Search results

1. perkman1969

Mk3 Cupra R alcantara wheel

No glue necessary and will come off without leaving any marks. The kit comes with double sided tape that they advise you to use in their guide but I read in various product feedback that this was more hindrance than help so didn't use it and it was just as easy to fit and sew up.
  2. perkman1969

This is the one I got. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XuJi-Black-Suede-Red-Marker-Car-Steering-Wheel-Cover-for-Volkswagen-Golf-6-GTI-MK6-VW/32739176917.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.0DmgSy It took me about an hour and a half to fit it the first time (which the picture is of). The top half...
  3. perkman1969

I’ve fitted one from Mewant - it’s for the golf and apart from small areas not covered and the need for some extra padding underneath it on the lower quarters, it fits really nicely, and more importantly it feels amazing, especially in this freezing weather. Thickens the wheel too, which I like...
  4. perkman1969

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Fitted the alcantara steering cover I took a chance on from AliExpress. It’s for the Golf and doesn’t quite cover the whole Leon wheel but it’s excellent quality and feels great - had to pad the lower arms slightly as it was a fraction too big there. The slight gaps I’ll find a solution for in...
  5. perkman1969

Well it's goodbye from me........

Bye lads, drop in and say hi occasionally. This oldie isn’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future so I’ll keep the home fires burning. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. perkman1969

Give mine a wash and then fitted the winter wheels and tyres, plus added some extra badging to the front wings. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. perkman1969

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Lovely car mate, you’re going to have a persistent smile on your face now! Don’t forget to hide your number plate in the pics tho. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. perkman1969

Windows opened by themselves

Of course! I’d forgotten that if you don’t open a door within a minute of unlocking, it relocks itself. I’m sure this will be an accidental activation of global opening For those with obd11 and bad experience with the above and rain, I believe there is a setting you can activate that closes...
  9. perkman1969

Did you remove the badge from the base to do it? The 2 halves clip out and it’s easier to then wrap them individually (at least that’s what I did) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. perkman1969

Spooky! It is Halloween after all...[emoji16] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. perkman1969

Are you sure you haven’t pressed the open button and activated global opening by accident? My mirrors don’t unfold unless I open the door. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. perkman1969

My Cupra 280 at Oulton Park - with vids M135i etc

We watched a race day there last weekend and have to say it’s an awesome track. Hope to do a track day there one day myself. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. perkman1969

Cupra 290 black edition or cupra 300 pics added

300 would be my choice mate. Noticeable improvement in refinement and I prefer the new centre console too - seems more solid and better use of the space. I came from a 280 DSG hatchback to the 300ST DSG and it’s spades ahead of the 280. For only 1k difference I know where my money would go...
  14. perkman1969

Eco Mode Issue?

That’s the one yes. I tried it for a while but didn’t like the constant cutting in and out, albeit quite smooth. Just felt if I needed the power suddenly the brief lag might be a problem... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. perkman1969

Eco Mode Issue?

Easiest way to test it is see if the coasting function is still active- when you lift your foot off the accelerator down a hill for instance, the car defaults to idle speed until you press the accelerator again. Only eco mode has the coast function I believe. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. perkman1969

Spent the day at Oulton Park where this beauty was racing in the Britcar champs. Sounded fantastic and punched well above its weight. Destined to take part in next year’s inaugural TCR series which should be a great watch. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. perkman1969

New member located in Denmark

I like the alarm chirps on opening and closing. I’ve also enabled fuel litres to refill in the car menu - not a lot of point to it but I find it interesting to compare what it’s telling me and what I actually put in. I’ve tried to increase the comfort blink of the indicators from 3 to 5 but...
  18. perkman1969

End of production for scirocco and a3 3door

Hmm, looks like the MD is safe then [emoji28] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. perkman1969

End of production for scirocco and a3 3door

Time to buy a current Scirroco and wrap it up as a future classic?? [emoji848] what will the Managing Director say when I suggest yet another car on the drive....[emoji16] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. perkman1969

New member located in Denmark

Welcome to the forum mate. After spending the next 3 months on here, you’ll have a list as long long as your arm of nice things to do to your new car when it arrives. [emoji16] Great place for everything SEAT. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.