Search results

1. Famandy1

Rear airbags / Seat covers. Leon ST

Rear airbags The optional rear airbags are built into the padded sides of the upright seat squabs by the rear door aperture on each side and have an embroidered "AIRBAG" tag to indicate the car has them fitted. Were a £300 option when I bought mine and thankfully they haven't been needed...
  2. Famandy1

Owned vs Leased ratio

0% apr hp Put 50% down by selling off previous car and rest on 36 months 0% HP, so not long to owning it now - for some reason back then, I got another £1k towards the deposit from SEAT for taking out the interest free HP option so seemed a no brainer at the time!
  3. Famandy1

Mirror Link Activation

Sounds like you have a MY16 vehicle so FullLink ought to be a possibility!
  4. Famandy1

Mirror Link Activation

Yes appreciate that Kev, but as you and I both know, MY2016 came out a few weeks after ours did in 2015 so this particular Leon could well have a centre console mounted USB, but maybe not...........! I quite like mine in the glove box!!
  5. Famandy1

Mirror Link Activation

Before Stoneacre attempted to install Full link , was your USB socket in the glove box or in the centre console?
  6. Famandy1

Mirror Link Activation

Mirrorlink upgrade Interesting response from Stoneacre! The trouble with Mirrorlink, not only does it have limited functionality, it is also only supported by a relatively small range of android mobile phones and as you've already observed, it doesn't work with iphones...................
  7. Famandy1

Mirror Link Activation

2013 fr Pretty sure that Stoneacre shouldn't have even attempted to install Full link on your 2013 FR as the hardware is not compatible from that era. My Nav High was a £900 option and still isn't compatible with Full link retro install............ arghhh!!!
  8. Famandy1

Mirror Link Activation

Mirrorlink only My June 2015 Nav High has only ever had Mirrorlink from the get go and apparently can't be updated to Android Auto and Apple Car Play. Mirrorlink on it's own seems pointless and I have never derived any benefit from it - if anyone knows differently, then I'm all ears!
  9. Famandy1

Full Link - Never works first time

If only I had Android Auto on my 1st generation Nav High - it only has Mirrorlink and no way of retro fitting Full Link
  10. Famandy1

Full Link - Never works first time

I've got a Galaxy S6 connected via Mirrorlink on Nav High first generation (June 2015 Cupra ST) and wonder exactly what it's supposed to to do - can't see the point and main dealer in York hasn't been able to enlighten me either! Haven't got Android Auto but guess this must be superior?!
  11. Famandy1

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Yes I had the TPMS warning light go off within a few miles of having the new PSS's fitted - reset the system and all has been fine since I've deffo paid over the odds for the PSS - Kwik Fit is a bargain without a doubt!
  12. Famandy1

Thanks for this - I did consult Blackcircles and for my postcode they quoted £186 each, but I know this garage well, trust them and also took the opportunity whilst the wheels were off to use their pressure wash facilities to clean inside the wheels and apply some Collinite No. 845 Insulator...
  13. Famandy1

Under-seat storage - retro fit?

Anyone had any success fitting a under-seat storage compartment to the passenger seat - would like to have this, as my drivers seat is electric and cannot be retro-fitted due to lack of space and miss this feature which I had in my previous Audi A3
  14. Famandy1

After 12k miles on the dreaded Bridgestones I finally got round to changing the front tyres for Michelin Pilot Super Sports and boy what a difference they make - it feels like a different car, so much more positive feeling through the steering, just seems a more accurate device to point down the...
  15. Famandy1

The splitter looks really great - thanks so much for posting a photo, especially as yours is an emocion red cupra which has helped me to make my mind up to get one fitted.
  16. Famandy1

Thanks a million for the photo - the splitter really finishes the front of the car off nicely and doesn't look aftermarket at all. Must take a drive down south and get one fitted!
  17. Famandy1

Full link - Android - MY16

Brilliant - glad someone else has found that Mirrorlink is pretty much useless - unfortunately my Nav High being a MY 15.5, doesn't have Full Link, only Mirrorlink and probably missed production by a week or so and as far as I know there is no way of retrofitting Android Auto/Apple Carplay...
  18. Famandy1

290 insurance quote, I'm 18 again!!!!!

We've been with Admiral on a multi car policy for the last few years and to be honest find them very reasonable though you do have to haggle at renewal time which is a bit annoying. My Cupra ST works out around £350 pa with protected NCB, business use, hire car etc etc
  19. Famandy1

Bonnet 'Gas Strut' Stays

Yes they look really good - well done on sourcing this, would love a link too as miss the struts from my previous Audi A3. A RHD positioning of the bonnet release wouldn't go amiss either.........
  20. Famandy1

Which fuel do you use?

Always use Shell Nitro+ was V Max with Shell loyalty card for the money off coupons!