Search results

1. Has anybody handed their car back at the end of a PCP?

Most PCP's have a GFV (guaranteed future value) which is agreed by the Finance Company at the start of the contract, this means that at the end of the contract period you can give the car back and walk away or use any positive equity (if any) to put towards a new deposit on PCP etc. I imagine...
  2. Leaving the Seat marque

With all the latest crossovers coming out it's sometimes down to what you want out of a car, I wanted a petrol engined crossover with a decent amount of power and the Tiguan fitted the bill, I don't have the garage problem as it's full up with tools and all sorts of crap. The smaller crossovers...
  3. Leaving the Seat marque

Driving the Leon was no problem and didn't have any back ache on longish journeys it was just getting in and out where the low slung seating put a strain on my knees, my wife was also struggling getting in and out so the car had to go. Prior to the Leon I had 3 Ford Kuga's which were fine on the...
  4. Leaving the Seat marque

So today I have sold my Seat Leon FR 150ACT after 21 months of ownership, I really enjoyed the driving and the power from the superb 1.4 turbo engine but knackered knees and back problems meant that I needed a higher seating position. I looked at the Ateca with the same engine but expensive...
  5. Leon FR Key Battery

I had the message come up a few days ago so thought I had better change the battery in the main key fob as I was selling my car today and didn't want any problems showing up when they appraised the car. Takes approx 30 seconds to change and that included dropping the battery and scrabbling...
  6. New Ateca

I was interested in the 1.4TSI but after investigating Lease costs decided to opt for a VW Tiguan 1.4TSI ACT SE NAV which worked out much cheaper, was originally told 12 weeks for a factory order but it's looking at more like 10 weeks from ordering 7th November 2016 to expected delivery around...
  7. Help with buying a leon 1.4tsi fr

Not sure if you would be interested but I will be selling my March 2015 Leon FR 150 ACT in the next month or so, car is a 5door hatchback in Monsoon Grey with 18inch Performance Alloys, Convenience Pack and a space saver spare. Car has the Tech pack fitted and has a full Seat service history...
  8. Ownership method

I know this a Poll thread but I did add my details earlier on 0% finance deal for 3 years, this gave me an extra £1k off the new car for taking out finance plus I got at least another £3k off by using CarWow. However, in the 20 months I have owned my car the value has dropped by £5750 at least...
  9. Leasing- Good, bad or ugly?

All the dealers now use a combination of CAP/Glasses and WBAC when valuing trade ins, I was told this when approaching different dealers when I bought the Leon, I also looked at high spec Focus Titaniums but even with Ford Privilege discount I couldn't get anywhere near the deal for the...
  10. Leasing- Good, bad or ugly?

I have been following this thread for quite a while, unfortunately I didn't get on the cheap Cupra deal but as an example I bought my 2015 1.4 ACT FR on the 0% finance deal using £15K deposit that I had in my old car. Despite having very low mileage (less than 4K miles) my car according to WBAC...
  11. New Ateca

So I had a test drive in the Ateca today, SEAT has opened a new style shop in the Lakeside Shopping Centre in Thurrock, apparently the thinking behind it is that it's a departure from the normal Dealer experience. All the SEAT range is available to test drive for an hour with or without a SEAT...
  12. Seat lakeside

Funny enough I was in Lakeside this afternoon and saw that they had a Ateca in their showroom and had a good look at it, very impressed, it looks just like the car for me and even the wife was impressed so much so that she said why don't you change your Leon for one of these. Having had 3 Ford...
  13. 1.4 TSI - super unleaded?

I always use Tesco Momentum 99, runs really well with no flat spots, both wife and daughters Fiesta's also use it again with no flat spots.:D
  14. Ownership method

I entered as Manufacturer Finance but only because the deal was £1000.00 off if you took out finance and to cap it all 0% finance for 3 years so no brainer, I will own the car after the 3 years or if I decide to change it will just pay off the finance balance. I really fancy the new Ateca but...
  15. VW502.00 Oil

I apologise, this is my first Seat, I looked at the hand book to see what oil was required and thought 502.00 was the correct one, saw the offer in Costco and thought it was a good deal so thought I would let people know. I now know that Castrol Edge Titanium 5W-30 LL FST covers both 504.00 and...
  16. VW502.00 Oil

As far as I know it hasn't used any oil in the first year of ownership but I covered less than 3000 miles, overall it is cheaper to buy a larger quantity, I probably won't use much but I bought an expensive lawnmower with a Honda engine which also takes the same oil so I can use it in that. It...
  17. VW502.00 Oil

Why do they make this so complicated!! Despite Opie oils stating initially that 507.00 spec is for diesels it contradicts itself when you read more info that says it can be used in both diesel and petrol LOL I have since checked again that despite Seat stating in the handbook that 502.00...
  18. VW502.00 Oil

Let's just get this straight: 502.00 is for fixed service intervals - petrol 504.00 is Long Life variable - petrol 507.00 is variable/long life for most diesel engines except for V10, R5 and VW commercial vehicles without DPF. So if you have 507.00 in your 1.8 TSI I would suggest...
  19. VW502.00 Oil

I checked the Opie Website before buying, cost from them is £39.98 for the same product, I bought 4 litres for topping up, my car is on a Seat Fixed price service plan for 3 years so don't intend to do any oil changes myself as I only do low mileage.
  20. VW502.00 Oil

If anybody needs to buy any oil with the above VW spec Costco have a special offer at the moment, Castrol Edge 5W 40 FST - 4 litres for £25.90 incl vat. The can has the old style branding but is a good deal.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.