Search results

1. Cupra depreciation

Warrington Seat are flying cupras out for peanuts. Soon cupras will be like the Golf R, S3, must see at least a dozen of these a day. When did people hate owing their car. I30N may be the way to go lol .... or electric
  2. Cupra depreciation

They claim the new Cupra brand will be more exclusive , just have to wait and see if they live up to it
  3. Cupra depreciation

When buying mine I estimated my Leon 280 would be worth around £14k after 3-4 years old and I thought it would be easier to sell., say compared to my last car Megane R26 (that was a real niche market). Cupras with similar spec and mileage are going for around that now but who’s going to pay a...
  4. Cupra exhaust popping and banging

My 280 exhaust is far to quiet even tunnel blasts are uneventful. Can hear the thunder claps but when standing behind the car but not when driving. Considering a resonator and muffler delete pipe as soon as they come into stock !
  5. New lease --> Ceramic Coating. Where? Who? What?

I’ve self applied Gyeon MOHs after polishing and it offers great gloss. I’ve had it about a year and is easier to wash , only needs topping up with an easy to apply sealant (Gyeon Cure) every month or so and beads water better than most waxes. It doesn’t make dust stick to it like a wax and does...
  6. Calling Cupra experts

If you appreciate a more involved drive then definatley go manual the performance difference is negligible. The clutches are fine in standard power and haven’t given me any issues in 3 years and 25k but if you decide to go stage 1 then expect to uprate the clutch at around £800. You also...
  7. Question about tires

With all that CUPRA power and performance you’ll need some decent matching rubber . At very least tyres should have matching pairs on either the front or rear axles but ideally the same in all 4 corners. Mainly because you won’t get to enjoy the true performance of the car and secondly as most...
  8. Need to switch off Actuator

I thought about unplugging mine but the car is too quiet without it imo so thought better of it . I guess you can’t have refinement and real sporty engine notes!
  9. Cuppa 290 BE Stolen!!!

That sucks to hear but provided you and the family are unharmed that’s the main thing. It’s odd tho I never expected Cupras to be targeted for theft , I always thought them being understated, cheaper and more subtle made criminals go after premium hatches like S3s and A45s where they could make...
  10. Glass scratch but not a scratch as such

You’ll need some ceriglass polish , aDA or rotary polisher with a glass polishing pad to stand a chance. Hard work tho
  11. Carbon clean

Yeah I was originally looking to have a carbon clean carried out to get rid of the sluggish acceleration but then someone recommended changing the air filter . It feels better now - thought seat would change these as part of their regular service especially on performance model !!
  12. Carbon clean

Not even that mate - 6 bolts took me 2 mins
  13. Carbon clean

So I changed the filter today - decided to get a pipercross and the sluggishness has gone. Nice - thanks. All. easy to change, the old one was filthy . Can't believe It hasn't been changed in the 3 services its had - seriously question why i bother with main dealer .
  14. Has anyone timed their Leons 0-60?

Yeah and I've been getting a similar time if 6.5s. Its so hard to put the power down ...
  15. Carbon clean

Yeah it's main dealer serviced . Sounds like a plan , where's it located in the engine bay - assume it's easy self fit .
  16. Carbon clean

I've noticed the Cupra (280) is feeling a little sluggish under acceleration recently, almost like it's down on power. It's been serviced recently well maintained and looked after but either I'm just used to the power or there's something wrong ! Note it's only done 23k , 3 years old . I've...
  17. Anyone else bored by their cupra?

The reliability of them wasn't great - mine never really gave me major problems but it usually had a small niggle . Don't get that with the Cupra . Trade off I guess - quality over excitement . TBH I can't see me going back to Renault sport anytime soon .
  18. Anyone else bored by their cupra?

Yeah I came from an R26 and used to just go out for a drive in that and love it. I still drive the Cupra in the same way as it's just as capable and fast but it does lack a bit of excitement. Then again what will compare to the missile sound of the R26 ???
  19. Cupra DSG or Manual

All personal preference , I tried the DSG on a test drive but didn't get on with it - it felt like an auto box with some manual input and you can't hang on to the gear at the upper rev range. Manual is more involving and you can't beat it on a nice open A road imo. And yes the dsg is more...
  20. High pitched buzzing noise when in Cupra mode

The best way to go about it is report the issue through seat website , they then recommend a dealer for you to visit and give you a reference number . They then have to look at it !
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise