Search results

1. ajf3011

How to spot a clocked car?

Rear tyres I usually get at least 30k out of, but driving style, road conditions, brand etc can all have a big effect on that figure. My drivers seat bolster also has the wear you describe as well as the steering wheel starting to look a bit worn smooth, mine has over 100k on the clock...
  2. ajf3011

VW massaging emission figures

This sounds to me like the car's attempting a DPF regeneration. Take it for a 30 min motorway run to allow the regen to take place and that should get rid of those symptoms.
  3. ajf3011

New owner and a list of questions. Help needed

Most likely stagnant water in the washer reservoir bottle. Siphon out what's in there and refill with a decent quality screenwash. I use the Quantum Premium mixed with distilled water rather than tap water, buy it from TPS and from memory it's about a fiver for a 5 litre bottle. I have heard...
  4. ajf3011

New Owner

5. ajf3011

Exeo owner new to the forum

Scuttle panel: 8E2 819 447 01 C Battery Cover: 8E2 819 422 AO 1C Screenwash bottle cover: 8E0 103 927 F Rubber gasket: 8E0 823 731 B ECU cover: 8E2 907 613 D (needs a bit of modifying to fit, see my earlier post above in this thread) Hope this helps.
  6. ajf3011

Battery cover

£30 is reasonable, seen a few eBay sellers asking daft money for them. Just checked my paperwork and the prices at the time from Slough Audi were £14.88 + vat for the scuttle cover and £6.16 + vat for the battery cover
  7. ajf3011

Those factory gadgets you never knew were there

Yep, had that on my old Passat......which I discovered 5 years after buying it :rolleyes:
  8. ajf3011

Battery cover

Best price for these tends to be buying them from Audi or through TPS. Been about 18 months since I bought mine so prices may have increased, but at the time scuttle panel and battery cover were roughly £25 including VAT.
  9. ajf3011

do I need a new water pump with my cam belt? Update

Providing approved parts are used you'll still have the same time/mileage warranty even if not fitted by a main dealer. From memory the independent I use charged around £350 for belt and pump change. Main reason it's worth changing the pump at the same time as the belt is there's no extra...
  10. ajf3011

underbody cover damaged - easy to replace?

There's a seller on ebay called nerobart who does engine & gearbox undertrays plus fixing kit for around £45/50. I've used him a couple of times for my previous Passat and current Exeo, his A4 B7 trays fit the Exeo fine and don't rattle. Quality of them is good enough, one on my Passat was on...
  11. ajf3011

Alhambra adblue warning

Just for info Adblue is available at pretty much all motorway services and the majority of larger petrol stations, either in drums or via a pump (usually by the HGV diesel pumps). Prices are usually £10-15 for a 10 litre drum or around 80p per litre via the pump. Air1 are the official makers...
  12. ajf3011

Replacing broken sun visor clip

The plastic casing pries off with a trim removal tool or screwdriver, the hook piece is fixed into two holes in the roof with plastic lugs and should just require a tug to come free.
  13. ajf3011

New Exeo owner with a few questions

Welcome to the forum. Haven't found the fuel consumption on the Exeo much different from my previous Passat. With a 60 Litre tank I used to get 500-550 miles between fill ups in the Passat, my 143 Exeo with a 70 litre tank is giving me 600-650. I did notice the computer MPG display used to...
  14. ajf3011

LED replacements

Haven't any pics but there's nothing complicated to it, there's instructions in the handbook for how to change interior bulbs. The only thing to be careful of is the vanity lights behind the sun visor, do not prise the lens off the light as it won't go back on again! Remove the complete light...
  15. ajf3011

LED replacements

Got mine from Horizon LED, they do a pack for the Exeo with the footwell/puddle lights if required for about £40. Fitted them last year and all still working fine.
  16. ajf3011

Servicing expensive!

So would I but my faith in main dealer services is pretty much zero. Maybe I'm just an old cynic :D
  17. ajf3011

Servicing expensive!

Would like to know what the DPF chemical clean involved. With my cynical hat on I'd guess they tipped a £15 bottle of Forte DPF cleaner into your fuel tank.
  18. ajf3011

Exeo Mod Ideas - Photoshop

Black Edition is the Audi model name. Looks great in your pic [B)], wouldn't be too difficult to do apart from the roof rails which are a bit of a pain to remove.
  19. ajf3011

Honeymoon Period Over

6 weeks to get a fuel pump in stock :confused: Glad you put a complaint in because someone's extracting the urine. Although the Exeo is a pretty rare car, the tdi engine is probably the most common across the VAG range so no way should you be waiting that long for any parts.
  20. ajf3011

Another miles per gallon thread...

The advice I had was it's a good product but sees best results on older engines, engines that have done a lot of stop/start work or maybe not been serviced as well as they should. Because I do mostly motorway driving, have the oil changed twice a year and tend to use Shell v-nitro diesel my...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members