Search results

1. Noise from dash near light swtich?

Ha ha, mine is quiet except for this, it only happens when A/C is on. Lately though since I posted this I have not heard it, so am thinking it may have been something stuck in the vents?
  2. Noise from dash near light swtich?

Anyone else hear this, the only way to describe it is a slight buzzing, the only way to stop it is press the dash next to the light switch and then it stops, putting a rag in between the door frame next to it and the dash stops it. Anyone else have this issue and found the culprit? Nothing...
  3. Bulb warning in dash FYI

That happened to me with my back light, the bulb lit on the dash and I had no light not working. But then I tapped the back lights on the car gently and one of them went out, so swapped that out and have not seen the dash light again since. Bit strange though it does not pick up the fact...
  4. Bulb warning in dash FYI

I discovered I had a blown headlight bulb this evening (H7) and noticed that the dash warning light did not come on? It has come on previously when one of my rear lights was out???
  5. Toledo MPI 1.6 Egypt

In answer to number 1, that sounds like the DRL lamp Open the Fuse panel under the steering wheel and there is a switch there for it.
  6. Knock in front going over hollows in road?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I was annoyed when they started to change parts and noise was still there but on the plus side I now have a new steering rack and gearbox mount and most of all the new shock which to be honest probably was the culprit all along as the noise that I was hearing is now...
  7. Knock in front going over hollows in road?

My Toledo since end of November makes a slight knock sound when I go over a hollow in the road. I have had it back now 3 times to a Seat Dealer here in Ireland, they have replaced: Gearbox mount Whole steering rack Front passenger side shock Still the noise is there, not as bad as...
  8. Toledo IV Pics

Hope they are ok for you so going forward, mine had XL (Extra Load) on them which meant much stiffer side wall and it showed.
  9. Toledo IV Pics

Nankang! Had 2 of them on my Toledo when I got it and they were rock solid, even at correct pressure, took them off and put 2 Dunlops on and the difference was like night and day!
  10. Toledo IV Pics

Mine is also on 16's and last week I had to get new tyres all round, went with 205/50 16 and the ride is even better now than the Dunlop 215/45 16 that were on it, and tyres were cheaper too at that size as more choice.
  11. Toledo vs Leon vs Ibiza

My own Toledo was in yesterday getting a new Steering rack!, while it was there they gave me a 16 Reg Ibiza 1.0 "Sport" Nice fun car to drive and liked the modern tech in it compared to my Toledo, however there was more noticable noise in the Ibiza, especially from the dash area. My Toledo...
  12. My Toledo wouldn't start, gone back to the dealer :(

Well did you get it back? ECU probably shorted if it was loose?
  13. MKIV rear condensation

Also bear in mind you bring water into the car out of the rain....on your shoes :) That gets into the carpet and hey presto..condensation. Only happens during winter months.
  14. Lighting Upgrades

I assume you found the removable panel under the wheel arch which gives access to them?
  15. Toledo vs Leon vs Ibiza

Just thought of a plus for the Leon over my Toledo, 205/55 16 tyres vs mine 215/45 16, the Leon's size are more widely available and cheaper!
  16. Toledo vs Leon vs Ibiza

Less of the Diesel bashing :rofl: I totally agree, I had a drive in a 13 Reg Leon recently expecting it to be streets ahead, was delighted to get back into my Toledo!
  17. Lighting Upgrades

Where did you get these from?
  18. Where are all the Mk4 Owners?

Snap :) I have the same car over here in Ireland, great car!
  19. Tyre Pressure?

I have the Dunlops on it for now as they seem to grip well and are wearing well for a Diesel. When I need to change them I will be getting my local tyre guy to put on Aelous, albeit not the exact same size tyre. What tyres do you have Camelspyder?
  20. Toledo IV Pics

Cool, nice Seat Family now :) Well wear with both.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.