Search results

1. GarryW1305

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Morning all. Picked up my 2016 Leon ST FR in Nevada White a couple of weeks ago now. Love the car so much and the step up from the 2.0 TDi 140 I had before is definitely noticeable! I did notice this morning on my way to work though that I've managed to catch the leather steering wheel with...
  2. GarryW1305

Annoying buzzing/vibration when playing music

Haha! Always the way isn't it! Yesterday I managed to find a track that worked well. Unfortunately, the workshop staff don't work Sundays, so I'll have to wait until next weekend.
  3. GarryW1305

seat have released some software updates

I picked up my 2016 Leon FR w/Tech pack and Full Link last weekend. Whilst the dealer was showing me how to work all the media system he said that "the next update will allow wireless connection for to Full Link so you don't have to plug your phone in to work Apple CarPlay". I know he could...
  4. GarryW1305

Ok, so I set off into town this morning with the intent to head to the dealer and ask them to sort this problem. On my way, I put some music on to find a good track that would be easy to replicate the buzzing. Could I find one?? No. There was no buzzing. I turned the music up, I skipped through...
  5. GarryW1305

Thanks for the tips. I wouldn't even know where to begin doing my own work like that and would no doubt make a really bad job of it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. GarryW1305

Yeah, sounds exactly like mine. Glad it's a known issue then and will hopefully be a quick resolution. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. GarryW1305

Funny how you had to take the for a ride [emoji23] Could it not be replicated whilst parked in the forecourt? Annoyingly, I don't notice mine when the Mrs is in the passenger seat (maybe because she doesn't like it turned up too much) so I think I'll let them sit in the drivers seat (on the...
  8. GarryW1305

Haha! Don't worry, I'm guilty of that too right now. Alt+TAB is my best friend. I'll try and have a look at the Avatar bit in a minute, but this will be where you all laugh at me for having the 'old man' model!
  9. GarryW1305

In the forums, or just Google in general? Also, sidenote: how do you get a picture of your motor under your details on the left?
  10. GarryW1305

Awesome, thanks. Handily, there's a SEAT dealer less than a mile from my house. I'll pop down there tomorrow and see what they can do. I'll post again to let people know if they're successful.
  11. GarryW1305

Hi all, First of all: buzz, buzzing, music, vibration, vibrate, door, sound, audio, bass, noise. There, that should be enough keywords to make this easy to find for others if there's a good fix suggested :) I tried searching for other threads but didn't find anything relating to a Leon or...
  12. GarryW1305

New Leon FR - Any tips/advice?

Cheers for the links! I did wonder what was different about the washers, as my old 2006 Leon seemed better, so that must be it. The pistol ones seem a bit cheap and it did stick out when I used it yesterday, but couldn't put my finger on why. The other thing I preferred on my old one was the...
  13. GarryW1305

New Leon FR - Any tips/advice?

Hi all, Collected my new(er) 2016 Leon FR ST 2.0 TDi 184bhp at the weekend. Firstly, wow. What a car. My previous was a 2006 Leon 2.0 TDi 140 Sport, which I loved, but this one is something else. Such a nice drive. Anyway, I digress. Now, whilst I'll inevitably find and fiddle with every...
  14. GarryW1305

Number plates advice?

Yeah, I did think about this. Surely though with the amount of people with GB plates there will have to be either an agreement to allow the blue GB plates after we leave or something? Either way though if the dealer have both plain and GB I can have both and swap them as and when the Frenchies...
  15. GarryW1305

Number plates advice?

That's my gut feeling too. I'm waiting for a callback from the dealer now to discuss a few things ahead of picking it up next week, but I suspect he didn't realise the GB plates already existed and just quoted me the cost to have them made. The picture I have of it with GB plates is too poor...
  16. GarryW1305

Number plates advice?

Ah, yes. Another dealer name on them - could have done I guess. I'd want confirmation they were disposed of though. £10 isn't the end of the world and I'm happy to order them. Just thought if they've still got them knocking around in a cupboard then why not just give them to me.
  17. GarryW1305

Number plates advice?

Not big enough ;)
  18. GarryW1305

Number plates advice?

Hey all! I'm picking up my new(er) 2016 Leon ST 2.0 TDi 184bhp FR next Saturday (side note: can't bloody wait!). I looked back at some pictures I took of the car on my phone when I viewed it at the Seat dealer and noticed it had plain number plates on it. I asked the dealer if they could swap...
  19. GarryW1305

Squeak when changing gear fast

Awesome, thanks. Glad it's (probably) nothing more serious. Getting the belt replaced at the MOT in February so look forward to not having to adjust my gear changes through third. Mine always seemed to do it at low rpm also, normally when I was in traffic and shifting into 3rd at quite a slow speed.
  20. GarryW1305

Squeak when changing gear fast

Mine does the same thing and spent ages trying to search through forums before to look for a potential answer. Mine is also usually when changing to 3rd. Can I ask, how would you describe the sound? When I took mine to the dealer (they found nothing apparently) I described it as almost like a...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members