Search results

1. Jaytee

Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

Hi n_olympios, Yes, through the OBD port, just like any other diagnostic or firmware update of the vehicle. Just be insistent that they: a: check your existing version no. b: check out what the current version is. Your head unit change should not make any difference to the process, as...
  2. Jaytee

Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

I had the BT kit updated on my 55 reg (Dec 2005) Toledo in around 2007? Atthat time I had to convinc e them that an update was available, they checked and then ordered it from SEAT. John.
  3. Jaytee

auto option on ST ?

I was told by the sales director at ******* in St Albans that there definitely will not be an auto option. That's why I now have a nice shiny black Skoda Octavia L&K Estate TDi DSG. John.
  4. Jaytee

SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List

As previous posters have mentioned, it might be worth doing an update to your Nokia 5800. You can do this yourself using updater and PC Suite. Also, not sure how old your car is, but, it might be worth trying to get an update to the bluetooth kit in the car. Mine is a Dec 2005 and I have...
  5. Jaytee

SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List

Add these: Nokia E66 & E75 - full functionality (phonebook autmatic download) John.
  6. Jaytee

Toledo Altea Multi Function Display

Just a thought, You can only access this function whislt you are stationary! John.
  7. Jaytee

Timing/ cam belt change

My Toledo 2.0TDi Sport DSG is now on 77k miles and due it's next serice in 1k. (it will be 4yrs old in Dec.) Timing belt change is definitely at 80k miles or 4 years and mine is still intact! What is a bit worrying, eben though mine is a co. car is that the 8ok service with cambelt has been...
  8. Jaytee

Toledo Repair Costs

Hi Googies, Thanks for your reply. First - I usually post in Altea section as Toledo 5P is basically a Altea with a "big arse" and Altea section has an active readership! Noted on the service costs - my Toledo is a co. car normally replaced at 3 years, but due to fiancial situation I am...
  9. Jaytee

Toledo Repair Costs

Just had my Toledo TDi 70k mille service at cost of £234.69 inc. 2 new front wiper blades. Service was done by ******* in St Albans and they didn't even wash the car, though they did hoover it out and adjust the drivers door hinge without any charge! Also, I enquired about cost of 80k mile...
  10. Jaytee

CD Multi Changer/Ipod Connection

Confirmed - MP3 on h.u front panel only signifies that it can handle mp3 files on a cd. You will need an adaptor on the CD changer port as I described above to get aux audio input. John.
  11. Jaytee

CD Multi Changer/Ipod Connection

Hi Shaun, You should be able to. I have the MP3 head unit in my Toledo (55 reg) and I did not opt for the CD multichanger with the specific aim to use iPod. The head unit should have a CD changer port (min quadlock type). You can then use either a Dension Icelink that plugs into this...
  12. Jaytee

Car alarm and dogs??

Not on my 2005 (Dec) Toledo either. Double button press it has to be - shame it also removes the deadlocking feature, but there you go. John.
  13. Jaytee

Altea Common Problems

My Toledo (basically an Altea!) Replacement cruise control stalk (faulty batch at time?) Uneven trye wear (wrong wheel alignment camber/castor from factory) Porous cylinder head with resultant slow rate coolant loss (not unheard of prob with 2.0TDi) Noisy Turbo unit (common problem across...
  14. Jaytee

Closure Of Watford And New Southgate Branches

I agree - I always found the Watford service staff really helpful and accomodating. I didn't realise that Watford service had closed down until I went to check them out last night to find out why they hadn't returned my phone calls!:doh: Yes - their phone still rings and invites you to leave a...
  15. Jaytee

Tyre ? Rear bearings ? noise at low speed ?

Well, when my dealer (Watford SEAT) told me that SEAT would not do the alignment under warranty, they told me that they could send the car out to get it done - I said that in this circumstance, I didn't want to pay for their mark up/profit on the job and would take it direct! To be fair they...
  16. Jaytee

How do I remove the aerial?

If you want my opinion (which you may not!) - leave the original antenna on!! It looks better and will definitely work better than some crappy aftermarket silver thingy ;) John.
  17. Jaytee

Well, I wish you luck!! I also know my dealer, Watford SEAT very well, what with routine service plus a lot of warranty work (wheel bearing, cylinder head, turbo, seatbelt etc.) but still didn't get anywhere - do be fair, the dealer did try to process a claim with SEAT to no avail, then I...
  18. Jaytee

You can prepare any ammo you like, but your dealer will tell you to get the alignment checked and SEAT will NOT take any resposiblity for the cost of this or consequential loss of tyres, even though you car, like many others it seems (mine included), must have left the factory with incorrect...
  19. Jaytee

Bluetooth connectivity?

I use Nokia symbian OS phone (currently 6110 Navi) and have now got used to not having phonebook available on car BT unit. However, I understand that Nokia do a symbian phonebook utility that may correct this issue and allow phonebook download to bar by bluetooth - probably downloadable from...
  20. Jaytee

12 Volt positive from Ignition

Hi, I wouldn't be so sure that not having ign switch feed to the HFK is necessarily your problem. If it is a CK-7W and an early version, then you may get this message as some later phones may not be sup[ported by early CK-7W kit. However, it is good practice to use ign sense, the only ign...