Search results

1. JamieLittwin

2010 1.6TDI exhaust gas temperature sensor

Seat will agree to fix any issues for free relating to the update, I'd take it back and say to them
  2. JamieLittwin

New car ****ed engine

I'd take the car back and do a bit of research before your next buy, my mate had 3 cupras (that shape) engine went in all of them within 1-2 months of owning (dealers refunded cost of car every time). Bought a later model one and has had it 2 years now, no issues at all
  3. JamieLittwin

12v Fuse?

I've given up trying to ask the dealer now as they don't seem to know either. Does anyone know what fuse is for the 12v in a 2014+ model, theres no diagram in the manual and I don't think it's the same as the older models. Also, where has everyone grounded their dashcams after hard...
  4. JamieLittwin

Dashcam power supply

Are you looking to hardwire or run via the 12v?
  5. JamieLittwin

1.6 TDI vs 1.2 TSI vs 2.0 tdi

I've got the 1.6tdi, I've driven a load of different cars and owned quite a few. I'd actually say it's a really good engine, mine has 56k on it and you can't hear it at all whilst driving and sounds like any other diesel I've had on idle. Performance is good and I average around 65mpg with a...
  6. JamieLittwin

Anybody had the EA189 fix applied

I was actually advised against having the software update as it causes some parts to fail early (VW will replace these regardless if outside warranty). Their words were "more hassle than it's worth"
  7. JamieLittwin

Cupra 280 injector failure

I'll have to, I'll report back. Cheers!
  8. JamieLittwin

Yeah I did find it strange, I got no paperwork whatsoever
  9. JamieLittwin

Notchy Gearchange

Try changing gear slower, sounds strange but mine does come and go. It's normal but can depend on my driving style and also what mode I'm in
  10. JamieLittwin

Notchy Gearchange

Also, what's your average trip in miles?
  11. JamieLittwin

Notchy Gearchange

I've driven many a Leon, trust me they're all the same. It's nothing to worry about
  12. JamieLittwin

So I had a little bit of fun being recovered the other day due to injector 2 having a full failure. White smoke and petrol pumping out the exhaust, nice and fun. Anyway, it took Seat 8 days to rectify the issue for a job which should take 2 hours. My car was on the ramp solid for the 8 days and...
  13. JamieLittwin

Notchy Gearchange

I had spoken to Seat about this a while ago and they said it's normal. Something to do with the gearbox oil be use as it takes a long time to warm up due to it being so thick. Nothing to worry about
  14. JamieLittwin

Cupra 280 competition clutch?

Dragging up the past but I'm still looking, and clutch was slipping when I bought the car about 8 months ago. As it's been winter I haven't driven it very hard but I had a blast the other day and when changing at red line in 2nd/3rd/4th etc it just doesn't want to engage properly. SEAT can't...
  15. JamieLittwin

***WANTED*** Cupra 280 Front Bumper Red

Hey, After a badger decided to have a bit too much of a good look at my car, my front bumper is now completely smashed on the drivers side. Does anyone have a front bumper in red for a cupra for sale? Needed in near perfect condition before I have to order a new one from SEAT and get it...
  16. JamieLittwin

Cupra 280 Popping and Banging `Worthing`

Got my car done within 2 weeks of having it I think! :rofl:
  17. JamieLittwin

Cupra 280 Popping and Banging `Worthing`

Mine pops and bangs lovely with a custom system on it
  18. JamieLittwin

What a sound!!! Cupra ST 280 DSG

Remember that "sound" is a little electric box in the little hole where the suspension hat is (right hand side) take a look! Sounds even better with a custom stainless system on it! ;)
  19. JamieLittwin

Calling all Cupra 280 owners

The cupra is a beast of it's own. I can get down to very low teens and the max I've had is early 50s a couple of times. I can happily average early 40s on my way to work and very low teens if I'm running late. Don't buy a cupra if you're worried about MPG, I put in £60 every couple of days
  20. JamieLittwin

Cupra 280 clutch pedal fault

I've dont 21k in my 14 plate and im pretty sure mine is slipping
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.