Search results

1. Mnb68

Pd170 inlet manifold query

I'm nearly sure the swirl flaps are only on the pd170 not on the 140 but wouldn't be 100% on that and running a pd170 without flaps may be ok but it be shame to have it done and find out she doesn't run as well maybe some posters here have experience of having done this
  2. Mnb68

I havnt seen the results of a flap failure on a Leon but going by bmw threads it causes major damage . I personally don't see the benefit of removing the flaps and sealing off the end of the manifold as by the time all that's been done you could have spent as much as a decent replacement inlet .
  3. Mnb68

If you get an alloy one it will need to have swirl flaps also they are used to make the air tumble at lower rpm . Looking at the engine from front the hissing and soot would be concentrated on the left side of the inlet manifold . As with any repair sooner is always better than later it could...
  4. Mnb68

Hi My last fr had the same symptoms , the fr inlet has swirl flaps controlled by an actuator on the left hand side of the manifold . The seal where the control rod exits is prone to wear over time allowing pressure to escape leaves sooty residue mainly over the alternator area this would be...
  5. Mnb68

Best Lowering Springs for Leon Cupra R mk2

These are the pro kit is also look at the sportline also bear in mind the quoted drop is based on a std Leon if your tfsi is an fr the ride height is already lower by around 15mm this needs to be subtracted from the stated drop i.e. Pro kit states 30 (15 actual) sportline 50/40 (35/25)
  6. Mnb68

boost issues after cleaning egr??

I changed the inlet yesterday had the same issue of oil blowing out at where the actuator connects once it's leaking oil its leaking boost .. When I got the inlet off was lots of play in the swirl flap shaft its a time bomb if the shaft breaks it's mega damage ..I got an alloy inlet with the...
  7. Mnb68

boost issues after cleaning egr??

did you fit new gaskets to the manifold and egr could possibly be loosing boost due to air leak .. as a matter of interest what was your swirl flaps like (I'm assuming its a pd not a common rail
  8. Mnb68

wheel fitment

8.5 et 42 will be fine won't rub (225/35/19 tyre ) also i think i read the cupra has a slightly wider arch but can't say definitively I've got 8.5 x 19 et 40 front and 9.5x 19 et42 rear (slight stretch on tyres 215x35 front 225x35 rear car lowered on sportlines with no rubbing of any kind
  9. Mnb68

got an alloy manifold with the swirl flaps so pulled the old one off and id say I've dodged a bullet ! the shaft had serious play in it and the farthest flap from the actuator was ready to separate completely (car just about to turn 80k so not serious miles ) egr was well clogged too .. picked...
  10. Mnb68

hopefully that will continue lol I'm just getting all the info together before i pull the inlet off as I'm getting the oily deposit and air leaking from the swirl spindle where it exits the manifold and once I've it off for the sake of 50-60 quid gaskets and a used bkd manifold if there was no...
  11. Mnb68

any idea of the quality of the early alloy inlets with the flaps can get one of those but as its pre 2007 would have concerns on reliability
  12. Mnb68

hence the enquiry if this part(03g129713 inlet with no swirl flaps) can replace the bmn part(03g129711 inlet with swirl flaps ) as these are like hens teeth to get second hand and unless they are the AS version liable to suffer the same problems as the original AF VERSION BKD is the engine code...
  13. Mnb68

Have read loads of the threads about replacing the problematic inlet with swirl flaps with the pd140 version that doesn't have them .lots of can be done stories but no reports in how the car behaves so any answers to the below points much appreciated 1 does this mod throw any fault codes 2...
  14. Mnb68

Tyres, pressures and warning light

if your running on lower profile than standard fitment your pressures will prob need to be slightly higher i run 225/35/19 at 34 psi all round with no problems . the pressure sensor doesn't detect pressure just a difference in the rolling rate of the wheels so as pond as all are equal no sensor...
  15. Mnb68

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Yeah 19,s 9.5 rear 8.5 front lowered on eibach sportlines
  16. Mnb68

they are a staggered set of OEMS FS10 had looked at the original vossen cvt rims but megabucks
  17. Mnb68

with a serious shortage of sun over here in ireland me and the motor will just sit out and enjoy
  18. Mnb68

lowering springs

with eibach sportlines and 19's on 225/35 an et35 offset will sit the wheel ouside the arch but will rub over bumps and in dips at speeds over 40 have seen it advised here that ideal offset is 40-50 if you want to avoid rubbing .. like to hear of combinations and results with coilovers fitted...
  19. Mnb68

Will an ET38 rim fit my MK2 LCR?

Are you running stretch tyres ? 19x8.5 et 35 with 225/35/19 and eibach sportlines /stock shocks will defo give a slight rub in sharp dips /bumps
  20. Mnb68

pic request 19" alloys & eibach sportlines

These finish the wheels off well domed gel centre caps but hard to see the carbon fibre effect background can be made in any diameter to suit
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.