Search results

1. The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

That's good to know, I don't like how early it cuts out sometimes. Still doesn't explain the mystery stopping of the exhaust pops as I press the disable button when the car is started.
  2. The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

That's strange. All of my cupra's have had start-stop enabled in cupra mode, once the engine is warm.
  3. The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

It will start/stop once you are up to temperature and are not using air con or heated seats at once; if the power draw is too great, the engine will stay on. I don't know what being up to temp has to do with anything. I can hear the crackles instantly when I turn the car on. Also happened on a...
  4. The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

My Copra is now 4 weeks old and on 1000 miles. I still maintain that this Copra is far louder than my 66 plate 290 black edition. Either I had a unicorn 290black which was very quiet, or my Copra is the exception to the rule and is very loud. When warm, my 290black with start-stop would be...
  5. Why does my Cupra change driving mode itself?

That's the weird thing, when it behaves I can toggle between D S and M as many times as I want. When I bring it back into M and overrun it, it'll pop. When it's doing this weird behaviour it doesn't matter what mode it's in, it won't pop. I'll change the mode to comfort and back to cupra, and...
  6. Why does my Cupra change driving mode itself?

Not my issue. I know the engine reverts to normal mode when the car is off. My car stops exhaust pops during driving.
  7. Why does my Cupra change driving mode itself?

Hi all, I took delivery of a new Copra 290 a few weeks ago. It's my first DSG and I've noticed something really annoying with it. On my old manual Cupra, I'd turn the car on and then change the driving mode to Cupra. Pops and bangs from the exhaust until I turn the car off. With my new car...
  8. Manual gearbox Cupra, no more, where do I look next?

I just had my first DSG car, a 290 Copra, delivered on Friday. I've always been a "DSG's are for ladies, men drive manual." After one weekend with the car, I don't think I'd ever choose manual over DSG again.
  9. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

It is. On my old 290, the overrun was more of a "crackle." On the Copra, the overrun is more of a thud. Sounds A LOT better.
  10. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Scratch that! Took the car onto a very smooth bit of road, back windows down and the pops at 3k overrun are far meatier than my old 290. The exhaust on the Copra sounds so much better. All the worry is unwarranted. To get the soundaktor out, open the bonet and there's a piece of rectangular...
  11. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Took delivery of my 290 Copra yesterday. Immediately unplugged the soundaktor before even starting the car. It's definitely a lot more throaty than my 290 black edition. Exhaust is definitely louder. I'm expecting after a few thousand miles I'll get the firecracker overrun like I did on my old...
  12. Manual vs dsg pops bangs?

280 and 290 have different exhausts I think. When I first start my car, the first round of crackles within 10 seconds are firecracker loud. Then they become quieter.
  13. Manual vs dsg pops bangs?

What? My 290 BlackEd manual bangs and pops like nobodies business. Hard acceleration, on gear change, I get a very short fart. On overrun, it crackles like hell. I'm extremely worried by 290 DSG Copra coming on Friday is going to be absolutely silent.
  14. Cupra 290 judder

14k on mine and the clutch is more slippery than SEAT's customer service wiggling out of warranty work.
  15. Whats fuel economy like in your new Copras?

Anybody can get 40mpg sitting at 50mph. The OP said he was sitting at 70 and wanting better than 34.8
  16. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Seriously this. It says it in the bloody manual for christ sake!
  17. Whats fuel economy like in your new Copras?

You won't get much better than that. Mine is on 15k miles and sees those figures.
  18. NEW 2019 Curpa 290 ez.. No DSG bangs or pop whatsoever!

Thanks for the guide. Should I cover the connectors? So they don't get damaged by any water ingress?
  19. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Here's the deal I've managed to get. Please contact Jade directly through the email here, as she's the one that's sorted out the price listed, after an hour or two of haggling. She's also extremely quick at replying if you want to change mileage/payment etc. [email protected]...
  20. SEAT Stop Cupra Production

I imagine the car will be identical to a 300, but down on power though? The 10 ps and torque doesn't bother me as the 290 I have now is more than enough power.