Search results

1. sicasey

Coolant leak FR TDi - Warranty job

A good old oil temperature gauge wouldn't go a miss either!
  2. sicasey

Coolant leak FR TDi - Warranty job

I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else yet or is present in a thread on this board somewhere but I figured it might be worth mentioning. My FR TDi had been progressively losing coolant over a period of two weeks. The only way I noticed this (worrying) was the constant fan noise...
  3. sicasey

Power Steering Noise - FR TDi

Hahaha! This has made my night. Hmm, I wonder if you work for a Seat dealer? My opinions are my own and are that of someone on the other side of the dealer fence. But thanks again for the laugh.
  4. sicasey

Synical, yes. I'm yet to find a dealership that is not only just only interested in you signing on the dotted line and who actually provide a decent level of after sales service. In fact I'll go one step further, the only communication I've ever had from the dealer is when they think it's time...
  5. sicasey

Still no resolution to this. Very annoying noise and it's unlikely that the dealership will have the intelligence to fix.
  6. sicasey

Hello all. Ok, for some time now I have been experiencing a problem with the power steering. When I come to a stop there is a whining noise, if I move the steering wheel either left or right a fraction the noise then stops. This whole process repeats itself as soon as I come to a stop again...
  7. sicasey

Fr tdi tyre pressure please?

Yes of course....thank you.
  8. sicasey

Fr tdi tyre pressure please?

Sorry would use search or owners manual but out and about having to use mobile, can someone tell me the correct tyre pressures for the fr tdi? Thanks in advance :)
  9. sicasey

FR TDi Tyre Prices

Ok next question then, what's the right brand/spec to go for. I like the sound of the Yoko's....
  10. sicasey

FR TDi Tyre Prices

I think they were Michelin Sport Max.... Aren't Toyo's premium? And also very soft compound so therefore don't last long?
  11. sicasey

FR TDi Tyre Prices

Hello all, Ahh so it is that time for new front tyres. I've been getting quotes of around £130-145 a corner for 215/40 R17 on my FR TDi. Does this sound about right compared to what others have been paying? Thanks in advance, Simon.
  12. sicasey

Enabling Front Fogs AKA - DRL's

Hmmm strange, the only ones I have seen are the fogs on with no side lights to act as DRL's....some Mercedes with non Xenon have the fogs on as well.
  13. sicasey

No not at all, if you look at some VW's etc they are just the front fogs. The fogs on the Ibiza are made for the job as they are used as "cornering lights" and so are not as bright as usual fog lights.
  14. sicasey

Just thought I would throw this question out there to see if anyone knows the answer; Is there a way of enabling the front fogs to be on all the time like some VW/Skoda's as DRL's where by they turn off when main lights are turned on? I am guessing this will be the future DRL for the face...
  15. sicasey

Need help with LED number plate bulb

If I hadn't of binned it....
  16. sicasey

Any clues on the LED fitment/spec please?
  17. sicasey

Morning all, I would use the search function but the net is running terribly here for me today.... Can anyone please tell me what size/bulb type I need to choose when buying rear LED numberplate bulbs for my FR? One of them has broken and I cant for the life of me remeber the spec that I...
  18. sicasey

Any ideas?

Thankyou! You have just restored my faith in this site.
  19. sicasey

Central locking issue?

That's the problem with it being intermittent. I don't want to waste time at the dealers when they will just turn around and say there is nothing wrong with it. Also, I worry about them making the sitaution worse down the line with a "technician" standing there for 10 mins locking and...
  20. sicasey

Central locking issue?

It 100% has nothing to do with any batteries.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.