Search results

1. Reject New Ateca?

Its not likely to be an SD card issue that is causing the nav not to operate properly. If you try two and it doesn't work any have decent Engineer would jump to the logical conclusion that its a hardware fault. It does seem to be the case that the doors take more force to close than some of us...
  2. New Virtual cockpit

Yeah I will have a look and let you know. I should have the car back by the weekend with a bit of luck.
  3. New Virtual cockpit

Thanks Tell. Its still at the dealership at the moment. Seat think the Mechatronic unit failed on the gearbox in such spectacular fashion that it made the rest of the cars systems go into warning meltdown, lol. The VC was still working beautifully, displaying warning after warning about every...
  4. New Virtual cockpit

At last I have my car, collected from the dealership this morning. Even though I only have the standard Sat Nav and cannot display the map on both screens at once the VC is still a really nice feature and looks stunning. Pictures and videos really don't do it justice in my opinion.
  5. What colour?

Its not just youngsters that like ACC, I am 52 and I like it. Used appropriately ACC and Traffic Jam Assist are very good features and help ease people into learning to use and trust autonomous functions too. People that wont use them that buy new cars are going to find the going pretty tough...
  6. Update car stereo

I don't think its illegal to use apps that bypass the restrictions that android and car makers apply. Its just illegal to use some apps when driving so they are disabled automatically for safety by the manufacturers of the cars and phones. Even google maps was disabled at one point which was a...
  7. Condensation in light cluster

Its strange how some dealerships refuse to honour the warranty whilst other do. I have had two nearside outer rear light clusters and one offside outer rear cluster. Both sides were replaced within the last few weeks for the second time in the case of the nearside unit under warranty on my 15 plate.
  8. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Water ingress. Apparently it is caused by slight flexing in the bodywork cracking the clusters where they mount on the vehicle and this allows the water to get in, so the chap at the dealership told me anyway.
  9. Pothole damage!!

True but in which case that means a lot more revenue from road tax and fuel tax is going into the governments purse
  10. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Took mine to the dealership today for yet another replacement nearside outside rear light cluster and the first replacement outside offside rear cluster too. Its about time VW sorted out this problem with these Leon light assemblies.
  11. New Virtual cockpit

Well if its just on the one screen so be it. I don't need a map on two screens and if I need somebody to direct me that's what the turn by turn spoken commands are for. I certainly would not pay for the nav plus system just so I can have a map on each screen. But the jury is still out. If...
  12. New Virtual cockpit

This page appears to be showing the standard sat nav screens on both the cockpit and infotainment screen at the same time in the Ateca. https://autorai.nl/seat-virtual-cockpit/
  13. Order Lead Times

Personally I would air on the side of caution and allow for the possibility of longer lead times in some cases. I still don't have a build date for an Ateca order I placed 9 weeks ago!
  14. Order Lead Times

10-12 weeks for an Ateca? I would take that with a pinch of salt. My local dealer says 20-24 weeks!
  15. Condensation in rear brake light.

I had my nearside rear light cluster replaced under warranty a year or so ago but the new one now had condensation inside it. They are just not sealed well enough to prevent moisture getting in so I have just decided to accept it as a flaw.
  16. SEAT Ateca Owner's Register

I am sure I will. Its just a pity we don't get more choice over the fabrics in the high trim model. I would rather not have had leather given the choice but it was more expensive having the lower trim models and adding the high trim features as options.
  17. SEAT Ateca Owner's Register

I have ordered the Xcellence in Nevada White. Extras include Seat Sound, Digital Cockpit, PK2 Park Assist, the Double Floor and the Advanced Comfort and Driving Pack Plus2. Its due early May.
  18. New Virtual cockpit

I would think Nav plus is available on the T-Roc though and yet they cannot have a map on each screen according to all the reviews I have seen! This is why I am not convinced 2 screen is limited to the Nav Plus only on the Ateca, I think its a software configuration issue, a choice if you will...
  19. New Virtual cockpit

In the autogefuehl Leon/Ateca video Thomas specifically mentions (23:54 time stamp) that the map cannot be displayed on both the centre and dashboard screens at the same time on some VW models such as the Polo and the T-Roc so I don't think we can draw conclusions from a video on a VW T-Roc and...
  20. Condensation in rear brake light.

No offence but you really should not need to drill a small holes in the rear light cluster to solve condensation! The fault is usually a problem with the seal and may be visible if the OP looks closely at the problem cluster. My Leon had this issue and it was replaced under warranty as its a...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.