catching that going down the road
  12. Whistle on high boost - normal?

they're awful haha, I've overhauled all the pipework other than that one just haven't got round to it, I fit the egr delete not long after it blew the clip fit 90 degree out the back of the egr, terrible design, so no leaks just that one pipe. I'm in the same boat as you haha, I'm converting to...
  13. Whistle on high boost - normal?

It must be a leak, after a good look there's lots of oil residue on the boost pipe going up to the turbo, its dribbling everywhere, new pipe and clips time. it's decatted with induction kit. Imo the fmic on the car needs changing, the seat sport cooler ticks all my boxes, I don't like the idea...
  14. Alarm has a mind of its own

Thanks badger, investigation time
  15. Whistle on high boost - normal?

No loss of power, no other nasty noises, is this normal?:whistle:
  16. Alarm has a mind of its own

Ok that just stays lit whatever the weather, yes alarm went off a few seconds after locking..
  17. Alarm has a mind of its own

Thanks for the replies - I was wrong Turbod the button down there stays illuminated after pressing, pressed it quite a few times but stays on. Badger I've done what you said, the interior lights stays on when all doors are closed in the central position which it didn't do before, light goes...
  18. Alarm has a mind of its own

Here's the story, I picked up some new wheels saturday afternoon and put them in the boot to get them home, when I got home after unloading them and getting my belongings out the car, I locked the car and whilst walking round the front of it I kicked a few empty milk bottles off the door...
  19. Squeak squeak squeak :(

Krussel - squeeks and clonks are familiar here, it's the lower arm bushes on mine which have seen their day, on 130k with an aggressive map it doesn't surprise me - I have new one piece ones to stick in when I get chance so i'm hoping they make for a surer drive. Do you find it clonks when you...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.