Search results

1. savery

Whats it worth? (sorry)

I hate these posts, but having a relatively unusual car makes it necessary. I can't find a similar car for sale privately - I haven't even seen an equivalent on the road! 61 plate silver Exeo Sport Tech 170 saloon - all the goods such as nav, bi-xenons (facelift style) and rear parking sensors...
  2. savery

Seeking advice from Exeo owners

I have a late 2011 (facelift) 2.0 TDi 170 saloon in Reflex Silver and I love it. Good points: - Superb build quality - feels better than my old B7 A4 in many ways - Toys (perfect bi-xenon headlights, leather all round, nav, bluetooth phone prep, steering controls for audio and phone, TPMS, etc)...
  3. savery

143 or 170??

Mine is as above but a saloon. Great car but probably averages 42mpg on a mixed commute. Good amount of torque but I don't think the improvements on the 143 are huge.
  4. savery

Exeo Mod Ideas - Photoshop

Interesting post - the chrome trim near my wing mirrors have a strange marking on them which I can't get off - looks like dried off rain but it doesn't go when polishing - might consider this but I quite like the chrome in general on my silver Sport Tech facelift.
  5. savery

Another miles per gallon thread...

Economy was the main reason for the switch, but the looks of the Sport Tech facelift swayed me too - none of the other models really interested me. I know the manufacturer MPG figure is rarely met, but considering I do mostly motorway and dual carriageway driving I expected to be a little closer...
  6. savery

Another miles per gallon thread...

Wondering how all you Exeo owners are getting on with regards to MPG In my previous car (330ci) I didn't care, but I bought the Exeo partly for economy so I'm constantly watching the range computer jump up and down... I'm getting little more than 500 miles to £65 of diesel, which I think works...
  7. savery

Exeo Photos

Nice! Not a big fan of the prefacelifts but this is an exception - love the interior details too. I'd love that front grill on mine!
  8. savery

Need help

Sounds good to me, can't remember what the cambelt change interval is on the Exeo but I'd imagine yours is on the mark for it. Welcome to the forum :)
  9. savery

newbie advice (well not to VAG's but) on buying a EXEO

I have the 170 facelift and really like it. Interior heats up nice and quick but the engine takes much longer than I expected. It feels like the Audi it was based on, but you can notice the soundproofing changes Seat introduced.
  10. savery

seat exeo 59 plate good buy?

Sorry for double posting, but debadged pic as promised.
  11. savery

Mine is sometimes tough to get into first gear on cold mornings, but otherwise OK. Word of warning about the cupholders - don't let your drink condensate all over your plush RNS-e!
  12. savery

Would you swap a 13 plate Ibiza FR 1.2 tsi for

I agree with the above in that an Exeo diesel is not the right car for short distance driving, to be honest I'd avoid any diesel for short distance driving. The engine will rarely warm up, meaning you should avoid hitting the high rev bands while the turbo is cold IIRC. I would choose a powerful...
  13. savery

Newbie from Beds

Here's a pic of the car Yet to see another facelift saloon!
  14. savery

Mine is debadged - I'll post a pic of it when I rack up the post count.
  15. savery

Bluetooth A2DP audio streaming

Gutted. My iPod library on my iPhone only has MP3s which are already on my SD card, so the tune2air is out of the question. Why can't they make these things futureproof...?
  16. savery

That's good - I don't suppose you've used it with third party apps i.e. Spotify have you? I've heard it can skip back to iPod playlists when using the steering controls and I hate little annoyances like that. Possibly a good idea for me then - they're not too expensive either. The steering...
  17. savery

Welcome, personally I wouldn't be put off by the mileage either, mine's done 64k on a 61 plate but everything feels tip top. I think these are fantastic used buys but I'm not expecting to be pleasantly surprised come resale time.
  18. savery

Exeo owner new to the forum

Late but welcome to the forum, I'm fairly new myself and am probably the youngest Exeo driver in history, as said above will be good to see some pics. Steve
  19. savery

Newbie with Exeo Sport Tech

Thanks - if you manage to fit the more difficult bits please post up some pics as I'm looking to get this done soon, and I'm a bit "challenged" even with the smallest jobs lol
  20. savery

Thanks, the Tune2air looks good but I've heard that the steering controls on VAG cars can cause it to switch back to the iPod app on iOS devices, and as I'd only be using the connection for Spotify that'd really p*** me off. Were you happy with the audio quality of the FM transmitter? Steve
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members