Search results

1. jw22

Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

That clip is very different from the one that came from my local Seat dealer.
  2. jw22

MK2 Ibiza / Cordoba Pedal box replacement

If you have a good guy local for welding why not weld and reinforce the snapped one. Once supported and repaired it'll be as strong as a new one will be. It's the welds that stress and break not the metal.
  3. jw22

Finished mine but the airbag light comes back on after the three second test. ie Ignition on and the light illuminates for three seconds, then goes out the comes back on again. I've taken it all apart and back together again and all is fine but still the light stays on. Could a VAG com solve...
  4. jw22

Forza Motorsport - All game info and discussions in here

got some paperwork to sort but I'll be on from 10pm. redwoodjay on live
  5. jw22

Best workshop manual/parts diagrams

Cheers fella does the trick.
  6. jw22

Best workshop manual/parts diagrams

Apart from making a trip to my local Halfords for a Haynes can anyone recommend (or even know of) another manual for the Cordoba? Cannot find a Bentley one or a workshop one in book form. Or is there a VAG version of realoem.com (for bmws) for part numbers and diagrams. I did think about...
  7. jw22

Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

The white clip only needs to be replaced if you remove the brake pedal, it does go through the hole on in the pedalbox. Though I suspect that by the time some people get to that part they see the clip as an easy item to replace and the pedal is out of the way for the re-installation.
  8. jw22

Polo classic 6k suspension

Thanks for that toddy, any ideas on a set of ARB's? biza cupra? Going to sling mine round a track or two this summer (if it starts) and fancy tidying up the suspension whilst I'm replacing bushes, wishbones, ball joints, pedalbox, bearings, service.....
  9. jw22

Polo classic 6k suspension

@ Tank Cheap coilovers will not help unless you are after the slammed look the ones mentioned above are not the sort I'm talking about. I'm in the process of resurecting a 'classic' and now that the wishbones are out I'm tempted in sorting out the rest of the chassis front end (on a budget) to...
  10. jw22

And people moan that SCN is/has gone downhill. Thanks for all the advice here I'll be taking this job on once the bracket has arrived later this week.
  11. jw22

Mk3 1.4 Dark Grey Seat Ibiza Chill - 100,000 miles!!

Looks about right to me. Is there a seat version of realoem.com for bmw's? (its E30's for me, not the modern junk) It'll show where this piece lives and the part number. I've found Seat dealerships to be the most friendly accessable in the trade so if one is close to you they could confirm and...
  12. jw22

8 or 16 valves Thoughts please

I'm up by Brands in Ash Green though I've got to finish a resto and sell one of my tourings first.
  13. jw22

Nowt wrong with a 1.4. Mine wa lined up at Brands on the hill back in 05-06 amongst a few dozen Cupras, guess which one stood out. Was a photo on here many moons ago.
  14. jw22

Now then ladies lets not start swinging handbags ;) Or shall I go and get the popcorn?:whistle:
  15. jw22

Cheers for the info and advice guys and girls. May just go for what comes up next month after I finish and sell one of my tourings. For me its more about reliability and MPG than speed as I'll still have a tuned E30 to surprise the VRX, typeR numpties.
  16. jw22

aBhardwaj1990's old school "bit on the side", Britney the Beemer!

Stay clear of coilovers on an E30 unless your spine is very flexible, anymore than a 40mm drop will ruin the handling and ride. If you need any help/questions give me a shout fella.
  17. jw22

Mk3 1.4 Dark Grey Seat Ibiza Chill - 100,000 miles!!

I can help with half your problem. A lowered car creates less drag from under the car hence better mpg. That'll take care of your folks. And a nominal fee for rent would free up other mods. As for the cupra suspension making a 1.4 sit higher, its down to the weight of the engine+box in the 1.4...
  18. jw22

And who says you can't get good mpg in a mk2 what do you get

i've two tourings atm. Finding a good one is still possible, though its easier to find a good 316/8 and a 325 rust bucket for the conversion. Your bank manager will tell you that you bought the right car though.
  19. jw22

Check the standard things first, spark plugs, air filter, tons of tools in boot, belts correctly adjusted, tyre pressures. A good quality, branded exhaust should help but with a better soundtrack comes the temptation for higher revs and burning more fuel.
  20. jw22

Holding the clutch pedal releases the clutch so there is less mass to turn. As for mpg I'm getting 14-18 around the lanes and 28 on the motorway. Is a tuned 325 E30 hence why I'm back here thinking about a cupra. Been here for years and still never owned one. :rolleyes: Hopefully I'll sort...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise