Search results

1. It's the little things

Not a lot that bugs me really so far. Agree with the electric window button placement. I use a key fob thing to get into the work car park and every time I go to use it I end up lowering the rear windows first! Handbrake position is annoying but I can live with it. My mother in law has...
  2. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Not too bad. Would only be interested in the front and mirrors so should be quite a bit less than that. Whereabouts did you get it done as I'm not too far from you I don't think?
  3. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I've been thinking of getting this done myself, as well as the wing mirrors. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
  4. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Not today, but at he weekend I fitted the fan washer jets that I'd ordered from eBay. Took about 30secs to do and a huge improvement! Also gave it a good wash using some new gear that I'd bought (new wash mit, grit guards and drying towls), then gave it a good wax. Looks lovely now!
  5. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

This is the only thing I dislike about my white Leon. Within an hour of washing it, just a quick drive to the shops makes it look like a speckled mess again. I've also got a Honda CRV which is dark grey, and although I can tell it's dirty, the colour does tend to hide a multitude of sins!
  6. Leon help

I bought a white FR back in April. Wish I'd gone for the body kit now as I think it looks awesome. When I eventually come to get a new one it'll be the first options box I tick.
  7. Alternative way to fold mirrors

I believe that you can change it via VDCS so that the mirrors fold up on a single press of the key button. So no holding it down. Need to get mine changed as it bugs me having to hold it down for 3 seconds.
  8. Technology Pack

Technology Pack is LED lights, DAB radio and Sat Nav I believe. As mentioned above, the auto lights is part of the Convenience Pack along with auto wipers.
  9. Anyone remapped their 150 TDI yet?

I assume this is something you would need to notify your insurance company about? If so, what affect did it have on your premiums? Same questions for anyone that's had one of the DTUK boxes fitted also. I'm quite keen to have one or the other done, but don't really want it to have a...
  10. Leon FR 2.0 tdi 150 (manual) Performance disappointing

I've got a FR 150 and find it more than quick enough for my needs. It's certainly no Cupra but for what I use it for, which is commuting down the M40 everyday, it's a great car. It's by no means lightening off the line but it's no slouch either and has enough low down grunt to accelerate hard...
  11. VAG Com in Oxford area?

Hi mate, yeah that could be doable. I'm actually in Bicester which is obviously nearer to Northampton anyway, so only about 45mins I guess. Wouldn't be too much of an effort to drive over there. I'm pretty busy for the next few weekends as off on hols next week, but if you drop me a PM with...
  12. What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

Thanks for the advice. Luckily the VW dealership and Seat are all on the same motorpark, so I'll go between the two to get the best price. As for the cornering lights, I've got the full LED lights so not bothered about them really, although I do have them on my Honda CRV and and do find them...
  13. What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

I don't have the winter pack so looking at the more expensive ones if I wanted heated I guess. I live near Oxford. I've created a thread in that section so I'll see if anything comes up as would obviously prefer to do it for beer tokens rather than cold hard cash!
  14. What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

Thanks corfyboy. Do you have any idea as to how much they cost? Also, I know the answer will probably be a big fat no, but I don't suppose the dealer would hook my car up to VCDS and make the other changes for me?
  15. VAG Com in Oxford area?

Just purchased my Leon 2.0TDi FR and looking to do a few of the mods to it, in particular the following: Rear wiper wipe on reverse Needle sweep Mirrors fold on lock Fan washers Carbon background on media unit And maybe a few others. Is there anyone in the Oxford area that could...
  16. What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

Thanks Ocularis! Yeah that sounds like a big improvement and one that is actually worth having, rather than one that just looks cool like the needle sweep. Now to find someone that can do it all for me!
  17. What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

Ok, heard this mentioned a few times around here, what exactly does this do? I'm interested in a few of the mods, in particular the following: Dial sweep Mirrors auto folding Rear wiper on reverse Carbon backgrounds Lap timer Fuel to fill No idea about the best way of doing it...
  18. What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

I'm quite new to the idea of using VAG COM software to changing the settings on the car. Some of the things that you've mentioned I'd be interested in also, in particular the door mirrors, rear wiper in reverse, pointer sweep. However I'm not sure what a few of the things you've listed...
  19. What do you all do for a job

IT Services Consultant for a large ERP software company.
  20. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

My folks live in Plymouth and I quite enjoy the drive down there. I do M4, M5 then A38 though so maybe not quite so scenic. I sometimes do the A303 though and then up the A34. Usually I only get to do it in the family wagon though (Honda CRV) so would love to get off the M'ways in the new FR...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.