Search results

1. New Leon CUPRA R ST - can come with 370HP in the UK

My Cupra was in for a service today and I had a chat with the dealer about the ST R. The only options are the Pan roof £800 and the ABT pack at £500 - the rest such as ACC, driver assistance etc is all included as I understand it. It works out at £39,275 fully loaded list price so just under...
  2. Cupra 290BE Bucket seat white trim cracked!

By strange coincidence I've just had exactly the same problem with the driver's seat on my 64 plate, 33k Cupra today. The dealer is on the case and I should get an answer on either repair or costs soon. No other car we've owned has suffered any sort of seat cover issue before at this age so I...
  3. Pembrey Trackday fun - Cupra Vs Type R

Thank you and yep well worth a trip, in the days of F1 testing it was popular for the mix of corners apparently. Supposedly where Ron took Senna and Prost to sort it out after their fall out - that's the story they tell at every briefing anyway!
  4. Pembrey Trackday fun - Cupra Vs Type R

That looks like some proper good fun! http://www.750mc.co.uk/formulae/classic-stock-hatch.htm Lap records here - 1:09.24 so quite a bit quicker than me, not at all surprised by that though, as much as I love the track days I'm no racer! I was out on track with some race (new) minis a...
  5. Pembrey Trackday fun - Cupra Vs Type R

Thank you, glad you enjoyed! I enjoy making the videos almost as much as the driving.
  6. Pembrey Trackday fun - Cupra Vs Type R

I like Pembrey, the double left hander at Dibeni is the big challenge, it's a circuit where you can get a good rhythm going. kentbloke you are officially banned from coming down again, we get enough rain here already and don't need you brining any more :) The only reason I went on Sunday was...
  7. Sold the Cupra 280

The EP3 is a fine choice. I think an EP3 in that trim should be a fair bit quicker than the Cupra on most circuits, unless there are long straights maybe. You've probably seen my Pembrey thread, there was an Integra there in a similar state of tune and it was blisteringly quick on Federal...
  8. Sold the Cupra 280

Because I also agree with all the positive points, perfect daily car for me and here to stay. All those minor negatives only apply flat out on track, which is less than 1% of my annual mileage. I didn't know that with the first one because it failed in less than 1k road miles. Something...
  9. Sold the Cupra 280

You've hit the nail on the head there, a talented all rounder good but not quite great. + Agree with all your good points. I'd add to the negatives: - Even the buckets aren't really buckets (not enough lateral support on track, my left knee bruises tell the tale) and yes they should be the...
  10. Sound Actuator

I didn't like the actuator on my first Cupra but that is because I thought it was adding silly dump valve noises. That actually turned out to be early signs of turbo failure but hey who knew!! The actuator was surprisingly useful on track, with a helmet on the extra audio cues were useful for...
  11. Cars you've embarrassed in your Cupra/FR/Leon

I think we need a new rule for this thread - full HD video of your victory (or shameful defeat) with a Cupra logo and a copy of today's newspaper in shot too. Ideally you should also be wearing Cupra branded clothing too. Some of these stories are surely a stretch of anyone's imagination...
  12. Cars you've embarrassed in your Cupra/FR/Leon

Was this in a straight line? If so I find it hard to believe. If you look at fastest laps the Golf R has 5 more points for straight line speed. If a corner was involved then it makes sense that you destroyed him, the Cupra is easily 2mph faster. ;) :lol: Note the verdict at the bottom...
  13. Possible warranty claim looming

I agree with Seastormer I'm afraid. Several RS3 owners had problems with Conti tyres either wearing incredibly quickly, the sidewalls cracking or the tread blocks falling out. As far as I know all got the same answer - driving style/environment and no payout. He says the issue won't cause...
  14. Cheesy Auto Express / SEAT sponsored review!

Yes and I respect your opinion you own one. He was given one for 2 weeks and given some free track time & instruction. At least they stated it was a sponsored advert. Lucky it didn't blow the turbo like my first one, which didn't stop me coming back for another. Awful cheesy marketing imo...
  15. Pembrey Trackday fun - Cupra Vs Type R

Thank you, yep I love a bit of flat out action around the track. We keep that board in the bedroom...um...er...:hole::redface::lol: I'm working on a picture board with all the cars on, I might add the lap times to that now too!
  16. Cheesy Auto Express / SEAT sponsored review!

You'd have to give me a free car for two weeks to get me to sat things like this on camera...oh wait...do people really fall for this kind of thing :rolleyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrq5Q5JKdWw Source: Blatantly nicked from an evo forum thread. I suspect the other Leon reviews are as...
  17. Pembrey Trackday fun - Cupra Vs Type R

Yes I find the same, not a sharp or confidence inspiring as the Megane, the Cupra makes up it's lap time in big lunges of power between the corners. The Megane is way more stable in the high speed corners. I much prefer sitting in the Cupra day to day so it's a good compromise.
  18. Pembrey Trackday fun - Cupra Vs Type R

Blimey I'd stay well clear of days that want roll cages and insurance is usually up to you. You certainly don't need a roll cage for these days. In my experience Motorsports Events run the best safe, non competitive trackdays where good driver etiquette is a must. There are quite a few rules...
  19. Pembrey Trackday fun - Cupra Vs Type R

Thanks both, oops link amended! It was a great fun day what enjoying fast cars is all about for me.
  20. Pembrey Trackday fun - Cupra Vs Type R

Yesterday at sunny Pembrey circuit, the home of Welsh Motorsport, with the superb Motorsports Events http://www.motorsport-events.co.uk/ team was a lot of fun. If you've been thinking about taking your Cupra to the track - do it! It's a hugely capable car out of the box and you will grin from...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.