Search results

1. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

Not a update but hope to have one soon as it's going in 2moro But know do know gasket is defo leaking and crankshaft seal also loosing coolant and found a few other oil leaks aswell
  2. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

I'm not sure if there's oil low down will find out when it gets stripped down again which I don't have the money for but I'm hoping a going to court will help
  3. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

If that was the case why let it leave the garage they must know it will come back to bite them I'm praying it's only the cam seal causing the leak but I'm sure there gunna say that's not there fault as I asked it to be fixed not come out dripping with oil
  4. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

omg it would suck if both are leaking hg and seals
  5. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

I do have a update cam seal is leaking if it's the only leak not sure
  6. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

I was charged £85 for skimming and testing But they refused to tell who did it I guess they don't have to but would of like to known who ever try's to resolve this issue I'm gunna get them to note every possible issue causing it The garage got on my nerves blaming the gasket without looking at...
  7. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

Well the hg kit was eiring and the seals have Germany on them So must be the old ones so can you just remove a head like the how does it go for skimming and pressure testing with the head complete
  8. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

Ya done that I did notice it still has the original seal on so don't know the just must of removed the head as one even though cam seals and other seals was in the eiring hg kit Just can understand how a gasket can leak from new as all they kept saying was it was the cheap hg blah blah without...
  9. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

100% no bill looks like the head or seal but not 100% I've rulled out the cam cover and can't trace the drip other then where the drip appears to the right slightly it spent a totals of 9 days at the garage over 3 times for them just to rtv the cam gasket bottom and top so now will be taking it...
  10. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

Around 2 hours after a noticed oil leaking back of engine and over gearbox and from of engine the one at the rear stood out more after changing the cct gasket as that was the only oil leak left
  11. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

I didn't just threaten it went back 3 times but came back everytime leaking message after message what am I to do after they say no we will no longer work on it I have to take further action
  12. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

I've not carried out any work on the head
  13. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

Agreed but they had no issue with it
  14. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

Easyer said then done they won't even respond got a feeling I'll have to pay to resolve it then go to court
  15. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

It should of had the head skimmed and teasted I'm still waiting for the garage to get back to me there reading my messages just not responding
  16. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

I think I'm ok on that front it dosnt go up that far I've sent pics to garage giving them the option to repair I'm waiting on a response next step would be going to court
  17. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

The issue I have is I supplied the hg set and cam belt kit they took care of the rest where would I stand leagle wise I also took a pay no vat option but have a full message history to back it up
  18. Daveyseat

Head gasket oil leak?

Did the cam cover but still seems to leak Looks like it's coming from the right and I've been made aware it's rare for a new hg to leak oil externally unless it's a fitment issue ect So I'm leaning to the cam seal but as is cant traice it to there
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.