Search results

1. Cupra 16V - Selling?

At last some helpful replies.....:D A grand would be fantastic, I reckon that might be ambitious given the mileage though. Mind you there are some for more than that on Auto Trader. It'll be up for sale (probably..) in a couple of weeks.....
  2. Cupra 16V - Selling?

Er - yeah I guess I realise how it looks but the cupra is 12 years old now FFS! I'm hardly John 'two jags' Prescott :D Trust me the bank account doesn;t make good reading.... Anyway, I think it will be for sale soon as I can't afford to keep it as well as a company runaround. Btw I'm 33...
  3. Cupra 16V - Selling?

Interesting - 3 replies all telling me to keep it! Sadly I don't think that will be viable. Even if it was worth nothing I don't have anywhere to keep a 3rd car - we already have a mk5 Golf as a family car so it would never wash with the mrs even if I did have somewhere to put it! Think you...
  4. Cupra 16V - Selling?

Right, I may be getting a company car soon so the mk2 cupra may have to go. Can't decide whether this is a good thing or not as on the one hand I have had a number of problems with it since I bought it in 2005 but on the other hand they are all fixed now and it is actually a pretty decent car...
  5. 16V Clutch Problem (again)

Got a similar spring from work (it's an engineering company) and chucked that in. The spring is a little stiffer which has made the clutch even heavier than it normally is but so far so good. So I guess that was the problem then. Hope that helps anyone if the have thye same problem in...
  6. we need help!!

Get VAGcom on it mate. You can at least elimate a load of things that it could be. Like faulty sensors for example.
  7. Why is VW/Seat Customer Service SO bad?!

I didn't realise they were franchises - i guess that sort of explains it then. At my local VW one it depends who you talk to, some of the people are pretty good but most aren't. The Seat garages I've been to are both awful though, they just don't seem to want to help support the cars after...
  8. Why is VW/Seat Customer Service SO bad?!

Well......any ideas?? Good cars but cr*p service!
  9. 16V Clutch Problem (again)

Right, an update..... Called VW and Seat trying to order a new spring and lock washer but no joy yet. They both said "oh, that'll have to be a special order part.....erm....." - Well f***** order it then you muppet! Neither of them got back to me with the details (as is usually the case...
  10. Stuttering Under Acceleration

Agreed - it looks okay in that picture. But mine would have done also. On mine it was one of the small solder joints to the left of your pic - you could move it ever so slightly by wobbling the pin. I would reflow the joints anyway if I were you - or buy a new one if you're not that confident...
  11. 16V Clutch Problem (again)

Had a look at the mechanism today and I think I have an idea what the problem might be. It appears the only thing that stops the pushrod from becoming misaligned with the lever is the fact that it's under compression. When the clutch is operated the compression is provided by the cable...
  12. 16V Clutch Problem (again)

Got a problem with the clutch on my 16V - again. Put a new one in a while ago and had a problem with the pushrod not aligning with the lever that is operated by the cable. I managed to realign it just by pushing the rod back into place but then today it did it again. Weird, it drives fine for...
  13. Stuttering Under Acceleration

Have a really close look at the solder joints with a magnifying glass. The crack was very difficult to see on mine. Also try wobbling the pins of the relay and see if the joint moves - that was visible on mine. Failing all that I reckon it's worth reflowing the joints anyway. Gotta try it to...
  14. Stuttering Under Acceleration

Sorry - it was the ECU relay. Top row of the two main rows, third in from the left. It has a no.30 on it. Labelled no.3 in the diagram posted above. Case is black. You just need to reflow the solder joints on the little PCB inside - no need to buy a new one. HTH - let me know if you need...
  15. Stuttering Under Acceleration

Fixed :funk::funk::funk: It was the relay. In the end got a mate at work to look at the relay under a microscope and he spotted a crack in one of the solder joints - really hard to see though. I had already cheked for this and I couldn't see it before. So many people did suggest the relay...
  16. Stuttering Under Acceleration

£22 for the ECU relay :( Thought someone said it was a tenner. Well, I'll pick it up tomorrow anyway......
  17. Stuttering Under Acceleration

Okay - will do mate. I'll put all the details on here when it's sorted (if it's sorted :blink:). I know how useful it is being able to search these forums :)
  18. Stuttering Under Acceleration

Okay - cheers dude. I will try cleaning the TB first as it's pretty cheap to do. I'll give Seat a bell and see how much they think it'll be.
  19. Do you own a Haynes?

I did have one and hardly used it cos so much is similar to the mk2 golf - of which I became something of an expert.... And now of all times when I really need it (as the car is playing up) I can't find the damn thing! Anyone fancy scanning in every page and posting it on a website so that...
  20. Help me

I know the problem mate. I was looking for one for about 3-4 months. They sell very quickly indeed. Mine came up on the Auto Trader website so I called the guy straight away and went to look at it the same day - put a deposit down there and then. Picked it up two days later. During those two...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.