Search results

1. Just bought a K1

I would say firstly you need to decide how far you want to go modding. I see so many people going stage 1 then stage 2 then 2+ then going hybrid and waste so much money when if they decided that they were going to eventually go stage 2+ and just went to that and saved alot in the process
  2. BigNod00's Mk2 Cupra K1 * The ASBO *

Captured some footage of him other day with it :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGXZYO2rvec
  3. BigNod00's Mk2 Cupra K1 * The ASBO *

It did look awesome when I saw it in the garage when I popped up to AKS. Now that your AWD you planning to go big turbo or TTE480 to take advantage of that added grip :D
  4. Koni, APEX, KW or Vogtland?

Are the Bilstein B14/B16 worth the extra money over the others?
  5. Dorny's Soon To be AWD K1

:D AWD nearly done, hardware side done, now just the wiring and programming. More pile of goodies Bilstein B16 S3 Gearbox with quaife diff, input shaft billet mod and support Forging Engine parts with 1.8 oil pump conversion, billet crankshaft and HPA inlet manifold Other bits and bobs...
  6. Oil in coolant reserve??

We had a Focus in the other day and its coolant reservoir was full of oil and was causing the engine to majorly overheat. This was due to the oil cooler, and it made a complete mess of the coolant system and took hours and hours of trying to flush the whole system out of oil. And we still didn't...
  7. cupra k1 gearbox

K1 is just a special edition Cupra and that is just body work and central exhaust, everything else like the gearbox is the same.
  8. GEARBOX for seat leon cupra k1

I will have a K1 gearbox for sale in a months time, as I'm doing a AWD conversion so using an S3 Gearbox, but it wont be out of the car for atleast another month.
  9. Whats this? (Picture)

Did you have a horn or airbag problem that was fixed?
  10. Leon Cupra K1 - Rtech2+ 382bhp 408lbft Fully Forged Build

Looking nice :D How you finding the coilovers after a few weeks running on them. Also at your current height/stance (which looks great) are you having problems with speed bumps etc?
  11. Leon Cupra K1 - Rtech2+ 382bhp 408lbft Fully Forged Build

Those pictures have just sold me on getting some bola B1 :D What size and dimension are those?
  12. Dorny's Soon To be AWD K1

Update: Plans have changed a bit since last time I posted. Someone during Xmas time floated the idea of an S3 AWD conversion to me and the idea didn't leave my thoughts so towards the end of January I started the hunt for the parts. I ended up sourcing parts from an 2012 S3 with 32k mileage so...
  13. Milltek prices please

Non Resonated is louder than the resonated, but is more free flowing. I wouldn't say they are loud/droney for people around your car. But they can be a bit droney for you inside the car. But its down to tastes, some people say Milltek is not droney others think they are. Might be worth trying...
  14. Leon Cupra K1 - Rtech2+ 382bhp 408lbft Fully Forged Build

Loving that back end, I wonder if it would suit a silver K1 having that mid section blacked out. Ive seen plenty of coloured/bright cars having that part with black but no silver.
  15. Audi 2.0tfsi engine oil burning issue same for seat?

Its mostly affecting certain audi engines, this doesn't apply to seat,vw and skoda etc. All TFSI engines will loose abit of oil, they are well known problem. What these certain audi tfsi engines were really bad.
  16. Inlet Valve Carbon Clean/Decoke

If you have a spare 6-8 hours and use the guide that is on this forum, wire brushes and some carb cleaner it can be done. Its pretty straight forward, it just takes time.
  17. My 08 Candy White Cupra

Stage 2+ is all great fun in the summer, but in rain and winter times, you have to drive like a granny just to get some traction :D. But I dont care as I have all the fun in the summer :D
  18. LCR vs K1

I was lucky with my K1, the previous owner looked after it well and also converted the climate/heater controls to the facelift version and also retro fitted a RNS510 sat nav. And like cupra.al said I'm not a fan of leather seats either. The only real difference between the dash display is that...
  19. LCR vs K1

Its all statistics based, so more than likely there has been more crashes/breakings/stolen reports and claims for the cupra R than standard cupras. From the point of view of the insurance company the K1 is just a normal Cupra so it is seen to be less likely to be stolen or crashed compared to...
  20. Hunting for black cupra K1!

Theres one going for sale in the Tfsi parts for sale/wanted facebook page by Richard Hall https://www.facebook.com/groups/424358197750803/ "Up for sale is my 2008 seat leon cupra k1 finished in the fantastic NEGRO INFERI 2 tone black This is a genuine k1 edition Car is completely standard and...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members