Search results

1. SEAT is launching a 1.5 TSI 7-speed DSG Ibiza

Yes, it does seem a shame there's no manual - there might be more interest. I was hoping to be able to consider a manual 1.5 or 2.0 Ibiza, Polo or A1 when I change the 140 Fiesta I have at present, but looks like there's no chance now. Ford seem to find it worthwhile currently offering 155 and...
  2. Any Owners Yet?

Lol - it's only just under 8,000 miles now! It's a bit of an independence thing for my Mrs who unfortunately has a condition which affects mobility. Only does short local journeys which, in my experience, can be much harder on a car than regular decent journeys. It's certainly holding up under...
  3. Any Owners Yet?

Not many follow the Mii section I know, but just had 3rd MOT at 5 years, again with no problems. Mrs S remains happy, which is the important thing!
  4. DSG creep

I've never actually owned any type of auto/dsg (but may have to soon due to foot problems), though I've driven a few of various types. I'd puzzled over this question before when driving a dsg - if the dsg is wanting to "creep" forward, and you stop it with the parking brake while in Drive, is...
  5. Tuning 1.0 tsi 115 engine options

Re-reading my own post I thought it didn't look right. Just rechecked on the Superchips site as an example and the 135 ps is the "after" figure for the 1.0tsi, it shows 119 ps as "before". Still not a huge difference and the various graphs do show the VW torque does come in a bit lower down the...
  6. Tuning 1.0 tsi 115 engine options

I've often wondered that since I've been driving a 140ps Fiesta. Certainly the VW Group 1.0's I've driven have felt a little more "gutsy" at lower rpm. Looking at various tuners "before and after" figures the 115 tsi seems to be around 135ps to start with, the 140 ecoboost around 140-145, so not...
  7. Coming to end of lease...

The 1.5 tsi is widely used in VW Group cars, but afaik at the moment the only supermini with it available is the Audi A1. It seems to have appeared and disappeared from the Ibiza and Polo, there are certainly members of this forum who managed to get one when it was briefly available. Like you...
  8. Fiesta Zetec S to Ibiza FR Sport

Wow! That's quick delivery - presume it was in stock!
  9. Car Expected July, worth waiting for 1st Sept ?

Most manufacturers include in their standard Ts&Cs a clause to the effect that collection and payment must take place within 7 days of notification that the vehicle is ready for collection. The dealer may well be willing to negotiate delivery/registration into the 1st of the following month to...
  10. Tuning 1.0 tsi 115 engine options

We've tended to bounce between Ford and VW group cars over the years, currently having a Fiesta and a Mii. The Fiesta is a current (Mk 8) 1.0 Ecoboost 140 and the driveability is very good throughout the rev range, so I don't doubt that a higher output version of the 1.0tsi would do likewise...
  11. Electric Mii

I guess it will all come down to the price. One of these would be great for my Mrs who loves her Mii but does very little mileage, mostly very short journeys. 162 mile range would keep her going for about 6weeks!
  12. Ibiza 1.5 disappeared off the uk site

Lurking on the VW and Audi websites yesterday. I see the Polo GTI is now back on the configurator (DSG only) but still no sign of the 1.5. The A1 however is now on the configurator with 1.5 (S-tronic or manual) and 2.0 (S-tronic only) engine options, so there seems to be some progress with WLTP...
  13. Ibiza 1.5 disappeared off the uk site

So I'm given to understand, though why it takes VAG so long when others have managed it is a mystery - perhaps they're still fiddling the figures? I see some folks on the Polo forum have been waiting over a year for their cars, think I'd have walked away by now!
  14. Ibiza 1.5 disappeared off the uk site

Very strange situation this - been trying to configure various models and at the moment apparently VW group can only offer me a 1.0 Polo, Ibiza, Audi A1 or Fabia with no more than 115ps. The Polo GTI is not available to configure ( though shown on the price list but dsg only), it seems the A1...
  15. Any Owners Yet?

Now at four years just had second mot which was again passed with no issues or advisories. No other problems with the car since last update, Mrs S remains very happy with it.
  16. CUPRA Ibiza, will they won't they, would you?

Looking at the new Fiesta ST, Polo GTI, new Audi A1 and the Cupra Ibiza for next time round. Ibiza looks a bit more interesting than the VW (which I've yet to drive as I 'm waiting for the manual to appear). From what I've seen so far though it's looking as if the Ibiza and A1 2.0 tfsi may be...
  17. Seat Mii - General Thoughts

I 've done several posts on the "Any owners yet" thread about our experiences over almost 4 years with my wife's Mii. We originally looked at the Up! and Citigo but this was available pre-reg at a good price with decent spec. No fundamental differences, the seats are the same even on the Gti...
  18. Speed Camera Alerts For Ibiza FR 2018 INSTRUCTIONS

Couldn't agree more. A major issue nowadays is the plethora of limits and difficulty in finding out what the limit actually is on some roads. Having been caught out for the first time in almost 50 years recently, this was raised by almost everyone on the speed awareness course which I attended...
  19. Seat Ibiza Cupra 2018????

Not at all keen on the badge or some of the interior but perhaps they'll make changes for production after getting feedback? Fancying something small and quick next time round so with new Fiesta ST, Polo GTI, Audi S1 and now this at least there'll be plenty of choice!
  20. Anyone ordered yet?

Lead times If lead times on the Ibiza look bad, take a look at the Fiesta Mk 8 situation on www.fordownersclub.com - some people will have been waiting up to 7 months before they see their cars!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members