Search results

1. OLDOILER

Web reload problems

Over the last week your web site has had a reload problem, none of the other web sites I visit appear to have this problem on my computer, have you made some web site changes ??
  2. OLDOILER

Vag warranty -issues june 2012 >

Just heard that has from June 2012 SEAT warranty will reject ANY WARRANTY if a car fails GDF Block checksum ? at service or other event [will pick up remaps etc.] and request the owner to foot the bill even if not related to the engine system !!! This was a request from VAG 5years ago across...
  3. OLDOILER

Front passenger seat belt warning

I'm sure my passenger seat belt warning signed worked before it went in for service - it sure worked when I had the Leon. ................. any one else noticed this ???
  4. OLDOILER

Battery test - SEAT Requested

Just had my 20k service and was advised that SEAT have issued a battery test ?? [ mine failed and only a year old@~! - trying to get Seat to pay for this one. ............] I wonder if this is a start of another problem of battery drain due to other electrical problems that may be lurking in...
  5. OLDOILER

Just got the car repaired

Had a low speed front OS shunt, 1st one for 10yrs ?!?! just got it back and could not beleive how much the repairs cost. new parts - bonnet, headlight assy, front bumper, a/c and water radiator, front sport grill paint. total £3,445.00 [ paint was £560.00 and labour was £880.00] I think I will...
  6. OLDOILER

duplicate phone adresses

Had this happen several times, when booted up through RNSE blue tooth any idea's ?? [also the listing was re sorted too !?@!] Just had a thought is it looking at both SIM and phone adress files ??
  7. OLDOILER

Wheel spacers

Just fitted 15mm CONCENTRIC wheel spacers all round [ used these on the last two Leons and Passat I had] It looks OK from the front but not too sure about the rear view - will post some pics when it stops raining. ...
  8. OLDOILER

Rear window heater elements

Just had my rear window replaced under warranty - lower three heater elements were u/s, and it affected the radio reception too.[ had to supply pictures showing the defective elements during demisting phase] Now when I switch the rear screen heater on the radio does not get interferance !!
  9. OLDOILER

sticky VAG Injectors VOSA LINK

Just lifted off the Audi Sport.net VOSA LINK: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/onlineser...cledefects.htm
  10. OLDOILER

EXEO SPORT 170ps WITH DTUK CRD+T09

Having had a host of remaps with my past cars I decided to use one of these new generation tuning boxes from DTUK, the CRD+T09 had 4 map profiles to play with & 28 turbo boost pressures! [ Had used one on a Fiat multi jet 1.3 - to great advantage, which I had taken off prior to selling my G...
  11. OLDOILER

Front bulb changes

It looks like the best way to access the bulbs is to remove the headlamp units !! cos the access panels were made for v little hands !! [ lots of little attachments in and around the access panels] does any one have a better solution??
  12. OLDOILER

Blue tooth connectivity

I have sat nav and Iphone built in, but I cannot appear to get a blue tooth connection for my other phones - I have assumed that EXEO DOES come with blue tooth ??!!? [ and yes I have looked in the hand book, bit like looking in a Windows hand book !!] Now got both phones working !!, had to do a...
  13. OLDOILER

Sat NNav, system

Can any one advise what type of system is fitted to the EXEO, FX system or RNS310? ??, because I may have a link for cheaper CD Updates
  14. OLDOILER

Model swop Leon FR - Exeo Sport

I'm considering swopping my FR Tsi for a Exeo sport 170 [28mpg v 43mpg??], but looking through the comments on here the real life mpg may not be has good as I was hoping for, or should I look for a 143hp. I know these engines like miles on them before they give good results etc. Also any DPF...
  15. OLDOILER

End of the 1.4 twin charger

So it does look like it will be dropped. ............................................................, sad but the bean counter's appear to have got there way ?? http://www.autocar.co.uk/forums/t/17266.aspx
  16. OLDOILER

So you think you know the power!!

Found this very interesting web site [for std build cars] and the way they carry out tests: http://www.rri.se/index.php?DN=29&List=U-Z
  17. OLDOILER

Cars fitted with hill hold - WARNING

Just came across info regarding pad changes on cars fitted with electronic hill hold [ instances have occurred were manual rewind of the caliper piston has caused damage to electronic device fitted to the caliper resulting in a £750.00 per side replacement!! - ALL rewinds are to be done via...
  18. OLDOILER

2010 Leon lighting

I have a 2010 plate FR Tsi , which has several factory fitted packs [lights are std not HID's] and when the lights are in "auto" mode ALL lights come on [sides, dipped & fog] - This never happened on my 56 plated FR only sides and dipped. The only way to get ride of this is to switch the light...
  19. OLDOILER

Leon FR tsi 2010 Plate

Have just gone to petrol FR after having a Diesel FR [short miles now!] and I'm amazed at the High temp of the O/S Front wing!! the N/S Front wing is relatively cool, where is all this heat coming from - co's I would have thought main radiator would have been ducted out below ??
  20. OLDOILER

Build Weeks - understanding them

Is there any way of understanding the build ticket that comes with a new car has to when the build week of car started. I have a plated March 2010 FR tsi but when was it actually built - I have assumed work back 6 wks delivery lead ??
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.