Search results

1. danthemanwhocan

My 2002 C5 Corvette Z06

Appreciate this isn't a SEAT post but thought I would share anyway as it's something a bit different... I love American cars. Ever since I was small and played Need For Speed Special Edition on my old Pentium 90 PC, my favourite two cars were the Dodge Viper RT/10 and the Corvette C4 ZR1...
  2. danthemanwhocan

H&R Cup Kit for my Cupra

Ride is fine with 5 people in the car and that's on 19's with spacers. Multi story car parks are also ok unless you are in one if those ones with horrendously sloped ramps in which case you would scrape the front...
  3. danthemanwhocan

Painting Cupra Calipers

I was thinking of using this spray stuff: http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/caliperpaint/ Then using high temp lacquer on top. It appears to have had good reviews. It require baking at 93°c for 20 mins to cure. Hopefully that wouldn't cause probs with the red paint underneath...
  4. danthemanwhocan

Painting Cupra Calipers

Yeah that sounds like a good idea thinking about it. Nice one :)
  5. danthemanwhocan

Painting Cupra Calipers

I'm going get the Cupra brake setup fitted to my car but want to paint the calipers black. Now, I know they come delivered as red. Question is, are they painted or powder coated from the factory? If it's paint, then thats fine as I can bung them in a bowl of Nitromors to strip them first...
  6. danthemanwhocan

where to get smoked side repeaters?

These fit if you just enlarge the hole slightly with a dremel... http://www.autoartltd.co.uk/productdetail.php?route=make&type=lighting&make_id=7&model_id=257&category_id=4&product_id=FO-FST6-3100&search=&currentpage= I have them on my car. They're well made and don't fog up, which is rare...
  7. danthemanwhocan

Smoked side repeaters?

thanks :) My custom black Schmidt VN lines were shipped today so it'll look even nicer with those on! I literally cannot wait... And yes, it's all in the name :lol: You can probably find them cheaper on eBay, as that link is direct from the manufacturer.
  8. danthemanwhocan

Smoked side repeaters?

balls to all that. I have these fitted, and they fit fine, no leaks or fogging and they look great. They're designed for a mk6 fiesta. All you have to do is widen the hole to allow the bulb holder to screw in. It's a 5 minute job with a sharp knife, or even less with a Dremmel. Needs about...
  9. danthemanwhocan

Alloy Choice?

If it's uncommon, deep dish and black/stainless steel you're after, then Schmidt wheels fit the bill... http://www.german-wheels.com/produkte/database/?sd=true&page=black A couple of them:
  10. danthemanwhocan

uneven warped edge to btcc side skirts

I think it's just shonky build. I wonder if I could raise it with the dealer and get it sorted under warranty :think:
  11. danthemanwhocan

Nah I've not hit anything. The plastic isn't particularly rigid under there, so I expect it's a fixing issue. Whether a couple have broke or as said, aren't pressed in properly, I will have to get it up on some ramps before I can find out. Seems a bit ropey though, and it's annoying as...
  12. danthemanwhocan

H&R Cup Kit for my Cupra

Cheers. It's going to look even cooler once my mega black and radinox 3 piece 19 inch Schmidts arrive :) Why not get the kit and also upgrade the ARB too, that will enhance the handling even further. Indicators are actually mk6 fiesta ones...
  13. danthemanwhocan

Here is a couple of pictures: I need to get it on some ramps really to check those fixtures properly. Bit gash if they've failed on a car this new...
  14. danthemanwhocan

H&R Cup Kit for my Cupra

The only spec cup kit H&R make for the Leon is the 'comfort' cup kit (as opposed to the 'sport' cup kit it makes for other cars), which means the ride is more OEM and less hard than other kits. Don't get me wrong, it's firmer but not really stiff. Therefore the handling is certainly better...
  15. danthemanwhocan

H&R Cup Kit for my Cupra

Ive had a h&r cup kit fitted as of two days ago and it's nearly identical to the standard setup as far as ride quality (I've got a facelift FR with the improved dampening). Handling is better and drop is 30mm (already 10mm) lower from factory. Very pleased with it. I can post a pic if you like...
  16. danthemanwhocan

I've noticed on my car that the factory fitted skirts have rather uneven, 'wonky' lines to them when viewed from certain angles. It's as if they're slight warped. Under closer inspection I find I can press certain parts of the underside of the skirt and with little force can make it move...
  17. danthemanwhocan

Just ordered a set of 19x8 3 piece Schmidt VN Lines in black

Et 48 is what I'm going for. That gives a 2.5inch dish as per spec on Schmidt's website. Car is on h&r cup kit so 30mm lower. Shouldn't rub at all. Could of probably got a 9 inch rim to fit but only wih stretch and camber which I'm not going to do.
  18. danthemanwhocan

Cheers guys. jc_bog, they were somewhat expensive. £625 per wheel minus the tyres... If I look after them however they should hold a fair bit of value. Just need to get handy with a toothbrush to keep all those bolts in good shape!!
  19. danthemanwhocan

...3 weeks to make and deliver from Germany and I can't wait!! Radinox lips, titanium bolts, also with Vredsstein Ultra Sessanta tyres... Going on my 2010 white Leon FR Tdi with Aero kit. That is all. Pics to follow :D
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members