Search results

1. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

The brake light issue? My recommendation would be - if you don't have a pedal mounted switch...go to a garage :) (If it's the turbo issue...good luck.....I *still* haven't quite solved it)
  2. Removing interior door lock handle is driving me nuts! Help!

Just to be clear...in case anyone is thinking "Just unplug it"....i'm talking about a manual ball type control - NOT electronic. Pretty please? :)
  3. Removing interior door lock handle is driving me nuts! Help!

Anyone? Surely someone knows how to get the wing mirror cable out? :blink:
  4. Removing interior door lock handle is driving me nuts! Help!

OOPS!! I think I've stuck this in the wrong bit..it was supposed to go in teh general mk5 bit not the FAQs.......... could a mod move it for me? (Or tell me how to do it if it's my job :))
  5. Removing interior door lock handle is driving me nuts! Help!

Alright folks - I have searched EVERYWHERE for some information on this (seriously...just release a proper affordable workshop manual Seat..please? :) )and so far i've got nowhere...so i'm hoping you guys can help out. So..>2010 Ibiza 1.4 TDi ecomotive..... driver's side interior door release...
  6. Interior door handle feels "notchy" mk5 ibiza

Ouch... Well hopefully mine will survive. Tbh I just wanted to make sure it'll get past the mot. It opens as it is... With the trick mentioned above. Probably not best for mot though. OK cool, cheers for that. I was on the right track but worth checking. :)
  7. Interior door handle feels "notchy" mk5 ibiza

Jesus... Again? I got the screws out, I'm just unsure how the wing mirror control knob comes out and don't want to force it.
  8. Interior door handle feels "notchy" mk5 ibiza

Hi there - I tough I'd ask this here rather than start a whole new thread. I'm having the same issue but when I stripped the door down I couldn't see the broken bit you're talking about. However...........I can't get the door handle cup out of the door card. I don't suppose you could give a...
  9. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

So the light reappeared again........ but this time with a code; code P0299 - Turbo underboost. Nice and vague... now begins the tracing of pipes and valves. Fun.......
  10. P0299 code but no apparent issues?!

Hi all - so..... Ibiza 1.4 TDi Ecomotive (2010) - The coil light started flashing on both legs of a return motorway trip a while ago, about the same point in the journey each time. I checked the fault codes with an OBDII reader (Torque Pro) and there was nothing. Since then the light has...
  11. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

Ah well.... in *theory* Torque Pro will pick up the fault codes (which is all I really want it for to be honest)....however there is also OBDeleven - but that uses proprietary hardware that costs about the same as a year of Carista. Hmmm...... I guess i'll see how it goes - the light hasn't...
  12. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

I would say...yes probably... Torque Pro *should* work but I do wonder if its missing stuff. I know you suggested carista but given my occassional need - it's a bit too pricey to justify. Can you suggest an alternative perhaps?
  13. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

So = checked the fault codes using a "Torque Pro" OBD2 BT adaptor found on amazon and Torque Pro app - nada. No codes. No reappearance of the light either. Weird.....but I'll take that. Now if I can just work out how to decipher what all the other readings are........
  14. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

Nice....and yes it will have gone over their heads or just ignored. They will be looking for themes rather than specific answers (unless something really stands out). I used to do those kinds of surveys (as in design and analyse them). The light hasn't reappeared again despite pootling about...
  15. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

Annnnnd the glow light is flashing again. No idea why this time though - lights are all fine (checked the rear lights by parking in front of a motorcycle delivery guy wearing a full reflective suit...amazing the range of colours you can get from them when cycling through your rear lights..). It...
  16. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

Oh I suspect they'll remember this one! It was in the garage for several days and had them scratching their heads for a bit....I htink they went through three switches as well! But yes - rigt now is work time.....I'm typically finishing production about 2-3am and starting work again around 9...
  17. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

I'll see if i can find ou from the garage...when i get a day off that is.... er...
  18. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

Hi folks! Sorry - got caught up in 14 hour work days (i'm a chocolatier....it's kind of a busy time for me! :)) and for some reason i'm not getting the notifications of replies (or they're dissapearing into the ether ..) So anyway - the sensor was tripping out because a wire was shorting out. I...
  19. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

Quick update - not the brake light switch (after all that!). Garage just phoned to say it was something else..not sure what yet, possible wiring fault. I am keeping everything crossed this doesn't become very costly...i have no idea how much wiring faults can be to fix... pffffffffff
  20. 2010 Ibiza TDi 1.4 Brake lights stuck, where's the sensor/switch?

And you'd be right to do so apparently.... the garage my car is going to tomorrow got two brake light switches from a local supplier and both were wrong. They ended up having to get the right one from the dealer. Which I guess is another reason why it was good for me to go to them - I would have...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.