Search results

1. Luckypants

Electric Mii

Pricing announced last Friday.... How much!!???? https://www.seat.co.uk/new-cars/mii-electric/overview.html https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-seat-mii-electric-priced-%C2%A319300-uk
  2. Luckypants

diesel ST engine noise

In my DSG (7-speed) 70mph works out to be about 2100RPM. At that speed there is a thrum from the engine you notice.
  3. Luckypants

diesel ST engine noise

Yes, I found it to be a little noisy at 70. But that may be because overall wind and road noise is well suppressed. The only thing I found noticeable above the engine drone was a bit of wind noise from the door mirrors. To be honest after some long motorway trips to Scotland and France, although...
  4. Luckypants

Bye Bye Leon.

It was a bit of a toss up between the KAROQ and an Octavia Scout. In the end the Karoq won out for the higher driving position. SEAT Ateca was discarded as to hard on the road.
  5. Luckypants

Bye Bye Leon.

The Leon was returned to the lease company last week. Its been a great little car that's performed every task asked of it. The 1.6TDi motor has been frugal whilst providing enough shove for us. This has been the most economical car I've ever had, with a genuine 56.4 mpg average over 47K miles...
  6. Luckypants

Attention anyone due to collect new car!!

Sounds like this is the same issue that has led to the 'phone box' being deleted from Skoda Karoqs from last week.
  7. Luckypants

7 Speed DSG - Leon TDi

I have been driving quite a lot of DSG configurations recently, test driving new cars. I have not been able to detect a difference in a DSG-6 to the DSG-7 in my 1.6TDi. The DSG-7 box used in the 4x4 variants (Ateca / Superb / Karoq) is very smooth in my opinion, best of all the ones I've tried...
  8. Luckypants

Rear tail lights always on

This was the first mod I did to mine, seems pointless having front DRLs but the rears off. Glad to see SEAT following my lead :rofl:
  9. Luckypants

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Does not surprise me. My 1.6TDi DSG has averaged 56.5 mpg for the 43K miles I have had it. On a 2.5K mile foray into France we averaged 61.5 mpg sitting at 80 on cruise control on the motorway for the most part. (except the UK bit). Most economical car I've ever had.
  10. Luckypants

Sat nav update please

A 62 plate Leon is a 2nd generation (MkII) Leon and will have a different sat-nav update mechanism to the 3rd generation Leon being talked about in this forum. Try the MKII Leon forum here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136. The search function is likely to be your friend.
  11. Luckypants

Sat Nav help

Go in to sat-nav mode, press the 'voice command' button on the steering wheel, say 'Navigation Announcements On' when prompted. If that doesn't work, go in to settings for the sat-nav and check that previous owner has not turned down the announcement volume to 0.
  12. Luckypants

Advice on abandoned car on my drive

Did the owner give any reason for leaving it in your parking space?
  13. Luckypants

Personal leasing - some daft questions

Oh, I think I get it - the lease company expects to get the full value of the lease back?
  14. Luckypants

Why? If the car was written off, then it's valuation by the insurance company and lease company should surely be the same - using similar valuation tables? No loan to purchase has been made, so there is no 'gap' between write off value and outstanding loan? I don't understand what 'gap' the Gap...
  15. Luckypants

Purchase of Leased vehicle

Yes to all of the above. Before the BIK tax changes the price was OK compared to PCH for similar mileage. Now, not so much. There is a lot of options on the car, which I now realise is very expensive on a lease. I have learned a lesson. I won't be buying it, my original post was poking fun at...
  16. Luckypants

How did your seat deal with the snow

Our 1.6Tdi DSG was poor to be honest. I managed to turn off traction control and stick it in M2 to get up the hill to us, but barely got going after the numpty in front (in a 4x4!) paniced and stopped. The Conti SP5 tyres are rated as piss poor in snow by AutoExpress, I have to agree. As its a...
  17. Luckypants

Would any non-Cupra drivers like to post in here of any recent deals they have found/taken?
  18. Luckypants

Purchase of Leased vehicle

This must be the most expensive way possible of buying a car! My Leon is a company lease and comes to an end at the end of March 2018. The lease was a good deal when I took it on due to tax and NI savings, but has become less and less competitive as time went on. I will have paid around £18K...
  19. Luckypants

Cupra lease maintenance

I've not been quoted for a Cupra, but maintenance on the Mercedes I fancied was £60 a month for 3year 12K pa deal. Two services and maybe 4 tyres they want me to pay £2160 to cover it.... I've decided on a PCH maintenance is not worth it. If you're worried about paying a bill, put £30 a month...
  20. Luckypants

Leon ST FR 184ps man OR Leon ST Excellence 184 PS man

I think the biggest thing you would notice is the suspension. The FR has 'sports' suspension and Xcellence has 'comfort' suspension, I've driven both and could not live with the fidgety, hard ride in the FR. I specced an SE with loads of extras for my last car due to wanting comfort suspension...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.