Search results

1. Insurance Time again, Whats your best quote on modded mk1 Leon?

im 31 and pay 450 a year for my 53 plate LCR with the wheels declared as a mod,got 3 years no claims (late starter) but as im in the forces the insurance does go up a bit even if during the day its parked in a car park where to get in you have to go past men with guns!wifes insured on it as well...
  2. decent prices for bonnet and wing respray?

look forward to seeing that bet the leon looks nice in white
  3. decent prices for bonnet and wing respray?

****ing hell thats good!would love to get it all sprayed but have a ten month old and a wife that isnt working puts that on hold
  4. decent prices for bonnet and wing respray?

yeh ill make sure its a good mathc luckily the cupra r is a nice flat black that should be easy to match and blend in.
  5. decent prices for bonnet and wing respray?

plymouths just a touch far away really as im in falmouth, the guy who was cheapest actually said he would machine polish it for me as well as he is just setting up his business (hes been doing it for years just hes branched out on his own now) just need to save up now.hate owning black cars...
  6. decent prices for bonnet and wing respray?

been quoted between 400-700 for this job as the bonnet on my car has been stonechipped to hell and back.sound about right as i have never had to have anything resprayed before,also if anyone knows any places in cornwall/devon that are good for resprays please let me know :) 53 plate black LCR
  7. LCR In The Scrapies

wish i could find one in black with a decent bonnet mines got too many stone chips and needs a full respray :(
  8. anyone changed a reverse light switch?

yeh its on the top of the box near the selector levers just wondered if anyone has changed one before and if theres anything i should be aware of.
  9. anyone changed a reverse light switch?

i think mine has gone as i have two brand new working bulbs in the reverse lights and nothing illuminates.so im gonna swap out the switch next is it pretty simple? 53 plate LCR
  10. someone scratched my car :(

my insurance covers vandalism and doesnt affect my ncb thank god.
  11. someone scratched my car :(

No im fairly new to the area so dont really know that many people and it was in a tiny little car park like 15 spaces well out of the way its not even a through road to anywhere the only reason someone would go down that road is to use the car park
  12. someone scratched my car :(

Parked in a car park today and when i got back with the little one there was a scratch all the way from the drivers door to the 3/4 panel.i have had a look online and all cctv cameras were taken out of car parks where i live about 3 years ago so no luck there.would this be classed as vandalism...
  13. New temp sensor but same problem

i just couldnt be arsed to do that so ploughted on through
  14. New temp sensor but same problem

ok basically i drained the radiator (plug at the bottom of the rad) took of the plastic trim piece around the dipstick (black dimply one) now i didnt have a set of metal clip pliers so i used a set of normal pliers which was a pain in the tits , if you can get the pliers for those clips its so...
  15. New temp sensor but same problem

nope i got both bits from eurocarparts 8 quid for a thermostat and a tenner for the sensor.seems to work alright at the moment
  16. whats that bit called

thats the badger!and for 30 quid they can keep the thing!
  17. New temp sensor but same problem

replaced the thermostat today and it all works perfectly now :)
  18. whats that bit called

the black plastic bit around the dipstick thats got two screws in it?broke mine today fitting a new thermostat.i have searched for lower engine cover to no avail.
  19. New temp sensor but same problem

Roger that ill pick one up at the weekend and throw that in see if it sorts it
  20. New temp sensor but same problem

Got a new green temperature sensor and fitted it but i am still not getting a temperature reading until im static in traffic for a minute or two , however sometimes when i go back to the car and its still warm i will get a reading however this quickly drops off when i start moving.throws up a...