Search results

1. Installing Rear Indicator LEDs

Titchy, The bulbs I bought from Aliexpress had a DAB problem, which is why I want the ones you had. Do you know if anyone else had issues with that particular brand, Osram. Thanks for your time pal.
  2. Installing Rear Indicator LEDs

Have you still had no issues with the DAB interference please pal? I just bought some great lights but DAB is duff with them.
  3. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

Sorry Steve, I haven't noticed an increase in regen at all with the remap. The Chip is more brutal and raw and depending on the setting, it will cause more of an issue.
  4. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

Possibly true. Reason I am hesitant here is because I had my DPF cleaned in Nottingham for another reason (diagnostic one). Great place and cheap, done on the car. So I am not sure I may have swayed the evidence. Common sense says that what you say is true. I think it all depends on the trips...
  5. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

Conversation is dead now mate. There is a technical answer to your question, but it is technical. Involves flows, torque, turbine size, shaft speed, compressor/impeller size. As engine capacity is the same, your answer lies with those parameters. Good luck with your research.
  6. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

Sorry. Didn't get out for my pastimes this weekend. decided on the knob hunt. I have a few good ones going facebook at the moment. Back to work tomorrow.Ho hum.
  7. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

You really need to take a little more time to read. 1. I offered you to try my car. You can wave your own willy then as you please. 2. I even offered that you understand the difference of two different sized turbos on the same engine. 3. You are the one stating that it is beneath yourself to...
  8. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

I'm happy that you are content with your 184. That was the one I was going to get at first. I ended up with the higher spec and much smoother 150 (which is 197 and even smoother now). There seems to be a misunderstanding that the 184 is a different engine to the 150. It isn't. Only difference is...
  9. Roof bars

Again, it is whatever floats your boat. You compare Halfords with Thule. Personally I went for Whispbar. You only have to look at the aerodynamics of the Thule blocks to know they were not designed for efficiency, aesthetics or noise reduction. So it comes down to the same thing. Do you research...
  10. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

I only get 50 (ish) mpg overall. If I wanted to drive it to get any more, then I would have bought an eco car and follow grandad down the road. I do a huge mix of driving as I kayak and MTB and the other guys all have a varied range of cars. The one that usually beats me on mpg is a 1.6tdi golf...
  11. Roof bars

I did my research years ago when I had my A3. The best on the market are Whispbars. Superquiet. These have carried my kayaks and bikes for 4 years on the Leon. Never touched them and have had 4 huge creek kayaks up there. So quiet that I never remove them. You have the ST but on the 5 door...
  12. Roof bars

My Whispbars are excellent and look far better than the Thule ones. I think they are only £180. Obviously quiet too, even at naughty speeds. Scroll down on this page. They are actually cheaper than Thule. You need the S16's: https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?emulate=roofbar&query=8092
  13. How reliable are Seat Leon FR Diesels?

Had my 2.0 tdi 150 for 4 years. Seat changed the screen (wouldn't work properly when freezing), and also the fuel cap lock. That's it. Only done 48k now (nearly 6 years old). I have all receipts and MOT's. The only ever advisory was the oil mist on front dampers. Common problem, and Seat advised...
  14. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

It is a petrol version. Don't know much about them really but the 150ps 1.4 always seems interesting. The thing I like about diesels is that you can have mega push (high torque) in town and elsewhere without looking like a boy racer revving the backside out of the car. However, as with most...
  15. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

I think the leon MK3 is a massive jump in its' class. It is beautiful, and still has the best shape, lights and wheels. I adore mine (had it 4 years), even though I wanted the 184 first. I am not unhappy at all after trying a chip and then the smoothest remap I have ever had the chance to drive...
  16. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

I am not going to argue, having driven both A3 and Leon versions of the 184 many times. The 184 is gutsy but nowhere near as refined as the 150. Thanks for highlighting the strategy of Audi and Seat, who both sell huge amounts of 150's and few 184's. Makes sense that the weaker models need all...
  17. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

I have the 150. The engine revs much smoother than the 184 because the turbo-to-engine design is better. The brakes are good and the back suspension is only noticeably different if you force some corners (it will skip more, but you have to push). Bigger brakes and multilink rear sus is better...
  18. Stock tires are rubbish in rain

I got rid of my conti sport 5's. They were OK but noisy, firm and can't trust in the wet (slipped a few times under heavy brakes). They wear quick too. I then got my favourite tyres Vredestein. This time I bought Vortis. They are slightly wider for the same quoted size, protect the rims and have...
  19. Burning Smell!

Did you ever find out what this was as I have the same thing. TA
  20. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Silles, I did ask for the update, but I think it is a total waste of money. Mapcare, the link you sent, is for the US. Updates in the UK must be bought at a dealership.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.