Search results

1. LHD Insurance

Hi Sorry have been away and have not been able to reply The car is on UK plates And thank you all for your answers
  2. LHD Insurance

Hi all Do you know of any Insurance Companies that insure LHD cars? My current insurer sent me a renewal quote of £1049 for TPFT on a 2004 FR TDi :wtf: Gave them a call and doing a discount here and there they managed to bring it down to just over £700. They did the same thing last...
  3. Single din conversion

I believe these are the part numbers for what you want. - Centre console 2DIN (climate control) black: 1M0 863 263 F 40N - Centre console 2DIN (climate control) grey : 1M0 863 263 F 2T4 - Centre console 2DIN (climate control) mecury: 1M0 863 263 F 5D4 - Centre console 2DIN (climate...
  4. Key fob replacement

If you have the "lollipop" key it is just a case of getting a new one, with the same Mhz and pairing it up with the central locking. The transponder for the immobiliser is in the key part, a glass cylinder about the size of a rice "seed" so there is no need to pair it. And pairing it for the...
  5. OE headlight upgrade questions

After much searching over the internet for RHD headlights (I imported my car from spain) with DLRs and coming away with answers that did not convince me from european companies that assured me they can be for both LHD and RHD and the ones I found from UK were too expensive.... i decided to do it...
  6. TDi Engine Codes - the good and the bad?

I have a 2004 1.9 TDi 150 FR ARL with 110k miles. The engine, and I can only speak for myself, is grunty enough with 150 BHP and 340 Nm as standard. A bit smokey when you first start it up in the morning and if you are not too heavy on the foot you will find when you floor it smoke will come...
  7. what have you done to your car today ?

There was a DIY guide for doing just that somewhere not sure if it was on this forum or a Spanish one. People do a DIY job because I believe there is no honeycomb de-badge grill... I have been trying to find it but to no avail... although I did find something to de-badge the front grille...
  8. what have you done to your car today ?

Registered the vehicle for UK roads (EU Import) and as such, apart from needing to change the clocks I also had to change the headlights for the cut-off to be on the correct side. I could have bought OEM or aftermarket headlights but that is waaaaaaay to easy for me.... lol, so what I did...
  9. what have you done to your car today ?

Stage 1 Re-Map. Now running 185 BHP and 410 Nm of torque. Have a big grin on my face now... :)
  10. 3d printing parts

If you are looking into getting a 3D printer, your best bet is to get a 3D scanner too so there is no need to have to download part files. There are loads on the market, depends on how deep you pockets are really. There are also a few that are both scanner and printer like this one...
  11. lcd touchscreen/sat nav/dvd player install

And it will look something like this
  12. lcd touchscreen/sat nav/dvd player install

You will need to change the centre console in order to do it: - Centre console 2DIN (climate control) black: 1M0 863 263 F 40N - Centre console 2DIN (climate control) grey : 1M0 863 263 F 2T4 - Centre console 2DIN (climate control) mecury: 1M0 863 263 F 5D4 - Centre console 2DIN (climate...
  13. what have you done to your car today ?

Did my very first DIY service. :funk: Changed oil and filter, diesel filter, pollen filter (which was REALLY dirty) and cleaned pipercross filter. Vag-Com was throwing up an error on cylinder 3 glow-plug so I decided to changed them all as sooner or later the others would be going too. Have...
  14. Thinking of selling, what's my car roughly worth?

Hi I would roughly say 2000-2500.
  15. what have you done to your car today ?

Does Revive or similar products actually clean well? Is it worthwhile in a car with 100k on the clock which has never received this treatment? Before or after an oil change?
  16. what have you done to your car today ?

There are pics on the very last page of the thread, in more or less the same order. :)
  17. what have you done to your car today ?

There is a tutorial with everything you need to know and everything you need too by poliq: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344820 Its quite easy and looks excellent.
  18. what have you done to your car today ?

Nope, still have fogs, replaced lampholder in order to use 5/21 bulbs.
  19. what have you done to your car today ?

Fitted quadlights... yay!!! Should have been like this when I received it from showroom....
  20. what have you done to your car today ?

Mate of mine has the logo ones. They look smart but for me did not give enough light which is why i installed these.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members