Search results

1. DaveChill

Dents in the Leon's roof

Think I could liase with SEAT UK re the quality of the roof's metal. Or is it just a case of tuff luck ?
  2. DaveChill

Dents in the Leon's roof

Guys Washed my Leon at the weekend and found that the roof is full of 5p sized dents [:@] They seem to be in the metal, there is no paint damage. I am abit OCD with my car and its the first time I have seen this. The only thing I can think that would have caused it is the extreme hail...
  3. DaveChill

Thule Roof Bars for Leon SC

Doug, Looking at getting some bars, worried about the damage to the paint. Did you get the vinyl patches as a kit from somewhere, or DIY'd them ? Cheers Dave
  4. DaveChill

Leon for Towing / Towbar

So one quick question Damien, You was in the same position as me regarding setup. I am guessing that you had the following :- Whitter Tow Bar fitted Westfalia Electrics Some changes in the coding with VCDS (Or SEAT direct) Was anything else required ?? Reason I ask is the SEAT...
  5. DaveChill

Leon for Towing / Towbar

Thats most helpful Thanks
  6. DaveChill

Leon for Towing / Towbar

Yeah the chaps number would be must helpful. Also, I dont have a caravan yet, been looking at ones with a maximum weight of around 1200 Kgs with a plan not to load more than 1150 Kgs There are only a limited number of models at this sort of weight. Can I ask what model of caravan you...
  7. DaveChill

Leon for Towing / Towbar

Also Damien The electrics your selling. Are they bought from SEAT or WITTER ? I dont think I have any PRE wired fitted at the factory at least I didnt order like that. so will need it fully wired back to front. Cheers
  8. DaveChill

Leon for Towing / Towbar

Damien Thanks also for your help. I have the 184 diesel so going on your experience I should hopefully have no issues with power too. I am in Sheffield too, can I ask where you got yours fitted ? Cheers Dave
  9. DaveChill

Leon for Towing / Towbar

Conal Thanks alot, your help was both useful and reassuring. I have been looking at the best tow bar with the smallest cut for weeks. I am very impressed with how yours looks. Thanks
  10. DaveChill

Leon for Towing / Towbar

Hi Guys Looking for advice, thinking of using the Leon to tow. But concerned about tow bar fitting amongst other things. The MK3 Leon ST came out tops last year in tow awards so it is possible. Does anyone use their Leon to tow on here ? Not sure whether to get an install on this car or to...
  11. DaveChill

MK3 Leon Media System Updates

Yeah I know, didn't mean a hardware update.
  12. DaveChill

Yeah the USB connection is in the centre console. Little updates come along all the time. Some of the layout changes would be nice, but doubt we will get them.
  13. DaveChill

Yes both have the Tech pack. The screen does look alot sharper than mine, hence I thought there might be a hardware update too. Cheers for the quick response. I will check with SEAT for any updates when its next in for a service.
  14. DaveChill

Guys, Been in my mates brand new 2015 Leon FR today and noticed the Media system doesnt look the same as in my 2014 FR. Looks like they have made a few updates to software / hardware. I can see there is a sortware update option on my unit and I have found reference on the web that 6...
  15. DaveChill

What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

Yeah, I have the Full LED headlights too, the best headlights I have ever had on a car. But still fancied the cornering fogs, so I enabled them. Trouble is the bulbs are yellow instead of the nice bright white of the headlights, since they are not LED like the headlights. Probably the...
  16. DaveChill

Fan Jet Part No 5MO 955 985 C 9B9 I have before and after pics of the replacement, but there is a really good sticky thread with all the info on the forum. I would post a link but i don't have enough posts to add links. Cheers
  17. DaveChill

I would check before you get the heated ones. Doesn't take a few mins to get them off. If you don't have the winter pack your unlikely to have the required wiring in place. I don't have the winter pack, so I just got the non heated ones. £9.32 from the local VW dealer. (The only different is...
  18. DaveChill

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

All, I have tried doing the corning lights with the same settings from the first page but ended up with mixed results. Both fogs come on in reverse. -Good Left turn, left fog comes on, but so does the right. - Bad Right turn, right fog comes on its own - OK Seems the right one...
  19. DaveChill

Thanks Deano / Corfyboy Media Carbon background sorted. So here goes. My list of small mods on my Leon FR 184. VW Golf R Chrome Key mod Fan Washers - Big improvement, missed them from previous car. Carbon background on FIS instrument. Carbon background on Media display. Cornering...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.