Search results

1. Dave_Exeo

Any ideas, I'm at a loss

So long story short cars been in a minor bump and I convinced the body shop to change the nearside headlamp as it was scuffed from the bump. Body shop have installed a brand new genuine face-lift bixenon lamp. Problem is when they returned the car to me on my way home from work I noticed that...
  2. Dave_Exeo

Remapped but want more power, so what should i do next?

Aww man, worth the sacrifice for two daughters though. Ive got one of each, girl is the youngest of my two. It is gutting though to know you can afford it but have to prioritise lol. Im 30 next year and the fastest car I've owned so far is this or my MK4 GT Tdi 130 golf lol
  3. Dave_Exeo

Well I do a lot a motorway driving so accelerating up short slip ways for one reason but mainly for the sheer joy of it, plus if its petrol engine the sound as well. No sorry forgot to say ive got the diesel. Its not that im not happy with it just would still like more. Was thinking...
  4. Dave_Exeo

Dashcam best investment yet (Seat Dealership Service)

Shocking mate, and a appauling response from the manager
  5. Dave_Exeo

As title says really had my 143 remapped to around 170, but would love more power. Not sure on what my options are for more upgrades tbh
  6. Dave_Exeo

New ST Cupra 280- worth the wait!!!

That's gorgeous. I either need to stop looking at this forum or find a winning lottery ticket
  7. Dave_Exeo

Calling all Cupra 280 owners

Oh no am not bothered about MPG overall, but its handy to know that if your tight for cash one week and drive sensible then you can still manage to get to work and back lol. Joys of having wife, two kids and a mortgage. Before any one says you live to your means, my car is my one luxury in...
  8. Dave_Exeo

What a sound!!! Cupra ST 280 DSG

Now that's a lovely sight :seatgod:
  9. Dave_Exeo

Wow im impressed. I do 15 miles each way trips to work 6 days a week and normally top that up to 200-250 miles over the weekend with family. My commute to work is 90% dual carriage way and 10% country roads all at national speed limits, only down side is have to sit for ages to get off estate at...
  10. Dave_Exeo

VW massaging emission figures

Yeah makes sense I suppose. Although can you really see a compensation scheme being rolled out? To me it will be we've fixed the problem here ya go kind of thing
  11. Dave_Exeo

Whats the real life MPG like? I know its not a normal question to ask for a car like these, but I may have the opportunity to purchase a massively discounted DSG ST and get rid of my diesel exeo. It cost what it costs to run, but don't wanna change cars and find I cant afford to fuel the cupra
  12. Dave_Exeo

My local seat, Audi, Skoda and VW dealers (all lightcliffe group) are currently offering any one with a affected diesel full market value on trade in against any new or ex demo car until end of this month. Not sure if any other dealers are offering the same. what would you call full market...
  13. Dave_Exeo

Its gotta be what they are planning on doing to "fix" the problem, but will leave us out of pocket in terms of power. I too have a remap from BHP-UK though. The dealer whos a mate of mine is gonna take the map off before it goes in so its back to standard. But hes confirmed the old remap wont...
  14. Dave_Exeo

Just had a thought, I'm no mechanic but the only way I can see a engine that wasn't able to past the required standards with out a defeat device fitted to suddenly start being able to meet them is to enable the defeat device to be constantly switched on as opposed to only being active under test...
  15. Dave_Exeo

Surely Seat should inform us of any performance changes before they do the work
  16. Dave_Exeo

Just checked my 2012 62 reg 143 sport tech ST and I have a affected engine, suppose I just have to sit and wait now to see what happens when they contact me. Bit gutted as I've just payed to have a remap installed last month lol. Quite like decadant's idea about being offered better trade in...
  17. Dave_Exeo

BiXenon bulbs

Any one ever bothered changing the standard bixenon bulbs for some different ones? Was tempted to maybe go for a more bluer tint over the standard ones.
  18. Dave_Exeo

Cupra 280 exhaust noise

Cupra 280 DSG ST is on my next car wish list but passed one the other day down the dual carriage way and it was so quiet, no noticeable exhaust tone at all, even when we both came off and stopped at a roundabout it was still so quiet. My brother has a 2015 S3 and even in eco mode it has a...
  19. Dave_Exeo

Remap and then possible break upgrade? Should I go for it?

Well took the dive and had it done. Am really impressed with the balanced map that BHP-UK did for me. So much smoother and it just pulls right through the revs. Should hopefully see some better MPG figures aswell. Would highly recommend these guys.
  20. Dave_Exeo

Remap and then possible break upgrade? Should I go for it?

Hmm might have to take the plunge and get it done. I'm going for a BHP UK remamp through a garage we know at work. Seems like normal power and torque gains for what every one else is quoting.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.