Search results

1. devonmikeyboy

2.0 tdi misfire

Injector loom are known to break up over time and cause this sort of problem.
  2. devonmikeyboy

Valentine 1 query

The V1 is still the best radar detector on the market. Laser detectors are pointless.
  3. devonmikeyboy

Which Clutch ?

If you want a more quiet SMF you could try the new Southbend clutch system which has been getting good reviews. Give Ryan an email http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/brands/SouthBend.html
  4. devonmikeyboy

what turbo is on my pd130 ibiza

Yes it will fit. The turbo and manifold are usually kept as one piece. Is the turbo from another PD130 as a GT1749V is just a turbo internal wheel diameter spec and comes in many different sizes and fitments.
  5. devonmikeyboy

what turbo is on my pd130 ibiza

The turbo on the Seat Ibiza PD130 can be a KKK KP39 or BV39 or a Garret GT1749VA. Most Seat Ibiza PD130`s came with a KP39. Yes you can use a turbo from a Golf if you want and the Garret unit is better...
  6. devonmikeyboy

Clutch after Remap

PD150 and PD130 have the same clutch. Only difference in the engine is a slightly different turbo size inlet and outlet plus stronger map.PD130 turbo can be either a Garret or KKK depending on make/model. Garret is stronger. Standard clutch is rated at 300 lb torque.
  7. devonmikeyboy

How much extra bhp?

Just because the turbo spools quicker making the car accelerate faster doesn`t mean the car has any more peak bhp or torque, all that has been done is the power comes in sooner. If you have not changed the map the fuelling,boost etc will be the same and kept in the same parameters as before...
  8. devonmikeyboy

Darkside Developments

Ryan is a good honest bloke that sells stuff that works.
  9. devonmikeyboy

Bkd tuning. Hybrid, Decat, clutch etc.

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-gtb-turbo-kit-for-2-0-16v-tdi-bkd.html
  10. devonmikeyboy

Gearbox Failure - Gearbox Code Needed

GUC is the gearbox code 02M is the gearbox type
  11. devonmikeyboy

PD 130 150 160 Tuning

Until you start to run more then 300 bhp or 400 lb + torque you don`t need to even think about uprated rods.
  12. devonmikeyboy

Looking to buy a ibiza tdi cupra 160 but have a technical question!! Please help!

All 1.9 PD 130/150/160 heads can suffer from this. The 2.0 PD heads where changed. Only a very minor percentage got this issue.
  13. devonmikeyboy

Open Cone Filter

Will make no differance. The engine will be getting the air that ECU requests. Stage 2 map don`t mean crap and is a money maker for the tuning companies. If you want more power fit a hybrid turbo.
  14. devonmikeyboy

Helix single mass kit

SMF rattle like a bitch on a diesel engine. Nothing you can do about it.
  15. devonmikeyboy

Hybrid Turbo Advice

The car will not drive very well but perfectly safe thing to drive it to AMD as the ECU will just go into limp mode before any damage gets done.
  16. devonmikeyboy

tuning my pd140 seat leon mk2

Manifold is designed different so downpipe doesn`t line up and as it is basically the same turbo with some slight modification no point.
  17. devonmikeyboy

tuning my pd140 seat leon mk2

How much power do you want and just as important how much money are you will to spend.
  18. devonmikeyboy

Leon PD140 - Turbo Replacement

Was this a new turbo or an old turbo that had been made into a hybrid? I think i am right in saying Turbo Dynamics don`t make hybrid turbo`s from old VNT17 units any more as they had so many problems with them.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise